Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Graduate from TESC yesterday?
Oh, how I wish! Congratulations!!! Does it feel as good as you thought it would?

I applied for March graduation. I'm afraid that I won't get my grades in before the end of December. I have four DSST transcripts still hanging out there and I'm waiting for my grade in Business Policy. I can't use the CFP trademark until I graduate. The idea of having to wait until June is really turning me into a Scrooge!

I am so, so happy for you!!!
I Did!!! AAS Environmental Safety & Security Technologies Also!!!

Storyteller Wrote:WooHoo!!!!
Hey, I graduated from TESC yesterday with a BA in History and AAS Environmental Safety & Security Technologies.
Yay, me.
Any other December TESC graduates out there?
AAS Environmental Safety and Securities Technologies Dec-2011
Working on BA Intellegence Studies Counterterrorism at AMU!
Aleks: Beginners Algebra 72%, College Algebra 83%, Intermediate Algebra 88%, Pre-Calculus 75%, Business Stats 73%
FEMA: 51 Completed
ACE Credits: 18
Military AARTS: 18
24 UoP Credits: GEN200, IT105, COM120, COMM215, HIS145, SCI100, MATH208, MATH209,
DSST-Here's to Your Health--423 (PASS) AUG 15, 2011
DSST Technical Writing--49 (PASS) SEP 01, 2011
StraighterLine: Economics I Macroeconomics 89.7% Economics II Microeconomics 90.2%, Intro to Biology with lab 90.6%, Western Civ I 77.5%,
US History I 82% All Done!
Congratulations, RugbyMan187. I knew there were others who had graduated. Yay, for us.
Krisb...Thanks for the congrats. Don't fret though, the times will pass quickly. And just think, you'll have a degree, which is super cool!
Hey Kris,
I had the same problem. Called them and told them its been a while, they said they put me at the top of the list and bam!, that Friday everything was good to go.

Krisboelte1 Wrote:Oh, how I wish! Congratulations!!! Does it feel as good as you thought it would?

I applied for March graduation. I'm afraid that I won't get my grades in before the end of December. I have four DSST transcripts still hanging out there and I'm waiting for my grade in Business Policy. I can't use the CFP trademark until I graduate. The idea of having to wait until June is really turning me into a Scrooge!

I am so, so happy for you!!!
AAS Environmental Safety and Securities Technologies Dec-2011
Working on BA Intellegence Studies Counterterrorism at AMU!
Aleks: Beginners Algebra 72%, College Algebra 83%, Intermediate Algebra 88%, Pre-Calculus 75%, Business Stats 73%
FEMA: 51 Completed
ACE Credits: 18
Military AARTS: 18
24 UoP Credits: GEN200, IT105, COM120, COMM215, HIS145, SCI100, MATH208, MATH209,
DSST-Here's to Your Health--423 (PASS) AUG 15, 2011
DSST Technical Writing--49 (PASS) SEP 01, 2011
StraighterLine: Economics I Macroeconomics 89.7% Economics II Microeconomics 90.2%, Intro to Biology with lab 90.6%, Western Civ I 77.5%,
US History I 82% All Done!
I might be in the same boat as well. I gave my last test today. I was going back and forth with TESC on classifying a Physics course as a UL course and after a couple of weeks, they turned back and said no can do. It almost felt like a setup denying the request so close to the holidays. I guess I studied extra hard in spite :-) for the last couple of days and gave the Env/Hum test today and cleared it. The problem is that the transcripts would take 2-3 weeks to work its way through the process. I also have 3 TESC OL courses (401, 301, 201) that the professors have not 'posted' the grades yet and it seems are not required to do so till Jan 3rd. They have posted it on the Blackboard site so not sure why it is not showing up in the academic evaluation form. Sometimes I just dont know what background processes are going on..

While returning back from the test center, I called TESC and they told me to submit the form for graduation irrespective. I am assuming tha they will just wait till they get the transcript etc, but not sure. The bigger problem is that I wanted to send my trancripts to a coouple of colleges ASAP. Without these credits and the grades/GPA, I am not sure whether I should.
rmshr3,

Although an advisor may have thought the physics course might be seen as an UL, in my experience those who actually complete the review do a very good job evaluating courses. Sometimes people hear physics and automatically think upper level. The course you took must not have met the upper level requirements. Glad you could quickly find a substitution.

Grades posting on the blackboard is not the same as officially posting to the college. Mentors have until the 4th (or so I was told) to submit final grade to the school. As I'm sure you know because you've taken college courses elsewhere, this is actually a good thing. You get your grade quickly (in most cases) and the mentors have time to review all students grades and if grading on a curve have the ability to alter the final grade prior to final submission. For example, you might receive a final grade of A- on your blackboard grades page, but have an A post to your evaluation.
rmshr3,
Go ahead and submit your request for graduation; then email the registrar and tell them to expect your grades. I missed the grad deadline by one day and was instructed by them to submit the request anyway (with grad fee) despite my grade/score not yet being posted. My experience has been very positive with TESC - there was no extra fee for submitting after the deadline and I graduated in December as I hoped.
Good luck!
Congrats all!!! Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
bricabrac Wrote:Dblhelx, Ryoder and Sanantone,

Wishing you all the best in both your academic and professional goals!!

Congratulations and Warm Regards to all December 2011 Graduates!!! :hurray:

Thank you.

Storyteller Wrote:Congratulations, sanatone!
And all those interviews - how exciting!!!
I think it was you, who, back in October, wondered who was graduating from TESC in December.
That's what made me start this thread.
Yay, us!!!!

Thank you and good luck.

Good luck to everyone who just graduated.
My brother (19) graduated from TESC yesterday too with a BA in History! He did the whole college run in 7 months, a lot of the time taking 3-4 exams a week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,947 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,676 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  What will be the cost to graduate? sarahrahul 2 1,196 05-17-2018, 12:50 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  When can i actually Graduate? sarahrahul 2 1,124 05-16-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: sarahrahul
  TESU / COSC graduate credit perriquit 1 804 03-13-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Letter of intent to graduate the same as the certification email? Chef945 4 1,602 02-18-2018, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Chef945
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,460 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,207 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Can you graduate with an AA and BA from TESU at the same time? kevinmane 8 1,788 01-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,997 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore