Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chemistry I and Physics I with LAB SL
(09-09-2020, 06:10 PM)rpmranger Wrote: Ok, so we have basically the same requirements so you will have the same problem as I did for Chemistry. I am finishing up Technical Studies this Fall, which is similar. I would email TESU and ask if that specific S/L PHYS will still fill the AVIAT MX degree requirement and ask them about the PHYS 111/112 at study.com if they have been re-certified or not.

I got this reply recently about study.com PHYS:
"Study.com's Physics111 has a review end date of 9/1/2020 and would transfer to TESU as PHY-113 General Physics I (3SH) if the course was successfully completed and the date indicated on the study.com transcript is 9/1/2020 or prior. A new review of the study.com course is pending so an equivalency for after the 9/1/2020 end date has not yet been determined".

They did not re-certify their CHEM for equivalency in the latest review, so I did not want to risk it with PHYS pending. These classes are the biggest obstacle to the BS degree at TESU. Most people do community college with a lab or find an approved online program then take TESU online labs. For me, the whole 4 credits each at CC was cheaper than just one TESU lab cost. Rio Salado CC is a popular online choice on this forum for these classes because they have rolling starts, every week I think. If you happen to be in the Dallas area, Dallas CC offers all the Science courses you need fully online (8 week courses) at $68/cr.

Thanks for the info! I will add Rio Salado and Dallas CC to my list of alternate options if for some reason ASU doesn't work out.. About the only blessing of the coronavirus pandemic is it's forcing institutions to finally be creative and devote resources to online platforms.

I'm doing SDC PHY-111 as we speak, with 112 next on the horizon- not too worried about it not passing review, if I were taking 101, I'd have a full-on heart attack...  There does seem to be a push to eliminate the intro science courses as credit for Science & Technology programs- I can understand this reasoning for the two ABET programs TESU offers (ESET & NEET) , but doesn't make a ton of sense for the non ABET or general technical degree programs... but yes, it's a total tap dance trying to find science w/lab programs online, and TESU's format isn't ideal for a science course.
You might want to add a few more other colleges in the list, your local community colleges if they have online courses and the ones listed here are good as well: Link https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid317419
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • CableGuy98
(09-09-2020, 11:23 PM)CableGuy98 Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 06:10 PM)rpmranger Wrote: Ok, so we have basically the same requirements so you will have the same problem as I did for Chemistry. I am finishing up Technical Studies this Fall, which is similar. I would email TESU and ask if that specific S/L PHYS will still fill the AVIAT MX degree requirement and ask them about the PHYS 111/112 at study.com if they have been re-certified or not.

I got this reply recently about study.com PHYS:
"Study.com's Physics111 has a review end date of 9/1/2020 and would transfer to TESU as PHY-113 General Physics I (3SH) if the course was successfully completed and the date indicated on the study.com transcript is 9/1/2020 or prior. A new review of the study.com course is pending so an equivalency for after the 9/1/2020 end date has not yet been determined".

They did not re-certify their CHEM for equivalency in the latest review, so I did not want to risk it with PHYS pending. These classes are the biggest obstacle to the BS degree at TESU. Most people do community college with a lab or find an approved online program then take TESU online labs. For me, the whole 4 credits each at CC was cheaper than just one TESU lab cost. Rio Salado CC is a popular online choice on this forum for these classes because they have rolling starts, every week I think. If you happen to be in the Dallas area, Dallas CC offers all the Science courses you need fully online (8 week courses) at $68/cr.

Thanks for the info! I will add Rio Salado and Dallas CC to my list of alternate options if for some reason ASU doesn't work out.. About the only blessing of the coronavirus pandemic is it's forcing institutions to finally be creative and devote resources to online platforms.

I'm doing SDC PHY-111 as we speak, with 112 next on the horizon- not too worried about it not passing review, if I were taking 101, I'd have a full-on heart attack...  There does seem to be a push to eliminate the intro science courses as credit for Science & Technology programs- I can understand this reasoning for the two ABET programs TESU offers (ESET & NEET) , but doesn't make a ton of sense for the non ABET or general technical degree programs... but yes, it's a total tap dance trying to find science w/lab programs online, and TESU's format isn't ideal for a science course.

Honestly, TESU's Physics is easier than SDC.  But don't tell anybody; they might change it.  Most of the courses (besides the cornerstone) are stupid amounts of busywork.  Physics is just a couple objective questions (no APA citations or other nonsense, just write down the answer like high school homework) and a lab report due every two weeks.  Two multiple guess exams and you are done.  It's all algebra; not even any trig.  I'm surprised ABET signed off on it.  Shhsh.

It's just expensive if you aren't on some kind of discount (it's kind of expensive then too).  The CC options sound like good ideas if one is convenient. I found my local CC wanted 5 times as much paperwork as TESU did to get enrolled. I'm a couple credits away from a BS and I need to write my high school to send a diploma from when Clinton was president?
[-] The following 2 users Like tallpilot's post:
  • CableGuy98, jch
Another option for courses that I had forgotten about is Tel Learning. They have Chem I + lab for $267. If you have it transcripted at Greenville University, it should come in as CHEM 111 + lab, which ought to satisfy TESU (but I would contact TESU to be sure). It definitely shouldn't come in as CHEM 107 which looks amazingly interesting and Greenville University hasn't got a CHEM 101 so it's probably not going to come in as an intro/survey course.
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • CableGuy98, samiam, tallpilot
(09-10-2020, 12:44 AM)tallpilot Wrote: Honestly, TESU's Physics is easier than SDC.  But don't tell anybody; they might change it.  Most of the courses (besides the cornerstone) are stupid amounts of busywork.  Physics is just a couple objective questions (no APA citations or other nonsense, just write down the answer like high school homework) and a lab report due every two weeks.  Two multiple guess exams and you are done.  It's all algebra; not even any trig.  I'm surprised ABET signed off on it.  Shhsh.

It's just expensive if you aren't on some kind of discount (it's kind of expensive then too).  The CC options sound like good ideas if one is convenient.  I found my local CC wanted 5 times as much paperwork as TESU did to get enrolled.  I'm a couple credits away from a BS and I need to write my high school to send a diploma from when Clinton was president?

Duly noted!!! With that in mind, I may look at TESU for Physics II since that'll help knock off some residency hours... 

I will neither confirm nor deny high school attendance in the late 90's... Cool

(09-10-2020, 12:02 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You might want to add a few more other colleges in the list, your local community colleges if they have online courses and the ones listed here are good as well: Link https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid317419

Many thanks.. consider that Done & Done! Between AZ & NM.. the prices are right!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chemistry Course YehudisS 16 1,504 10-01-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: YehudisS
  Calc based Physics needed Hometeacher628 14 1,387 09-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Self paced physics I and II with lab dustyflyer 8 2,120 09-12-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Hometeacher628
  Has anyone taken TEL Chemistry 1 + Lab? DIGI-212 3 744 10-25-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Liberty University Online BS in Physics and BS Civil Engineering armstrongsubero 2 1,539 04-11-2021, 12:38 PM
  Organic Chemistry class indigoshuffle 3 1,211 03-15-2021, 12:52 AM
  Physics and Mathematics online self-paced college courses for credit sciencemathematics1 0 1,070 03-03-2020, 12:46 AM
Last Post: sciencemathematics1
  BS general studies with physics concentration: Worth less than a physics major? sciencemathematics1 20 3,925 02-11-2020, 11:57 PM
Last Post: sciencemathematics1
  Chemistry CLEP Exam Scoring JohnnyHeck 2 1,508 03-23-2019, 10:26 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  UExcel Physics mtompkins 4 2,035 03-23-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: megasscholar