Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying for an AA and BALS
I am now in the US but did my studies in Canada.  My degree isn't crossing over as it is a 3 year degree.  It is all UL no Gen Ed. I have done tons of analysis and I have every course I need at most schools except the Gen Ed requirements, cornerstone and capstone.  I never took US history, gov't, comp 1 and 2, ethics or a science/
lab.  All can be done at SL, SDC, Etc.

I would like to do some substitute teaching and require at least an AA (they won't accept my 3 year BA  or my  college degree from Quebec grrrr).  If I want both degrees do I apply to the big 3 for BA and then request an AA once I finish the Gen Ed?  I need my BA degree plan.  Or do I have have to apply for an AA and then get a new degree plan for a BA?  To make it worth while I will have to do the cornerstone ASAP to receive an AA by December, if not I will have a BA completed by next spring.   

Thanks!
Great question. My simple answer - Apply for the BA, email them to add the AA into your program list. Transfer all your courses in and see what's missing, find the equivalents to transfer the rest, then lastly, complete them from the ACE/NCCRS providers such as SL/Study.com...

If you need an associates promptly, you can graduate the AA in September and then pay another graduation fee for the BA. It'll be only 1 residency waiver fee if you know you can get the BA within the 1 year. The Gen Eds are cheap/easy/fast, you may be able to do the requirements and finish for March or June graduation 2020.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • DIGI-212
Thanks! Don't they all need a cornerstone? Can I do that quickly?
Tlm Wrote:Thanks! Don't they all need a cornerstone? Can I do that quickly?

Sorry, No, you can't. There's a fragment of my typing missing... as I think too quickly and type too slowly. It should have come out as: "you can graduate the AA in December, if you complete the cornerstone in September". Anyways, apply for the Cornerstone asap and get it completed by then (July, Aug, Sept).

As you mentioned, if you start the July Cornerstone ASAP, it'll be completed by September. You can graduate the AA in December... Using that same residency waiver, you can graduate the BA in March or June, depending on when you take the Capstone.

For graduation, apply for the AA graduation right after you get your Cornerstone course graded or before Oct 1st. For the BA, you can apply for the September Capstone and apply for BA graduation before Jan 1 for March graduation.

Update Note: If you are getting a pay raise or something, it'll be worth it to pay the extra graduation fee to get the AA faster. Otherwise, if it can wait, I would recommend saving that $332 and paying off everything when you get the BA.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for internships / jobs while doing Sophia courses Schlafen 2 816 03-31-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 778 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Does anyone regret their BALS? Nadiv10 3 678 09-21-2021, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  BALS degree at TSU LokiBear 2 842 02-19-2021, 08:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Getting started with BALS (Template Q&A) CiggyTardust 24 4,814 12-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BALS Criminal Justice concentration questions. Acaidian 6 1,502 10-07-2019, 07:03 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  BALS/BSLS Plan Help for a Newbie? HMohamed12 9 1,918 09-11-2019, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Tlm
  Bals how long to finish? SweetsugarNL 25 3,650 08-02-2019, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  BALS - Advice Needed. GaKim 15 2,522 04-22-2019, 01:07 PM
Last Post: GaKim
Star 2019 most recent BALS degree plan? christian511 4 1,964 02-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77