Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Credit Project closing down
(04-24-2018, 02:28 AM)bezzina Wrote: Apologies in advance if this is an obvious question. I've been thinking about using Saylor for College Algebra. Will this have any effect on me being able to transfer credit from Saylor to WGU? Alternatively, has Saylor provided an update on the ACPE courses that they submitted to ACE for review?

Currently Saylor College Algebra is credit approved for ACP ACE credit until 5/31/2018 under ACPE-0016.  If you complete it before that time you can add it to your ACE transcript for credit - which WGU does except.  It is not approved as a Saylor course directly at this time, but it has been stated that Saylor is working on that (but until it "is", it can't be counted on).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(04-24-2018, 07:38 AM)allvia Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 02:28 AM)bezzina Wrote: Apologies in advance if this is an obvious question. I've been thinking about using Saylor for College Algebra. Will this have any effect on me being able to transfer credit from Saylor to WGU? Alternatively, has Saylor provided an update on the ACPE courses that they submitted to ACE for review?

Currently Saylor College Algebra is credit approved for ACP ACE credit until 5/31/2018 under ACPE-0016.  If you complete it before that time you can add it to your ACE transcript for credit - which WGU does except.  It is not approved as a Saylor course directly at this time, but it has been stated that Saylor is working on that (but until it "is", it can't be counted on).

All of the SL courses have expired under ACP. I tried to add one earlier this week and it wouldn't even let me submit it.
(04-24-2018, 10:06 AM)cookderosa Wrote:

All of the SL courses have expired under ACP.  I tried to add one earlier this week and it wouldn't even let me submit it.

They must have just updated them (Saylor courses only), as I took it off the site this morning (I checked before I posted) - this is what it reads as of right now...

College Algebra (Saylor Academy) (MA001)
Credit Type:
Course
ACE Course Number:
Organization:
Alternative Credit Project Ecosystem
Length:
This is a self-paced online course that is completed over a period of 104 hours
Dates Offered:
4/1/2015 - 5/31/2018

EDIT:  cookderosa, I see you stated that the SL ones had expired (true), not the Saylor (they are currently the only ones still active) - I misread what you write the first time.
Amberton University

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • cookderosa
(04-24-2018, 10:41 AM)allvia Wrote:

All of the SL courses have expired under ACP.  I tried to add one earlier this week and it wouldn't even let me submit it.

They must have just updated them (Saylor courses only), as I took it off the site this morning (I checked before I posted) - this is what it reads as of right now...

Credit Type:
Course
ACE Course Number:
Organization:
Length:
Dates Offered:
4/1/2015 - 5/31/2018

EDIT:  cookderosa, I see you stated that the SL ones had expired (true), not the Saylor (they are currently the only ones still active) - I misread what you write the first time.

Yeah, I saw that. That's good news- curious if you're using ACP for a school that doesn't otherwise accept ACE? I'm not super familiar with that list.
(04-24-2018, 12:36 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 10:41 AM)allvia Wrote:

Credit Type:
Course
ACE Course Number:
Organization:
Length:
Dates Offered:
4/1/2015 - 5/31/2018

Yeah, I saw that. That's good news- curious if you're using ACP for a school that doesn't otherwise accept ACE?  I'm not super familiar with that list.

I ended up going with TESU for my BSBA, but I had looked into WGU (applied, sent transcripts for eval, etc). Saylor does have some courses that are ACP ACE/NCCRS evaluated, that are currently not Saylor direct ACE.   WGU took the Saylor credit due to the ACP ACE, but not the NCCRS (they are not a NCCRS cooperating school, aka partner school)
Amberton University

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • sarg123
(04-24-2018, 01:37 PM)allvia Wrote: I ended up going with TESU for my BSBA, but I had looked into WGU (applied, sent transcripts for eval, etc). Saylor does have some courses that are ACP ACE/NCCRS evaluated, that are currently not Saylor direct ACE.   WGU took the Saylor credit due to the ACP ACE, but not the NCCRS (they are not a NCCRS cooperating school, aka partner school)

