Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are study.com assignments necessary?
A course I'm completing has 100 points for quizzes, two papers worth 40 and 60 points, and a test for 100 points. Say for example I score 100 points on the quizzes and get a perfect 40 on the first paper, then a 90 on the exam, is it necessary to complete the 60 point assignment for real or could I submit a blank document as I am above the required 210 point minimum?

I'm not saying I'm trying to cheese my way through this credit, but I am already very familiar with the course material and could save myself a few hours from having to write a ten page paper that I don't/wouldn't need the points for.
As long as you get enough points, you don't have to complete every assignment. Some schools (COSC, UMass Global, etc.) do care about the actual grade. If you're attending one of these schools or you want to go to a graduate school with this policy, you may want to do all assignments.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP, origamishuttle, Pikachu
Someone posted before quote:

"For anyone wondering - Study.com did confirm back to me that SOMETHING needs to be sent in, even if it is a paper that says "I am not submitting an essay."

So it appears Study.com needs something, or they might get confused and think you submitted something by mistake. 

You could also try submitting 250 words that you write up in like 15-30 minutes and see how you score just for fun.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 5 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Arto, oh.golly.molly, origamishuttle, Pikachu, RachelB
They are needed, if you have a perfect score for both the quizzes and final exam, you still need to submit "something" for the assignments to get past that 70% or 210 points. I would at least try to get a passing assignment, in case you're a few % off on the quizzes and final exam.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
In the past, some people have reported that they could "finish" the course without submitting everything and others have reported that they had to at least submit something. Personally, for my last assignment I just typed up something quick and basic.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Do the assignments change from time to time?

I have not been subscribed to Study.com for 2 months, and I have passed 7 exams in courses that require assignments.

I copied the assignments so I could submit at least 2 or 3 when I renew the subscription, but maybe they could be different now.
Sometimes, they add assignments. But I haven't seen them change any.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MrPanda
That's right, it's best to always look at the provider and see if there are notifications of changes.  For example, Study.com has a page specifically for upcoming changes or modifications to their courses.  They have this for conforming to requirements, extending, renewing, or virtually updating courses to retain ACE recommendation for credit.  https://support.study.com/support/soluti...ng-courses
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Arto, MrPanda, Pikachu
Just confirming nothing has changed with SDC and the ability to submit a paper stating "I am not submitting an essay." Here are my current points for Acctg 302 ... I'd like to skip the 50 point Assignment 3 paper and move on. Everything else that has transferred from SDC to UMPI has simply come over as Pass, not a grade so I'm thinking I'm OK???? I'd love your feedback. Thanks a million!

99 Quizzes
23 Assignment 1
24 Assignment 2
84 Final

230 Total
210 needed to pass
[-] The following 2 users Like CHken92's post:
  • jch, oh.golly.molly
(02-22-2023, 09:23 PM)CHken92 Wrote: Just confirming nothing has changed with SDC and the ability to submit a paper stating "I am not submitting an essay." 

This worked for me with Computer Architecture as recently as October. I also included a bit more explanation that I understood I would receive a 0 for the assignment. However, in my case there was no response for almost two weeks, so I contacted customer service to ensure that someone was looking at it. I also explained the situation to them, and the final score came through the same day.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • Arto

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 462,931 Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 525 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 309 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 942 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,769 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 66 38,896 02-01-2024, 03:56 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 534 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 263 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 666 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM
  Study scholarships Carnation 2 340 12-31-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Carnation