Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anyone for some pork????
You guys are trying to pull me out of retirement, aren't you? Are you all kidding me? Conservatives got us into this mess. What newspapers are you reading anyway? Do you watch the news? Where are you all getting these wild ideas from? I can't believe what I see here. I'm hoping the Republican party sort of disintegrates, I sorta like what I'm seeing and then I read this and realize there may be some life left in ya's. Trust me, if Palin is your leader, you need a new party. She is a joke, plain and simple. Now I have to go to work tonight knowing that the conservative underground is alive and well, almost. Have faith in Prez Obama, the last clown was an American disgrace. Really, do you guys really believe this junk your writing? This country needed change, there was NO doubt about that. This president deserves the chance to turn the country around, it was spiraling out of control in case you hadn't noticed. We lost respect around the world, the rich got much wealthier while the clown was president, the middle class is falling backward. What meds are you guys on???????
Gary Wrote:You guys are trying to pull me out of retirement, aren't you? Are you all kidding me? Conservatives got us into this mess. What newspapers are you reading anyway? Do you watch the news? Where are you all getting these wild ideas from? I can't believe what I see here. I'm hoping the Republican party sort of disintegrates, I sorta like what I'm seeing and then I read this and realize there may be some life left in ya's. Trust me, if Palin is your leader, you need a new party. She is a joke, plain and simple. Now I have to go to work tonight knowing that the conservative underground is alive and well, almost. Have faith in Prez Obama, the last clown was an American disgrace. Really, do you guys really believe this junk your writing? This country needed change, there was NO doubt about that. This president deserves the chance to turn the country around, it was spiraling out of control in case you hadn't noticed. We lost respect around the world, the rich got much wealthier while the clown was president, the middle class is falling backward. What meds are you guys on???????

No offense Gary, I'm on Tylenol and sometimes aspirin, and they are not wild ideas, they are facts. I do agree we should give Prez Obama a chance, but why do you go to great lengths to disrespect our old president. Did he not keep this country safe since 9/11? We needed someone with nuts to keep us from getting stepped on. What did Clinton do when they offered him Osama? Nothing. If you mentioned the conservative underground, then you must be a Sean Hannity listener. You should hear it more often to get facts, you never know, you might get Hannitized.
Conservatives didn't get us into any mess, it was Republicans trying to be bipartisan with Dems. Remember that in the Clinton days, the banks were forced by Dems to give risky loans to people that couldn't pay them so everyone had the opportunity to own a home. The Reps in the past administration were responsible for a lot, but the Dems were right there with them. The problem is that the news you are watching is no news at all. All the news networks can't be news if they are liberal and one sided.
The problem that people have with Sarah Palin is that she is a successful woman that is not a millionair and she's a conservative. I didn't hear the anti-sexist groups, ACLU, etc stand up and defend her when she was being disrespected and degraded. I thought they were for all American citizens and not just liberals. If Sara Palin is a joke, then I guess you think it is ok for Dems not to pay taxes, unless they get selected for office. How can Sarah be a joke when she stands for the three things this country was founded on.

Conservative values:
-Life
-Liberty
-Pursuit of happiness,

Liberals values:
-Abortion - nonlife (this is an oxymoron because they don't want the death penalty but support abortion)
-No liberty, want to tell and restrict everyone else with what they can and can't do, except for them. (tax carbon footprints-something a liberal would think of) What is that? Want to tax farmers because their cows produce methane/fart. (stupidest thing I ever heard of)
-Name me a happy Dem or liberal. They are still mad even though they won.

There is no issue with Dems raising taxes on us because they don't pay taxes. It is apparent with the people that were selected recently for cabinet positions, and one of them is going to run the IRS. But I guess it was an "honest" mistake. Remember how they (liberals and the liberal media) hammered Joe the Plumber for $1200 in taxes he didn't pay. These guys got a pass compared to him. But I guess it's ok. It was an honest mistake.

This is all in good fun by the way. I don't mean to pi$$ anyone off. Big Grin
Now I'm off to buy me a Springfield XD(m) 40.cal before that gets banned also.
Did you know our President was named the #1 gun salesman of the year.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Quote:Conservatives got us into this mess. What newspapers are you reading anyway? Do you watch the news? Where are you all getting these wild ideas from? I can't believe what I see here.