I think WGU will take any ACE, not just ACP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-24-2018, 04:43 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 01:37 PM)allvia Wrote: I ended up going with TESU for my BSBA, but I had looked into WGU (applied, sent transcripts for eval, etc). Saylor does have some courses that are ACP ACE/NCCRS evaluated, that are currently not Saylor direct ACE.   WGU took the Saylor credit due to the ACP ACE, but not the NCCRS (they are not a NCCRS cooperating school, aka partner school)

You are correct, they (WGU) do accept ACE credits.  I worried if what I posted was not clear, let me try again.  I had a course that was Saylor direct NCCRS approved but not ACE and they would not accept it. They did however take a Saylor direct course that was only NCCRS because it was on my ACE as an ACP.  I do hope this is more clear.
Amberton University

(04-24-2018, 05:17 PM)allvia Wrote:

You are correct, they (WGU) do accept ACE credits.  I worried if what I posted was not clear, let me try again.  I had a course that was Saylor direct NCCRS approved but not ACE and they would not accept it. They did however take a Saylor direct course that was only NCCRS because it was on my ACE as an ACP.  I do hope this is more clear.

Still not very clear, I don't think.

"Saylor direct" is Saylor's nomenclature, but it doesn't mean much.

What is important is that some Saylor courses are ACE-approved, some are NCCRS-approved, and some are both.  So a school that will take ACE-approved courses will take Saylor courses that are ACE or ACE and NCCRS.  But they won't take any that are NCCRS only.

ACP was basically considered ACE because it came in on an ACE transcript.  It's like a subcategory of ACE.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Its been a while since I posted but have some info on this subject.
Just the other day, Saylor responded to my personal inquiry about some course credit via ACP.

Their response:
All courses under the ACPE grouping are approved through May 31st but we currently have them under review for an extension.

Everything listed on our credit page is accurate through May 31st at least, and we'll update it as soon as we have new recommendations and ACE course numbers. Let me know if you have any other questions!
DSST- General Anthropology - 52, Intro to Computer - 469, Technical Writing - 54, DSST Ethics in America - 59 (1996),
CLEP- Sociology -54, College Math - 550(1996), CLEP Principles of Management - 60 (1996)
Aleks Beg Alg,
(04-24-2018, 10:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 05:17 PM)allvia Wrote:

Still not very clear, I don't think.

"Saylor direct" is Saylor's nomenclature, but it doesn't mean much.

What is important is that some Saylor courses are ACE-approved, some are NCCRS-approved, and some are both.  So a school that will take ACE-approved courses will take Saylor courses that are ACE or ACE and NCCRS.  But they won't take any that are NCCRS only.

ACP was basically considered ACE because it came in on an ACE transcript.  It's like a subcategory of ACE.

My last hope on making it clear - if they were approved as Saylor courses with NCCRS, but not as Saylor courses directly with ACE then they were not accepted (i.e. CS101: Introduction to Computer Science I). If they were accepted as an ACP course they would be accepted.   Normally you add courses to your ACE transcript directly under the providers name then choose their course #, in example I would choose 'Saylor' then choose their SAYA-0009 for their BUS105: Managerial Accounting course and have it added to ACE.   However for a course such as BUS203: Principles of Marketing you would not choose Saylor from the ACE provider list you would choose 'Alternative Credit Project Ecosystem' and select ACPE-0127.

I felt it was important to make this distinction because there are schools (other than WGU) who will take the ACPE through ACE, but would not accept the same course as an SAYAAfter all that was one of the main objectives of the Alternative Credit Project, to get schools that normally would not accept ACE credits to agree to accept some courses from a few specific providers (such as Saylor).  I know I have my Sophia Project Management on my ACE transcript twice one as a Sophia course and again as an ACPE.
Amberton University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,529 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,951 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 244 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 741 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Alternative to Metropolia fcfcfc 6 695 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 696 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 484 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,434 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 530 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 332 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks