Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it a good idea to step into cybersecurity domain after graduting from management?
Just wanna know I have recently completed my BBA and I am interested in doing an entry-level cybersecurity course like CEH, should I do it or should I plan for MBA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rishu's post:
  • rachel83az
This is one of those slippery questions where there is not going to be just one correct answer.  Personally I think that MBAs are in overabundance while Cybersecurity remains a relatively new area.  You didn't say if you're currently working, at what?  Do you like it?  You got your BBA...did you like it?  What was your goal in that area?  There is no "should" in this question, it's more a matter of how you want to spend your time, what is it that you actually want to do?  It's better to envision the goal and then figure out how to get there rather than try to decide on your next step without knowing your desired destination.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • carrythenothing
It's not an either/or question. You can certainly do both.

I'd guess that a single Cybersecurity cert won't do a ton for you, but if you decide to take it on as a field of study for a while, you can probably parlay it into a career. An MBA will take some time, depending on where you go to get it. So really, you just need to decide on a direction and start going that way.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-04-2022, 09:03 AM)Alpha Wrote: Personally I think that MBAs are in overabundance while Cybersecurity remains a relatively new area.  

I've seen admins with MBAs.  IMHO, unless you go to a really good school, you are probably better off doing something else.  Of course, if you just need a box check MBA for a promotion, that's a totally different thing.
Do you want to get into cybersecurity for a career? Why are you considering the cybersecurity certificate?
I don't see how the two choices impact each other much.

I see no harm in doing an introductory course IF you have any sort of interest in Cybersecurity. Even if it does nothing but acquaint you with some of the terminology and concepts, you will have a leg up. You can always drop it if you find you don't have the interest or motivation to see it through.

An MBA makes more sense when you have some business experience and are sure you want or need it. I therefore thinnk that it rarely makes sense to go straight into an MBA after getting your bachelor's. The main exception would be someone who already has lots of business experience and who got the BBA in order to get into the MBA program.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
WGU has a great Masters's degree in Cybersecurity.

WGU you can transfer in CEH or Comp TIA Pen testing for one course. Then the CISP cert will knock out another 2 courses. Finally, CHFI will knock out the 4th course, leaving only 4 courses left + capstone to complete your masters. 
https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/MSCSIA.aspx
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Which country or state are you in? What was your major or concentration/minor in the BBA? There are so many ways to play this out. Why not go for both? I would go for both, if you have time before you enroll in the MBA program, go for it! Further to that, some MBA programs have an IT concentration or focus, you can take that route to get into the IT industry in addition to getting the CEH...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,320 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 576 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cybersecurity Upskilling Alpha 3 638 06-11-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  edx - Ec Council- Professional Certificate in Cybersecurity Essentials Imbanewbie 5 1,092 02-24-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 457 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 993 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 1,577 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Free Cybersecurity bootcamp by Tulane University nyvrem 13 1,860 08-23-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Learning Management System Vle045 12 1,201 06-24-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 951 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac