Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks & Tesc
Donna709 Wrote:Hi!

I just finished my BA at TESC and am still enrolled. Can you tell me the name of the advisor that told you that Beginning Algebra satifies the college math requirement? I am trying to help my husband who needs a math course to satisfy a college-level math requirement for TESC. He is not enrolled yet, but will be soon.

The thing is, he only needs one college level math course for the AA degree he is seeking. He took Math 117 at Community College of Philadelphia a long time ago. I thought that would fulfill his requirements; however when the transcript was sent to us, it showed that it was a "for credit" course when he took it, but is now a "not for credit" course. When I called TESC, they said it would not count. Thus, the reason why he is looking into ALEKs.

He has not had math for a long time and, if he could satisfy the requirement with something not too difficult, it would be preferred.

If you could let me know who you spoke with, that would be great. I have submitted tickets to Todd Siben at TESC, but have not gotten any clarity. I am guessing the reason I haven't is because the information is not for me ... and my husband is not an enrolled student yet.

Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Donna

I found my school to take ALeks and TESC told me the same when I called the other day about a degree.
I find ALEKS to be a great program honestly. There is absolutely no way to cheat which is good because that means that the program will develop other courses over time that will be ok for credits.
The Math programs are not as easy as they seem. You hear ALG I and you think oh great easy. But in fact they make it difficult for failure. I landed a 55% then 60% and so on. You need a 70% assessment not total work on the pie in order to transcribe that into ACE credits.
good luck
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
mongoose65 Wrote:Yes, the CLEP College Math (6 credit general exam).

As for the rest, I can't even contemplate MAT 121. I'm still at 41% of beginning algebra and ready to take a long walk off a short pier!

mmmm, Boston cream pie...

You do know that once you are done with your learning part of the pie you still have to take an assessment again, right? If you do not achieve the 70 % needed and say go back to 40% then you have to go back all the way plus negative 1 % of where you began the first time.
So practice hard before you take the assessment again and best of luck.
I only tell you this because I was very confused when i started ALEKS.
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
Never mind...........I went FarmerBoy's postings and got my answers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,437 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 7 2,712 11-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  ALEKS and CSMlearn Kjblue 3 1,410 10-29-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Anyone frustrated with ALEKS? MeOldChina 8 2,551 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  How to register for ALEKS akr680 2 1,163 04-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Aleks courses Supermind 14 3,666 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Supermind
  Is Aleks still ACE accredited as of now? FilMor 28 5,960 12-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  ALEKS question - How does it teach math? magflo 8 5,387 05-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Can i pass all three ALEKS in my trial run ? sarahrahul 27 7,688 05-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  I don't understand Aleks Assessments smrt 17 3,355 05-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Last Post: a2jc4life