Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Military University
I am a 55 yr old father of 5 trying to finish my degree. Of the 5 kids, 3 have their degrees, one is college freshman and the last one is a senior in high school. The company I work for has tuition reimbursement so now I can finish. My question is I need 11 classes. I have saved some gen ed for last (literature, college algebra, science, etc...). I have transferred all my transcripts tp AMU. I have a mentally exhausting job so I am looking at the path of least resistance for my last push. Does anyone have any recommendations for which business courses and science to take at AMU? Thanks.
So I can understand. What I have done is pick classes or subject matter I am strong in. I have even went so far to take a test on DSST that I wasn't sure how I would do to have a good baseline. I also have a few gaps with your same problem, but have limited myself onto a very slow road by doing very few classes sometimes. I have now taken off work just to spend two semesters in the University taking classes or tests.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
popieh Wrote:I am a 55 yr old father of 5 trying to finish my degree. Of the 5 kids, 3 have their degrees, one is college freshman and the last one is a senior in high school. The company I work for has tuition reimbursement so now I can finish. My question is I need 11 classes. I have saved some gen ed for last (literature, college algebra, science, etc...). I have transferred all my transcripts tp AMU. I have a mentally exhausting job so I am looking at the path of least resistance for my last push. Does anyone have any recommendations for which business courses and science to take at AMU? Thanks.

How many courses have you taken at AMU and what did they say is left to complete your degree?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
I haven't taken any at AMU yet. Just about to pull the trigger. I am in Business, so what I need to complete is a Literature class, a Science w/lab, College Algebra, 18 Core hours and 6 hours in the Concentration...and a Capstone. They have a 30 hour residency thing, so I can transfer in 6 more hours.
I'd use ratemyprofessors.com to see which AMU teachers are easiest. Take those business courses. Then complete through ALEKS beginning algebra and college algebra. $20 and 6 credits you can transfer in. APUS/ALEKS Equivalents

ALEKS business stats will satisfy Math 302 as one of your business core courses.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
I personally would always try to take any residency requirements as my core/AOS courses. If you're going to pay more for a course, make it worth your while. I would hate to pay $900 for a Lit course!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
popieh Wrote:I haven't taken any at AMU yet. Just about to pull the trigger. I am in Business, so what I need to complete is a Literature class, a Science w/lab, College Algebra, 18 Core hours and 6 hours in the Concentration...and a Capstone. They have a 30 hour residency thing, so I can transfer in 6 more hours.
Hey I'm currently in AMU right now and the easiest lit class was 201 and the easiest science class was biology scin 130.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Louisville - Masters (Active Duty) bjcheung77 0 662 06-16-2023, 12:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American Legion research study Alpha 3 1,534 10-28-2022, 07:42 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 3,041 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  National University Alpha 0 1,416 04-29-2021, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Digital University Alpha 0 1,035 03-22-2021, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Norwich University for EOD and Navy Divers ROYISAGIRL 0 1,038 03-02-2021, 09:01 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Indiana Wesleyan University ROYISAGIRL 0 1,340 08-22-2020, 04:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,700 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,586 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,796 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh