Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any of the big three accept ITT-Tech credits?
Do you have tuition assistance or reimbursement from work? Do you have a budget/fund saved up for school, how much are you looking to spend, are you qualified for Pell Grant? Have commitments such as kids, wife, work? Are you looking at NA (Nationally Accredited) or RA (Regionally Accredited) Bachelors & MBA? I usually ask more questions now before I make a recommendation. Please provide us more details on your current situation.

Anyways, I would also recommend getting some Sophia.org credits along with your current set... In fact, don't even think of the ITT-Tech Associates, with your current credits, you can get the PierPont BOG AAS with an emphasis in IT to take its place... I will be updating this post with a few links, Texas has awesome educational options, you don't have to choose these just yet. I recommend RA and some selective NA schools, depends on the scenario/situation the forum member is in...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(07-22-2021, 03:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Do you have tuition assistance or reimbursement from work? Do you have a budget/fund saved up for school, how much are you looking to spend, are you qualified for Pell Grant? Have commitments such as kids, wife, work? Are you looking at NA (Nationally Accredited) or RA (Regionally Accredited) Bachelors & MBA? I usually ask more questions now before I make a recommendation.  Please provide us more details on your current situation.

Anyways, I would also recommend getting some Sophia.org credits along with your current set... In fact, don't even think of the ITT-Tech Associates, with your current credits, you can get the PierPont BOG AAS with an emphasis in IT to take its place...  I will be updating this post with a few links, Texas has awesome educational options, you don't have to choose these just yet.  I recommend RA and some selective NA schools, depends on the scenario/situation the forum member is in...

I do not have tuition assistance or reimbursement, but I can afford to pay whatever is necessary as I'm in a good financial situation. For me it's about quickest path forward.

I work full-time, but have plenty of time during the day to dedicate to classes / studying and free weekends. I work remotely and I usually complete most of my duties in 4 hours. I have my son every other week. No wife. Definitely regionally accredited and probably going to do a MBA locally.
I would suggest applying to a program that aligns with your goals through WGU.  As stated I believe they will take your ITT credits (at least some) and your certs may also cover some courses (depending on the degree path you choose).

Apply to WGU (https://www.wgu.edu/online-degree-programs.html), send them everything you have for credits/certs from all sources but Do Not ENROLL with them until you report back to us what they have accepted for the degree you choose. Why - we may be able to help you expedite what you're missing quickly and at low cost.  WGU generally allows you to transfer up to 90 credits (75%), but you cannot transfer anything in once you enroll. Historically they have been pretty quick to evaluate and let you know where you stand once they receive your transcripts.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, jch, texsec
Purdue Global does not take NA that I know of, but they are more generous with their certs than almost anyone else. I show that between the CCNA, CISA, and CISSP, you can get 59qcr (equivalent to 40cr for a semester school) - this works out to be 33% of the Cybersecurity degree. The CISSP also gives another 20qcr of graduate-level credit, although I'm not sure how that translates into the bachelor's degree. Worst case you're at 44% of the degree being done before you even look at ITT.

You can then do almost all of your GE and remaining General Electives via Sophia and Study.com (I think the only course that cannot be gotten via alt-credit is CS212: Communicating Professionalism). At that point, you just do 45cr in the major at PUG directly, and you're done.

The best part is that you're able to get it done either via a regular degree program, or their ExcelTrack competency-based program. I think you can probably get more traction here than WGU, because WGU has no Free Electives, while PUG has tons of them (50qcr in this particular degree).
------------------------------------------------------

For WGU's Cybersecurity degree, the CISSP and CCNA count for 17cr + 11cr = 28cr / 122cr required = 23% of the degree is covered (CISA duplicates CISSP credits). While the majority of the GE and some major coursework can be done via Sophia, Study, SL, and Saylor, I still think you'd come out ahead through PUG.
-------------------------------------------------------

All of that to say: send in all of your transcripts to both schools to get evaluations done. Then, figure out what you have LEFT TO COMPLETE at each school; figure out the best way to get credits for those remaining courses; and the determine which school you'd rather go to. It's always better to look forward at what's left to do than backwards at what each school gave you for credit. For instance if WGU gives you a little ITT credit, but you end up with 78cr to finish, you may be better off at PUG who didn't give you any credit for ITT, but you only have 60cr (90qcr) to go, and many of those are free electives. Always look forward.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, texsec
(07-22-2021, 03:34 PM)texsec Wrote: I do not have tuition assistance or reimbursement, but I can afford to pay whatever is necessary as I'm in a good financial situation. For me it's about quickest path forward.

I work full-time, but have plenty of time during the day to dedicate to classes / studying and free weekends. I work remotely and I usually complete most of my duties in 4 hours. I have my son every other week. No wife. Definitely regionally accredited and probably going to do a MBA locally.

Since you already have an IT associate's degree with some high-level certifications, it may not make sense to go for a Bachelor's in IT.

The UMPI BA in Business Admin – Management & Leadership would be both the cheapest and fastest way to go.

Git-R-Done 6 Month UMPI Plan
1st-2nd Month Sophia
3rd Month Instantcert 
4th Month Study.com
5-6th Month UMPI Term  (It could take 2 or more terms to do all courses depending on time u put into it)

* This is based on working at least 20hr a week on your studies which is possible with a full-time job.

(The first lesson each course is free and they allow you to see the entire course via pdf downloads)

Then when you have your degree plan set up, pay the membership fee, then start your courses.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
How long ago are the credits from ITT? Many schools don't accept IT/CS credits after 5 years.
(07-23-2021, 03:57 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(07-22-2021, 03:34 PM)texsec Wrote: I do not have tuition assistance or reimbursement, but I can afford to pay whatever is necessary as I'm in a good financial situation. For me it's about quickest path forward.

Since you already have an IT associate's degree with some high-level certifications, it may not make sense to go for a Bachelor's in IT.

The UMPI BA in Business Admin – Management & Leadership would be both the cheapest and fastest way to go.

Git-R-Done 6 Month UMPI Plan
1st-2nd Month Sophia
3rd Month Instantcert 
4th Month Study.com
5-6th Month UMPI Term  (It could take 2 or more terms to do all courses depending on time u put into it)

* This is based on working at least 20hr a week on your studies which is possible with a full-time job.

(The first lesson each course is free and they allow you to see the entire course via pdf downloads)

Then when you have your degree plan set up, pay the membership fee, then start your courses.

I'm leaning toward this direction, but I'm not sure how my current credits align and exactly which courses I need to take on Sophia. I'm looking through a degree plan someone posted on here atm to try to figure that out.

Also, I ready somewhere they may no longer accept Sophia credits soon, which concerns me a bit.

(07-23-2021, 04:13 PM)ss20ts Wrote: How long ago are the credits from ITT? Many schools don't accept IT/CS credits after 5 years.

Definitely more than 5 years ago, but I have Purdue and WGU reviewing and should hear back Monday. They didn't seem to indicate it would be an issue.
[-] The following 1 user Likes texsec's post:
  • ss20ts
UMPI definitely still accepts Sophia credits if you're looking at one of their business degrees.
You may want to get a degree locally or from your state as first choices, so here are a few examples you may investigate further.  These examples are all "competency based education degrees" and you pay a set number of terms to finish the degree from them... The faster you finish, the cheaper it becomes, if you don't like CBE, you may want to check out the Big 3 and get a BSGS (COSC), BSLA (Excelsior), or BALS (TESU).

1) TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Each term of 7 weeks is just $750 for Texas Residents, this is a steal compared to non-residents. You should take a look at their transfer credit options. Link: https://new.tamuc.edu/programs/organizat...baas-orgl/

2) South Texas College has several CBE programs that are affordable for in district it's $850 and out of district it's $910.  
For out of state, it's roughly $1500 for a 7 week term - I wonder if international students are charged this rate fee.
List of Fees/Tuition: https://catalog.southtexascollege.edu/tuition-fees/
List of Programs: https://www.southtexascollege.edu/academics/cbe/

Bachelor of Applied Technology in Computer and Information Technologies
Bachelor of Applied Technology in Medical and Health Services Management
Bachelor of Applied Science in Organizational Leadership
Bachelor of Applied Technology in Technology Management

3) WGU Texas / UMPI YourPace Programs - transfer in 90 credits and finish in 2-3 terms for cheap!  https://online.umpi.edu/programs/programs.aspx
4) Purdue Global or Walden Temp Learning - transfer in 90 credits and finish in 2-3 terms for cheap!  https://www.waldenu.edu/why-walden/flexibility
5) (NOT CBE) Bachelors of Applied Arts & Sciences from the University of North Texas - https://www.coursera.org/degrees/unt-onl...completion

Remember to take a look at Charter Oak State College, Excelsior College, Thomas Edison State University as you only need 2 courses from them and can transfer everything else in.  These are the only truly test-out-able degree providers where you can transfer in 113/114 credits.  They are a good option if you're not into CBE and don't want to "rush yourself".

I would recommend a few options: 1) Undergrad from one of the Texas schools above and a WGU graduate degree
2) A one and done combo, such as taking an undergrad and a graduate program combo at WGU Texas
3) A mix of a CBE or a Big 3 undergrad and a WGU Texas graduate program

Note: Instead of a "local" MBA program, I recommend WGU Texas ACBSP accredited MSML and/or MBA for the ROI/Value
You can search https://acbspsearch.org for Texas and see many schools that are ACBSP, but none as great of ROI/Value
South Texas College Reference: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...as-College
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(07-23-2021, 11:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You may want to get a degree locally or from your state as first choices, so here are a few examples you may investigate further.  These examples are all "competency based education degrees" and you pay a set number of terms to finish the degree from them... The faster you finish, the cheaper it becomes, if you don't like CBE, you may want to check out the Big 3 and get a BSGS (COSC), BSLA (Excelsior), or BALS (TESU).

1) TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Each term of 7 weeks is just $750 for Texas Residents, this is a steal compared to non-residents. You should take a look at their transfer credit options. Link: https://new.tamuc.edu/programs/organizat...baas-orgl/

2) South Texas College has several CBE programs that are affordable for in district it's $850 and out of district it's $910.  
For out of state, it's roughly $1500 for a 7 week term - I wonder if international students are charged this rate fee.
List of Fees/Tuition: https://catalog.southtexascollege.edu/tuition-fees/
List of Programs: https://www.southtexascollege.edu/academics/cbe/

Bachelor of Applied Technology in Computer and Information Technologies
Bachelor of Applied Technology in Medical and Health Services Management
Bachelor of Applied Science in Organizational Leadership
Bachelor of Applied Technology in Technology Management

3) WGU Texas / UMPI YourPace Programs - transfer in 90 credits and finish in 2-3 terms for cheap!  https://online.umpi.edu/programs/programs.aspx
4) Purdue Global or Walden Temp Learning - transfer in 90 credits and finish in 2-3 terms for cheap!  https://www.waldenu.edu/why-walden/flexibility
5) (NOT CBE) Bachelors of Applied Arts & Sciences from the University of North Texas - https://www.coursera.org/degrees/unt-onl...completion

Remember to take a look at Charter Oak State College, Excelsior College, Thomas Edison State University as you only need 2 courses from them and can transfer everything else in.  These are the only truly test-out-able degree providers where you can transfer in 113/114 credits.  They are a good option if you're not into CBE and don't want to "rush yourself".

I would recommend a few options: 1) Undergrad from one of the Texas schools above and a WGU graduate degree
2) A one and done combo, such as taking an undergrad and a graduate program combo  at WGU Texas
3) A mix of a CBE or a Big 3 undergrad and a WGU Texas graduate program

Note: Instead of a "local" MBA program, I recommend WGU Texas ACBSP accredited MSML and/or MBA for the ROI/Value
You can search https://acbspsearch.org for Texas and see many schools that are ACBSP, but none as great of ROI/Value
South Texas College Reference: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...as-College

Wow A&M Commerce looks like a great local option! Any idea if they take Sophia or other Ace credits? I’ll reach out to admissions on Monday either way. Thanks!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,308 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 379 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 885 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I finished my degree but still need 26 credits to graduate??? jesssem 8 596 02-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Good amount of credits, what to do next? khon 2 342 01-23-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 414 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 254 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  A lot of credits trying to get a quick degree! Aehsahs 3 584 01-04-2024, 05:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  European seeking advice for a tech degree to study a master's in Europe unfinesredondo 5 711 01-04-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,767 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12