Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASU UL for dual enrollment credits
Hey guys it's me again. 
I am completing my HSD online and the school told me I could transfer in 3cr college courses to graduate earlier. Can I do some ASU UL courses as a "High School Student"?
You can, yes! ASU is fine with that. But you might also want to consider TEL Learning. They're $200 per class instead of $425. Downside is that they've got two proctored exams and multiple assignments for each course. And, unlike ASU, if you fail, the failure automatically goes on your transcript. ASU is good if you've got the money. TEL might be better if you need to budget.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • IReallyNeedADegree
(07-05-2023, 12:52 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You can, yes! ASU is fine with that. But you might also want to consider TEL Learning. They're $200 per class instead of $425. Downside is that they've got two proctored exams and multiple assignments for each course. And, unlike ASU, if you fail, the failure automatically goes on your transcript. ASU is good if you've got the money. TEL might be better if you need to budget.

you are always there with a quick quality reply thank you for everything rachel!
(07-05-2023, 12:47 PM)IReallyNeedADegree Wrote: Hey guys it's me again. 
I am completing my HSD online and the school told me I could transfer in 3cr college courses to graduate earlier. Can I do some ASU UL courses as a "High School Student"?

Anyone can take these courses.

There are also other cheaper options out there - NM has lots of CC's that will let you take DE courses, AZ prices are usually pretty good, WV has courses for $25/cr for high schoolers, etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
When comparing prices, make sure to be aware what the cost of the textbooks will be. For ASU and TEL, that cost is $0. For a class from a more traditional school, you might wind up paying $150-200 on just the textbook. Cheaper tuition doesn't always mean cheaper cost.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Basically, compare learning providers and institutions that allow for early college enrollment programs (dual credit for high school and college). Find the ones that provide you courses that can't be completed by ACE/NCCRS alternative credits and will go into your degree plan you will ladder up to. Just because it's available, doesn't mean you will need to take the course, it needs to meet your future degree requirements unless you're using it in the general education or free elective fields.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-06-2023, 10:02 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

There are also other cheaper options out there - NM has lots of CC's that will let you take DE courses, AZ prices are usually pretty good, WV has courses for $25/cr for high schoolers, etc.

Do you have a list of these colleges?
(07-06-2023, 05:53 PM)IReallyNeedADegree Wrote:
(07-06-2023, 10:02 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Do you have a list of these colleges?

Homeschooling for College Credit does.  I don't keep up with it.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
FYI, HS4CC recently achieved non-profit status in early 2023, one of our former members took their time getting this done...
And here's a link for their Out of State DE list: https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.co...ment-list/
And another link for their cheapest DE list: https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.co...ment-list/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • IReallyNeedADegree, Pikachu
(07-08-2023, 03:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: FYI, HS4CC recently achieved non-profit status in early 2023, one of our former members took their time getting this done...
And here's a link for their Out of State DE list: https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.co...ment-list/
And another link for their cheapest DE list: https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.co...ment-list/

"Took their time" as in "why'd she take so long to do this?"  Or were you meaning something else?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Enrollment - Rebounding for the For-Profits bjcheung77 2 1,182 11-23-2020, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Thorne
  Extra grad credits on resumes Ideas 5 1,877 02-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Dual Credit at Home: How to Pray for Your Children Printable eriehiker 21 3,786 01-17-2019, 09:05 PM
Last Post: AaressLawless
  How many college credits did you earn in 2018? natshar 22 3,649 01-02-2019, 11:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Medical Assistant Training and Credits for Certification sanantone 1 1,128 01-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  College-Math Recommended (6) Credits Ratfus 6 1,880 05-14-2017, 10:45 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  “Can I Make An Entire College Degree Out Of CLEP Credits?” jmeitrem 9 2,603 02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Has anyone else ended up with a ridiculous amount of college credits? Leherself 26 3,261 08-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: UptonSinclair
  Be careful if you're trying to transfer credits from UNC, lol Leebo 6 1,425 03-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  My ECE Evaluation got me 65 Semester Hour Credits!! Saharapost 9 1,892 02-07-2014, 07:25 AM
Last Post: AlbaTiVo