Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application is in!
Awesome, congrats to the smart scientist and her Mom!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Just wow. Congrats and kudos. This is all good but it is a great deal of work, consideration and time for your family. You are all amazing.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
Honestly I don't know how she does it. This program is intense non stop. She's thrilled when they break for a week inbetween classes. She has 5 classes right now with labs n lectures. They all need to get some certification done this semester. She does work at her paid externship also with much edited hrs right now. My head spins around just thinking about it. But she's driven.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
alleycat Wrote:Here is a quick update on this thread I started. My daughter is already over the halfway make in her doctorate. It's been grueling to watch. But she's doing it. She also has been do a paid externship and they want to retain her full time upon graduation. Which is great because it's a start up company that is growing at an insane rate. She is also a student board member of this pharmacy board. Thru that she actually does speaking and presentations. Well she is being courted heavily from many different company because of this exposure. Which is great for her. She knows know she must finish her MBA so she can have every possible career advantage. So many scientist do not have the business knowledge and know how. This for all the people that have inquired about her progress. Thank you

I love that!! She's doing amazing!
I know your heart must be bursting with pride!! She has a very bright future ahead of her!
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
Ok here's the update! My daughter has finished her last class yesterday and has finals this week coming. She called me and said I can not believe my course work is done! It is done! Now she has 1 yr of rotations. Than she graduates and she gets to sit the boards after that. It's been grueling and ever so expensive. But the worst is behind her. Except for the boards of course! :ack:
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
alleycat Wrote:Ok here's the update! My daughter has finished her last class yesterday and has finals this week coming. She called me and said I can not believe my course work is done! It is done! Now she has 1 yr of rotations. Than she graduates and she gets to sit the boards after that. It's been grueling and ever so expensive. But the worst is behind her. Except for the boards of course! :ack:

Do you know how awesome you are for posting this follow up!!?? Congratulations to her, she's soooo close!!
Very cool, congratulations!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
She is very lucky to have a Mom that taught her the importance of hard work, striving to reach your goals, and a strong work ethic. These are all things not enough young people have these days.
I know you have worked very hard in supporting her through this, Kudos to both of you.cheersmate
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
She's doing amazing! Thanks for the updates!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Student Loan Forgiveness Application is Live ashkir 0 5,309 10-14-2022, 10:25 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Another job application question carebear_007 4 662 04-11-2022, 02:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  The Peace Corps' New Application Process Jonathan Whatley 2 782 07-17-2014, 07:06 AM
Last Post: alissaroot