First and foremost I'm and independent voter that voted for Obama.

Gary, you obviously only read Philadelphia news or watch CNN, broaden your horizons with the Rueters, BBC, MSNBC and FOX. The Democratic controlled house and senate allowed us to spiral into the abyss over the last 4 years. They knew Bush was a knucklehead so they wouldn't listen. They rejected regulation on fanny and freddy, ignored warnings of impending financial crisis and forced pork into everything the Conservatives tried to pass. When I say conservatives, I mean the common sense conservatives, not the religious fanaticals Republicans.

Yes the Republicans need to clean house, but what about the Democrats, three of Obama's nominees have withdrawn over taxes problems. I would suggest that Obama knew they were corrupt and this was his way of making the guilty go away. Good lord, why can't our elected officials pay their taxes?
[SIZE="1"]
Pass/Fail Record 15-1-done

Last 4 Exams
DSST Technical Writting (Nov 2006)
ECE English (Oct 2006)
DSST Public Speaking pending (Sep 2006)
DSST Principles of Statistics (Aug 2006)

Upcoming Exams
How to be like Gary...
[/SIZE]
fondue Wrote:First and foremost I'm and independent voter that voted for Obama.

Gary, you obviously only read Philadelphia news or watch CNN, broaden your horizons with the Rueters, BBC, MSNBC and FOX. The Democratic controlled house and senate allowed us to spiral into the abyss over the last 4 years. They knew Bush was a knucklehead so they wouldn't listen. They rejected regulation on fanny and freddy, ignored warnings of impending financial crisis and forced pork into everything the Conservatives tried to pass. When I say conservatives, I mean the common sense conservatives, not the religious fanaticals Republicans.

Yes the Republicans need to clean house, but what about the Democrats, three of Obama's nominees have withdrawn over taxes problems. I would suggest that Obama knew they were corrupt and this was his way of making the guilty go away. Good lord, why can't our elected officials pay their taxes?

I second this wise observation. Although, I would stay away from MSNBC as well, as they have stated publicly that they lean liberal and have been rated dead last as a news network. I would stick to the others since they deal in facts only.

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Gary Wrote:You guys are trying to pull me out of retirement, aren't you? Are you all kidding me? Conservatives got us into this mess. What newspapers are you reading anyway? Do you watch the news? Where are you all getting these wild ideas from? I can't believe what I see here. I'm hoping the Republican party sort of disintegrates, I sorta like what I'm seeing and then I read this and realize there may be some life left in ya's. Trust me, if Palin is your leader, you need a new party. She is a joke, plain and simple. Now I have to go to work tonight knowing that the conservative underground is alive and well, almost. Have faith in Prez Obama, the last clown was an American disgrace. Really, do you guys really believe this junk your writing? This country needed change, there was NO doubt about that. This president deserves the chance to turn the country around, it was spiraling out of control in case you hadn't noticed. We lost respect around the world, the rich got much wealthier while the clown was president, the middle class is falling backward. What meds are you guys on???????

That "clown" was the President of the United States. Have some respect. That "clown" kept the terrorists out of our country for 8 years. Those terrorists were invited in by Clinton's soft international policies. President Obama is already starting to roll back some of the safeguards that have kept us safe. Tough times require tough policies. The dems in power are largely responsible for the economic woes, do your research. Barney Frank is a disgrace, his fingerprints are all over the Fannie/Freddie fall from grace and he has the audacity to blame Bush. He not only doesn't take responsibility for his mistakes but he aggressively blames others for what he has done. Open your eyes. Big government is where successful governments go to die. It is absurdly ignorant to blame one man for the state of our economy. The mainstream media should have been paid big bucks for being a marketing vehicle for candidate Obama. This so called stimulus bill is a spending bill. The dems are sliding in all kinds of spending they have wanted for years and pulling the wool over Americans' eyes, who won't take the time to think for themselves. Yeah we might need change but this isn't change, it's more of the same with no checks and balances. I can not believe that people are so gullible. President Obama talks a good game and unfortunately people are falling for his lines without discernment. That gives him way too much power. I find this very sad and very scary.

cate
BS (UMUC) in 2010, 30+ years in the making!!

Intro to Computing 63
Astronomy 63
Technical Writing 62
Principles of Mgt 71
Principles of Marketing 68
Substance Abuse 467
College Math 56
Principles of Finance 425
Principles of Statistics 458

Exams: ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

GRADUATION--UMUC--MAY 15, 2010 (unbelievable)
clep101 Wrote:I second this wise observation. Although, I would stay away from MSNBC as well, as they have stated publicly that they lean liberal and have been rated dead last as a news network. I would stick to the others since they deal in facts only.

Sorry about the last post I got inturupted while writing it and didn't see the new posts.
I agree somewhat, although my limited experience with news networks is they often seem to be fairly byased. As far as the "religious fanatical" rebublicans and the democrates, they both definatly need to clean house
and stop playing party politics stop all this silly pork and unesesary surplus spending, start speneding tax payer money where it will realy make a difference in the ecconomey, cut government sallarys (namely thier own), cut tax, and get the ecconomy back in shape!!!
and on the side stop legeslating away the rights of free americans(ie.freedom of speach{I'm sick and tired of all this "hate speach stuff" It's like ledgeslating against kids calling eachother names on the play ground, thiers nothing paticularly wrong with saing someone can't talk degradingly about someone else, besides that it's not the governments place to tell any one what to say: think about the implications of that}, right to bare arms, ect. that this country was built on...wouldn't that just be the day!!!

Take a good look at the Quotes at the botom of the page!

As a side note Gary not trying to be offencive or anthing of the sort, but I realy find a comical & enjoyable quality in reading your posts, No statistics, no documentation, no suport of any kind realy, but cuting language to all oposition and an enthusiastic applause for those who state your opinion (in general that is), but I realy seriosly do enjoy reading them!!! (and even without backup you do get your point across and I understand where your coming from [I think your opinions represent a portion of the disgruntled "liberal"{for lack of a beter word to represent your position} americans]) :o
P.S. And you don't need to inconvenince yourself by comeing out of retirement, It will do if you'll just be kind enough to drop us a line now and then,(and please if you don't mind try to give us some sort of data to back up your views, and I'll be happy to way it in my conclusions)
Thanks!!! Smile
Quotes:
We Learn from History that we do not Learn from History.

"It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry."
*Albert Einstein*

A Democrecy lasts until it's people discover that they can vonte themselves money.

College/Degree:
Buisness Management

Tests taken:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 69
Principles of Macroeconomics 49
Principles of Microeconomics 58
Principles of Marketing 65
Principles of Macroeconomics 58
English Composition 47
College Mathematics 65
Western Civilization I: (Ancient Near East to 1648) 57
Biology 66
Let's play nice kids and keep the firearms info out of the discussions.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:Let's play nice kids and keep the firearms info out of the discussions.

All right that’s probably a good idea as it’s not the topic of discussion here.
Let's Keep on topic! Wink
Quotes:
We Learn from History that we do not Learn from History.

"It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry."
*Albert Einstein*

A Democrecy lasts until it's people discover that they can vonte themselves money.

College/Degree:
Buisness Management

Tests taken:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 69
Principles of Macroeconomics 49
Principles of Microeconomics 58
Principles of Marketing 65
Principles of Macroeconomics 58
English Composition 47
College Mathematics 65
Western Civilization I: (Ancient Near East to 1648) 57
Biology 66
As a side note Gary not trying to be offencive or anthing of the sort, but I realy find a comical & enjoyable quality in reading your posts, No statistics, no documentation, no suport of any kind realy, but cuting language to all oposition and an enthusiastic applause for those who state your opinion (in general that is), but I realy seriosly do enjoy reading them!!! (and even without backup you do get your point across and I understand where your coming from [I think your opinions represent a portion of the disgruntled "liberal"{for lack of a beter word to represent your position} americans]) :o
P.S. And you don't need to inconvenince yourself by comeing out of retirement, It will do if you'll just be kind enough to drop us a line now and then,(and please if you don't mind try to give us some sort of data to back up your views, and I'll be happy to way it in my conclusions)
Thanks!!! Smile[/QUOTE]
I'll start w/the comment about the stats, etc. I am well aware of what you say there. I have given hard facts in places if you really looked. I read the newspaper, listen to news, all news, and stay well informed. I can sit here and blab facts constantly and put whatever spin I want on it, there is nothing difficult about that. We can go back and forth with our own facts. It will not matter to you all. Your minds are made up. So consider me ignorant if I don't impress you w/s "so called" facts. The spin doctors will surgically repair them. As for me, I am an Independent. Personally, I am sick of the Democrats as well. Take a look at my previous post concerning NJ and look at those facts. If you think just because he was prez, Bush gets a free pass, your frickin nuts. You can't put stats on how many future terrorists we have created. We marched into a country, took it over because of WMD, no.......... Saddam was a threat, no...............spread democracy, no..........oil??????? What reason was it? It was a flexible answer. We go to war based on info the president gives the american public, which turns out to be skewed. Then Bush and the biggest jerk of all, Chaney, run the counter. On top of that they try to use the line, Well, you were all in support of it. Hell yeah, based on flawed info. If they ever could substantiate those claims, I would have supported the mission. Of course, your staunch conservatives will say WMD were taken out the back door and through the basement. They had them. RIGHT! The next generation will more than likely feel the wrath from the kids who wrongly lost family members in this fiasco. W/no future, rather than look at this from an american perspective, broaden your horizons, if possible, and envision possible future scenarios, where these kids get their revenge! We haven't even mentioned how this action has strengthened Iran. You want to think I'm a Dove, fine with me. I firmly believe we should be in Afghanistan, and we have years of unfinished business there. They killed our citizens, and they should pay! As long as the Taliban exists as it does, we are enormously threatened. Back to Iran, in case you weren't aware (sorry, no "facts"), their younger generation were slowly becoming more accepting of western ways and questioning the fanaticals there. What we did is stirred the pot. One thing was for certain, Saddam was a threat to Iran and kept them in check. We erred, and we erred BIG. If you don't think I don't watch the news and feel terrible for the vets who are coming back home dead or wounded, you are dead wrong. They are moms, dads, sons, daughters, I feel terrible for them. The pain and suffering must be unbearable for them. All of us who have lost loved ones know that. Read the FEB issue of Penthouse about Marine Seargent Peralta entitled A Hero Dishonored. How many damn times does this crap happen. This is how we treat the returning vets. It is a total disgrace. Regardless of whether they took the oath or not, this government has rresponsibilities as well, and they are not holding up their end of the bargain. Once broken, it is up to you to fix yourself. The young make the ultimate sacrifice, and the politicians carry on like nothing is happening, increasing their wealth. Republicans and Democrats alike. Bush and his crew can go to hell! As far the Dems, I feel the same way towards many of them. How is it you can fail to pay taxes to the extent they did, and serve the positions they do, I am at a loss of words......No I'm not, BS! Here's a stat, the top 500 wealthiest doubled their worth the last 8 years, we know what administration that was. Continue to blindly support them, your mistake. Two last items. Sandra Palin. Come on, you can't be serious. Please tell me your not counting on her to lead you out of despair. She is a train wreck. She is unqualified man, take a good look. Seriously, it doesn't even have to be a good, close look. Just a passing glance. Get your chuckle and move on...and away. She's looking for a quick few mil now cause she knows, next time, the World will be on to her. By the way, I am not a Hillary supporter. I do support O'Bama. If there is one politician I am holding out hope for, it is him. If there is one that has an aura of honesty and integrity, it is him. Our time has come for an African-American president, and we couldn't have picked a better one , I am hoping. For all us white people that will say "Why does it have to be time for a black president, Why? Then you just don't get it. Personally, I'm sick and tired of looking at all the white bloods on the political stage. We need a new flavor. Oh, I don't follow Philly news, or Philly sports. They are as crooked over there as they are in NJ. I am Independent, I can think for myself, Thank you very much. Sorry, not many stats, just good ole usable, viable info. Take what you need, it's free.
Good comeback, that's why we love you Gary Big Grin
Now, can we all just get along? To calm the waters, I'm inviting whoever wants to come to my house for some real "Pork". I killed one on Fort Hood and it's ready for the grill. Sorry Shoto if this was a little off topic, but it is about Pork. hilarious

CLEPs Passed
DSSTs Passed