Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anyone for some pork????
I didn't think I was doing a research paper that justified footnotes and a bibliography. I thought I was responding to a self proclaimed well informed news reader. I'm willing to back up my statements with hard facts, are you willing to throw in a paragraph now and then? lol

Here's a 2004 cspan video montage of conservatives trying to save the world from the dabacle that exists today, warning looks alot like a GOP ad.
YouTube - Democrats Defend Fannie/Freddie from Regulation - 2004 Video
[SIZE="1"]
Pass/Fail Record 15-1-done

Last 4 Exams
DSST Technical Writting (Nov 2006)
ECE English (Oct 2006)
DSST Public Speaking pending (Sep 2006)
DSST Principles of Statistics (Aug 2006)

Upcoming Exams
How to be like Gary...
[/SIZE]
Gary Wrote:Republicans and Democrats alike. Bush and his crew can go to hell! As far the Dems, I feel the same way towards many of them. How is it you can fail to pay taxes to the extent they did, and serve the positions they do, I am at a loss of words...

Glad you're willing to spread the joy around. Rolleyes Both sides have indeed made significant errors. Too many republicans have gone over to the liberal side on things like the pork bills which are the main theme of this thread...I think.

Quote:Here's a stat, the top 500 wealthiest doubled their worth the last 8 years, we know what administration that was. Continue to blindly support them, your mistake.

Ah, yes, the "wealth is evil" argument. At least, that seems what looks like. But I would say your statistic would actually support the conclusion that the Bush administration was effective. When the top becomes able to do more with their assets, capitalism flourishes. Besides, much of the discrepancy is due to tax cuts. Why should these people pay proportionately more taxes just because they're richer?

Quote:Two last items. Sandra Palin. Come on, you can't be serious. Please tell me your not counting on her to lead you out of despair. She is a train wreck. She is unqualified man, take a good look. Seriously, it doesn't even have to be a good, close look. Just a passing glance. Get your chuckle and move on...and away. She's looking for a quick few mil now cause she knows, next time, the World will be on to her.

You seem only to display disgust for Sarah Palin, implying that we who believe she has great potential are ignorant and perhaps a touch crazy. Why? Why? The media is partly (perhaps mostly) responsible for the poor image of Palin during election season. John Zeigler has put together a documentary on this very subject. The site is www.HowObamaWasElected.com. There's some good stuff on there: I mainly direct your attention to the interview with Palin.

Quote:I do support O'Bama. If there is one politician I am holding out hope for, it is him. If there is one that has an aura of honesty and integrity, it is him.

That's why at least four of his cabinet picks have been involved in scandals, two of them even before he took office.

Quote:Our time has come for an African-American president, and we couldn't have picked a better one , I am hoping. For all us white people that will say "Why does it have to be time for a black president, Why? Then you just don't get it. Personally, I'm sick and tired of looking at all the white bloods on the political stage. We need a new flavor.

Racism? Wink
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
Yawn!........Scratch..........Mmmph.........Oh, here we go again. Do I have to read more "facts" Here, you want facts?
President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minuteThe Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies (Both Democrats)The Democratic Party is currently the largest political party in the United States with roughly over 72 million registered voters.[I]If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar[/I]Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet (2 m) away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear. Any cup-shaped object placed over the ear produces the same effect.I threw one math problem at you and a dental safety message....pay heed. The seashell factoid I'm sure has ruined all those little, silly thoughts in your head. Put this up there w/Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and Fairy Godmother. Now mosey along, don't you have chores to do? To those of you who are still clinging to "guns and religion", I can't play w/you. I actually don't blame you for purchasing a gun for protection or more if you hunt. If we take guns out of the good peoples hands, only the police and criminals will have them. That is a recipe for disaster. Now the religion issue, that's tricky. Add a dose of conservatism, confederacy, fanaticism, racism or any of those quirky thoughts that seem to pop up, you got yourself a redneck picnic. I gotta pass. Me, come through my door, and I gotta baseball bat waitin for ya. I don't take pitches, I swing at everything in/out of the strike zone, horizontally, vertically and diagonally. Catch me in my sleep, shame on me. Catch me awake, shame on you. If I didn't have my daughters in the house, I have to admit, I'd arm. "Osu"
Gary Wrote:Yawn!........Scratch..........Mmmph.........Oh, here we go again. Do I have to read more "facts" Here, you want facts?
President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minuteThe Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies (Both Democrats)The Democratic Party is currently the largest political party in the United States with roughly over 72 million registered voters.[I]If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar[/I]Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet (2 m) away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear. Any cup-shaped object placed over the ear produces the same effect.I threw one math problem at you and a dental safety message....pay heed. The seashell factoid I'm sure has ruined all those little, silly thoughts in your head. Put this up there w/Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and Fairy Godmother. Now mosey along, don't you have chores to do? To those of you who are still clinging to "guns and religion", I can't play w/you. I actually don't blame you for purchasing a gun for protection or more if you hunt. If we take guns out of the good peoples hands, only the police and criminals will have them. That is a recipe for disaster. Now the religion issue, that's tricky. Add a dose of conservatism, confederacy, fanaticism, racism or any of those quirky thoughts that seem to pop up, you got yourself a redneck picnic. I gotta pass. Me, come through my door, and I gotta baseball bat waitin for ya. I don't take pitches, I swing at everything in/out of the strike zone, horizontally, vertically and diagonally. Catch me in my sleep, shame on me. Catch me awake, shame on you. If I didn't have my daughters in the house, I have to admit, I'd arm. "Osu"

hilarious

I like it! Only one urban legend in the mix, the interstate system does not have 1 in every 5 miles straight. (snopes.com: Interstate Highways as Airstrips) How many ounces is your bat?
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
Farmerboy, I concede that round to you. While the intent of the design of the system was for national defense, that is legend. I have been humbled by a young man. 1-point, west side. As for the bat, it is aluminum Easton, 34", 28 ounce. It is my daughters until we have unwanted visitors. Then it becomes a part of them. I think my fists will protect me but a bat adds another dimension to the words private property. Just out of curiosity, does your religion allow the use of a bat upside the head of unwanteds?
Gary Wrote:As for the bat, it is aluminum Easton, 34", 28 ounce. It is my daughters until we have unwanted visitors. Then it becomes a part of them. I think my fists will protect me but a bat adds another dimension to the words private property. Just out of curiosity, does your religion allow the use of a bat upside the head of unwanteds?

After a deep and thoughtful consideration of my holy books I have determined that yes, a bat is legal but with two caveats. It must be regulation MLB size and also must not be made out of maple due to risk of shattering and hurting the assailant.

Farmerboy Wrote:After a deep and thoughtful consideration of my holy books I have determined that yes, a bat is legal but with two caveats. It must be regulation MLB size and also must not be made out of maple due to risk of shattering and hurting the assailant.
Is cork OK?
Hmmmm...I'll get back to you on that one.

Word of the day, FOCUS
[SIZE="1"]
Pass/Fail Record 15-1-done

Last 4 Exams
DSST Technical Writting (Nov 2006)
ECE English (Oct 2006)
DSST Public Speaking pending (Sep 2006)
DSST Principles of Statistics (Aug 2006)

Upcoming Exams
How to be like Gary...
[/SIZE]
fondue Wrote:Word of the day, FOCUS

Fondue, I thought that this was the OFF TOPIC section. Imagine how shocked I was when I found that this section actually had a subtopic that we were supposed to stay within. Wink
So, 'Any one for some pork?" sure I'd like some and so would all everyone else that’s not a Red, Vegetarian, or Vegan,
However pigs stink If you eat them you run the risk of getting trichinosis, or worse, and there bad for the environment as they kill all the innocent plants on the grounds that they're kept on, turning them into a swamp if theirs water or a dessert if theirs not. The only benefiters are the people that eat them, grow them, and advertise them (sounds like the lobbyists, congress, and the media to me) with this in mind who would like such a HORRID commodity?
Definitely not me! So to all those who would like to spend taxpayers money to profit themselves and their cronies I say BeWare! Cause the Elections coming up and we won't be duped again to go for promised gain to our selves at such a high cost!!! Thus the pork scam must end and all who would try in the future would be wise to learn from history! We would all be wise to learn from history!!!
Quotes:
We Learn from History that we do not Learn from History.

"It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry."
*Albert Einstein*

A Democrecy lasts until it's people discover that they can vonte themselves money.

College/Degree:
Buisness Management

Tests taken:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 69
Principles of Macroeconomics 49
Principles of Microeconomics 58
Principles of Marketing 65
Principles of Macroeconomics 58
English Composition 47
College Mathematics 65
Western Civilization I: (Ancient Near East to 1648) 57
Biology 66