Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Algebra Blues
I just wanted to let you all know that Excelsior has approved the Brigham Young Algebra course. It is 17 lessons and turn in assignments, 17 quizzes, two proctored tests and one proctored exam. While it is a bummer that it has to be proctored...I can usually learn anything...even math, long enough to pass one test at a time. Plus...I figure if I do well on my assignments...all I have to do is well enough to PASS on the tests. The good part is that it only costs $380 (+/-) and they send you all materials (no book to pay for). It is also self paced so , unlike the classes I am taking through Excelsior right now, I do not have to spread it out over 4 months and I could , conceivably, still finish in August! This might be an option for anyone in a similar situation or time crunch. Good luck to all!Wink
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
tampalizard Wrote:I just wanted to let you all know that Excelsior has approved the Brigham Young Algebra course. It is 17 lessons and turn in assignments, 17 quizzes, two proctored tests and one proctored exam. While it is a bummer that it has to be proctored...I can usually learn anything...even math, long enough to pass one test at a time. Plus...I figure if I do well on my assignments...all I have to do is well enough to PASS on the tests. The good part is that it only costs $380 (+/-) and they send you all materials (no book to pay for). It is also self paced so , unlike the classes I am taking through Excelsior right now, I do not have to spread it out over 4 months and I could , conceivably, still finish in August! This might be an option for anyone in a similar situation or time crunch. Good luck to all!Wink

Hey - wait a second!!! I found another course from TEXAS STATE that only has 7 lessons and 1 exam; I'll send it shortly.......
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:Hey - wait a second!!! I found another course from TEXAS STATE that only has 7 lessons and 1 exam; I'll send it shortly.......

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]It was approved by EC so take a look at it and see what you think. GOOD LUCK
http://www.studyanywhere.txstate.edu/corr_math_1311[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Thanks Brian,
But I am one of the unfortunate ones in a Business degree program and that will not count for me. I have to have Algebra at Pre-calc or above. Oh well, I already paid anyway. Good luck to you if you take the Texas State class!
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Algebra no Proctor smilingtimes 11 2,262 09-04-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: QuickDegree223
  US appeals court overturns first 'Varsity Blues' scandal convictions smartdegree 2 340 05-24-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra udi 8 2,469 08-06-2021, 01:53 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Questions about Calculus I and II, and Linear Algebra tesu-acct-student 7 3,291 09-16-2019, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Zo_ey
  What does the College Algebra test look like on the screen? matermultorum 11 2,840 01-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  Accuplacer : Elementary Algebra 2L8 14 2,346 10-28-2018, 09:38 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  College Algebra CLEP Prep - Saylor or Study.com? tifferbugz 7 1,946 10-27-2018, 11:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College Math and College Algebra indigoshuffle 4 1,519 08-17-2018, 01:37 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  College Algebra ALEKS course for ACE credit? AgedParent 5 5,290 05-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  CLEP College Algebra garrettburton 15 5,313 03-13-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore