Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any experience with Ashworth?
I'm looking for a simple, relatively cheap, quick program. I don't want to mess with Study.com, Straighterline, Davar, Schmoop really I'd rather just keep everything in one place.

The program I'm looking at is the AS Computer Information Systems for a quick checkbox. NA will work.

Penn Foster is the other option, I've already got a few credits there Ashworth's program looks crazy simple.

Thoughts?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
(05-15-2020, 09:01 AM)xicovu Wrote: I'm looking for a simple, relatively cheap, quick program. I don't want to mess with Study.com, Straighterline, Davar, Schmoop really I'd rather just keep everything in one place.

The program I'm looking at is the AS Computer Information Systems for a quick checkbox. NA will work.

Penn Foster is the other option, I've already got a few credits there Ashworth's program looks crazy simple.

Thoughts?
I've went to both Penn Foster and Ashworth each time I picked a certificate or career diploma and geaduated. I actually enjoyed going to both I did the Veterinary Assisting program with Ashworth it was completely self paced and the courses are prettt good I learned a lot and was able to work at a clinic. For Penn Foster I did the Wildlife/ Conservation career diploma. I again really enjoyed the courses and learned a great deal. If your work accepts that it's NA I don't see a reason not too. Plus if you did take some ACE credit courses they both take them.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 2 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • bluebooger, tifferbugz
> I did the Veterinary Assisting program ... I learned a lot and was able to work at a clinic.

awesome !

Dr Pol, Critter Fixers, Secrets of the Zoo ...
I love and watch all those shows
(05-15-2020, 12:03 PM)bluebooger Wrote: > I did the Veterinary Assisting program ... I learned a lot and was able to work at a clinic.

awesome !

Dr Pol, Critter Fixers, Secrets of the Zoo ...
I love and watch all those shows
Yeah I watched those before lol, but the Veterinary Assisting program you aren't dealing with the patients really more or less I dealt with bringing things to the veterinary technicians and dealing more with paperwork. It did prepare me for the Brick and Mortar school I go to now. Plus the experience learned at the clinic transferred over.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

I completed my AA with Ashworth a few year ago. Not too many negatives. Occasionally textbooks can take a couple of months to arrive, but maybe they fixed that by now because I noticed in my last term with them they were starting to use more e-textbooks. I’m sure you already know but it’s very much like an independent study - there won’t be group discussions or communication with other people in your classes.
BABA, New England College, 2019
Did a BS there and a certificate. Books are provided, each course has some 8 quizzes and two written papers. 2-4 pages. Going to go back and do my certificate in accounting.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
(05-15-2020, 09:01 AM)xicovu Wrote: I'm looking for a simple, relatively cheap, quick program. I don't want to mess with Study.com, Straighterline, Davar, Schmoop really I'd rather just keep everything in one place.

Thoughts?

Give a look at in state community or technical colleges. They maybe significantly cheaper. Many offer programs in CIS which are completely online..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My experience at SNHU as a BS Finance major neilsf 12 1,841 08-18-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Amberton Bachelor's Experience? SCYankee 6 979 03-01-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Unaccredited or Life Experience Degrees that are legal? ak1238 25 5,019 06-26-2021, 06:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts