Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Else Finding Ordering A Dantes Test A Pain ?
A word to the wise, I goofed up and decided to take another Dantes course at the last minute and now Iam waiting for the University of Texas at Arlington to order the exam and they say it will take upwards of two weeks to get the test in.Sad There's another reason to like Clep tests better. Not only waiting for the test to come in , but then for the score to get reported two and a half weeks following taking the test.
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!
RBOWMAN Wrote:A word to the wise, I goofed up and decided to take another Dantes course at the last minute and now Iam waiting for the University of Texas at Arlington to order the exam and they say it will take upwards of two weeks to get the test in.Sad There's another reason to like Clep tests better. Not only waiting for the test to come in , but then for the score to get reported two and a half weeks following taking the test.

Very few test centers actually keep a stock of exams in-house. They must request that DANTES mail the exam to them. This usually take 1-2 weeks.

At that point you can then schedule your exam.

Once an ordered exam has arrived at the test center, you have up to 90 days to actually take the exam before the test center must return it to DANTES unopened.

Lately, I have been ordering my next three exams at one time. This ensures that the exams are already waiting for me at the test center whenever I am ready to take the exam (any time in the next six weeks once they have arrived).

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Yeah, I think the system they're using leaves a lot to be desired. The college I'm taking mine at is the only college offering the tests within about 200 miles, and they only offer them once a month. :-P But, I only needed four, so it's not so bad.
I'm an engineer. Go figure.
I knew they had to order,but when I decided to make a last minute change..poof...there where my planned out degree finishing plan.:confused:
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!
RBOWMAN Wrote:A word to the wise, I goofed up and decided to take another Dantes course at the last minute and now Iam waiting for the University of Texas at Arlington to order the exam and they say it will take upwards of two weeks to get the test in.Sad There's another reason to like Clep tests better. Not only waiting for the test to come in , but then for the score to get reported two and a half weeks following taking the test.

[SIZE="2"]Both the wait before the exam arrives and the results waiting game after you take the exam is to say the least frustrating.[/SIZE] :mad:
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

I take my Dantes at the nearest Military base and I've never had a problem. I do hate waiting for my score though.

In Arlington, WA where I live there is only one place that does CLEP's and only on the 1st and 3rd Sat. of the month. If they're already giving that CLEP, you have to wait for an opening; the next 1st or 3rd of the month. I've never known anyone here to take 2 exams in one day. Very impressive!
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
Beckysharp wrote:
Quote:I take my Dantes at the nearest Military base and I've never had a problem

Can anyone take Dantes at a nearby Military base or do you have to be active Military?
It would seem unlikely that they would allow civilians to test on base what with the current woes of the world. I looked around and the closest testing site I could find was 85 miles away, so that's my test site. It sure is alot easier on the Clep tests where I can call in the morning ,test in the afternoon and only drive 50 miles each way.
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.

fondue Wrote:Beckysharp wrote: Can anyone take Dantes at a nearby Military base or do you have to be active Military?

I took two at Fort Campbell last month. It's a military base and I'm a civilian. I would have drove onto the base and had no problem except that I couldn't find my stupid registration for my car. So I parked at a nearby business and walked on base with a day pass. All I had to do was show them my ID (I used my passport).

The thing I'll note is that they said at this base that they might be discontinuing allowing civilians to take tests on base after this month. I don't know why or if that's only at Fort Campbell, but them mentioning that did motivate me to take two when I went (18 days ago--still no results :-P).

Other than the long drive (3+ hours from home) and the wait I'm enduring now, it wasn't bad at all. There was no administration fee, they had all of the tests onsite, so I could pick from any without preregistering, and the ladies were really nice about it all.
I'm an engineer. Go figure.
I believe bases do offer the exams to civilians. Unfortunately the nearest base to me closed over 10 years ago. There are several military test sites (in fact, I used to work in the same building as one), but these do not administer tests to civilians. Sad
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Injury to tailbone leads to finding of... bjcheung77 0 145 03-22-2024, 01:59 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 197 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 503 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 298 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,582 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 950 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 863 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 791 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Help finding a thread (or info) on FAFS reconsideration based on lower 2020 income studyingfortests 2 627 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 487 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM