Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annenberg Media Grad Credits
I have a question about Annenberg Grad Credits. These classes were talked about on the boards before and the fact the grad credits are pass/fail and EC will not take them because of that. Well my question is does anyone know if COSC or TESC will take these grad credits with the grading as pass/fail? Also how do they place them on a transcript meaning what area do they go under? Thanks
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
alleycat Wrote:I have a question about Annenberg Grad Credits. These classes were talked about on the boards before and the fact the grad credits are pass/fail and EC will not take them because of that. Well my question is does anyone know if COSC or TESC will take these grad credits with the grading as pass/fail? Also how do they place them on a transcript meaning what area do they go under? Thanks
>>

Well, I know that my edu credits were all filed under free electives, so that's my guess unless edu is somehow part of your major. Also, I know TESC takes pass/fail credit (ALEKS) so I'd bet they do...but I was wrong about EC, so it's worth asking.
cookderosa Wrote:>>

Well, I know that my edu credits were all filed under free electives, so that's my guess unless edu is somehow part of your major. Also, I know TESC takes pass/fail credit (ALEKS) so I'd bet they do...but I was wrong about EC, so it's worth asking.

Thanks Jennifer,

So you think that they are all edu credits and go under free electives. You are right wiht the pass/fail at TESC so that is good. I wonder if COSC will take them also being pass/fail? Someone I know is looking at the Art classes for their degree and they were wondering if it would count. But you did bring up a good point about EC and pass/fail. Don't they take Aleks?? That is pass/fail so why wouldn't they take the grad credits?

Thanks alot for your thoughts
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
alleycat Wrote:Thanks Jennifer,

So you think that they are all edu credits and go under free electives. You are right wiht the pass/fail at TESC so that is good. I wonder if COSC will take them also being pass/fail? Someone I know is looking at the Art classes for their degree and they were wondering if it would count. But you did bring up a good point about EC and pass/fail. Don't they take Aleks?? That is pass/fail so why wouldn't they take the grad credits?

Thanks alot for your thoughts
>>

I know the annenberg classes all have EDU prefixes, except for 1 (two? ) of them- science (or math?)...ok, forget it, I'm no help lol.
I don't get this. Aren't all CLEP and DSST basically pass/fail? Even if assigned a letter grade? What am I missing here?

Julie S.
Thats my question also because someone posted on another thread that they would not take them at EC because of pass/fail. So I am wondering if anyone really ever got to the bottom of this. Also my question was does COSC and TESC take them as upper level courses? Very confusing.

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
I think the issue with Excelsior was trying to get them transferred into a Masters program at Excelsior, as they require a grade of at least a B to transfer in grad credits.

But if you are looking to take them and get them accepted as upper level credits towards a Bachelors with pass / fail grading , then you would need to ask an advisor at EC as that is a different scenario.

Peace123

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU UL for dual enrollment credits IReallyNeedADegree 15 1,323 07-14-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,525 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit bjcheung77 5 876 07-16-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,079 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Demand for Grad programs... bjcheung77 0 602 02-17-2021, 01:52 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Social Media dewisant 10 2,735 10-28-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl
  Big 3 Grad meets President of.... burbuja0512 6 1,785 03-30-2019, 07:03 AM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Extra grad credits on resumes Ideas 5 1,758 02-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  How many college credits did you earn in 2018? natshar 22 3,588 01-02-2019, 11:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Medical Assistant Training and Credits for Certification sanantone 1 1,104 01-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512