Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art Institute > Penn Foster > TESU
I’ll hit you up with a second suggestion if BSPs and MBA is not up your list. Hodges UPower has a BS Digital Design and Graphics Degree, you can then ladder that to a Masters of Science in Visual Communications. Undergrad is $3K for 6 months, Grad is $3.5K for 6 months. If you want something different, BS CIT and ladder to MIS - Masters of Science Info Systems.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
That is interesting. I've had some difficulty finding something that is in my lane. Bachelor of Science in Digital Design and Graphics would be a better fit than the more tech heavy side. I'll check it out for sure. Thanks.
(01-02-2018, 01:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I’ll hit you up with a second suggestion if BSPs and MBA is not up your list.  Hodges UPower has a BS Digital Design and Graphics Degree, you can then ladder that to a Masters of Science in Visual Communications.  Undergrad is $3K for 6 months, Grad is $3.5K for 6 months.  If you want something different, BS CIT and ladder to MIS - Masters of Science Info Systems.

The only issue is whether they will take the NA credits.  If not, then you're starting from scratch, and Hodges might not be the best choice in that case.

But certainly call them and ask.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-01-2018, 06:35 PM)HAYDENTREE77 Wrote: If PF will take some of my credits, I in turn complete what is missing, completing an Associate's degree that are all ACE.

But why? You already have an NA associate's degree- you're going to do another one? If you want to take ACE course at PF, jsut take courses- you can send them to any of the big 3.

As someone with an NA associate's degree and almost 20 years in my field in 2006, I stood EXACTLY where you are. I get the frustrations, honestly I do, but trying to use your NA credit will make lead you down a rabbit hole.
Unless you want to choose one of the schools mentioned in this thread that will accept NA credit, it is a ZILLION times faster to start from scratch with the big 3. I did all 120 new credits in 18 months via TESU.
(01-02-2018, 09:53 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 06:35 PM)HAYDENTREE77 Wrote: If PF will take some of my credits, I in turn complete what is missing, completing an Associate's degree that are all ACE.

But why? You already have an NA associate's degree- you're going to do another one? If you want to take ACE course at PF, jsut take courses- you can send them to any of the big 3.

As someone with an NA associate's degree and almost 20 years in my field in 2006, I stood EXACTLY where you are. I get the frustrations, honestly I do, but trying to use your NA credit will make lead you down a rabbit hole.
Unless you want to choose one of the schools mentioned in this thread that will accept NA credit, it is a ZILLION times faster to start from scratch with the big 3. I did all 120 new credits in 18 months via TESU.
Right. I wouldn't go for another Associate's. Ideally my credits would transfer and I could proceed to getting my Bachelor's.

I'm not keen on repeating work I've already completed, but I may have no choice.

I prefer to learn things that are current and relevant to my career today. None of these programs would give me that.

I could be a Prof with what I know and do but I'm lacking paper.

(01-03-2018, 07:04 AM)HAYDENTREE77 Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 09:53 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Right. I wouldn't go for another Associate's. Ideally my credits would transfer and I could proceed to getting my Bachelor's.

I'm not keen on repeating work I've already completed, but I may have no choice.

I prefer to learn things that are current and relevant to my career today. None of these programs would give me that.

I could be a Prof with what I know and do but I'm lacking paper.

Coursera and Udemy has the most current courses for my field. Very few colleges are current when it comes to tech product design.
(01-03-2018, 07:04 AM)HAYDENTREE77 Wrote: Right. I wouldn't go for another Associate's. Ideally my credits would transfer and I could proceed to getting my Bachelor's.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I think you're still under the impression that doing anything with PF will let you transfer that work over to over to TESU?

Only a handful of PF courses are ACE approved, and those are the only PF courses that will transfer over to TESU. Anything else you do with PF, or any of your other NA credits you transfer to PF will not go on to be transferable to TESU.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Nah, it's been cleared up. Initially that's what I was asking and know that's not going to work so I considered just seeing what PF would take and complete the BA there or just either test out with TESU or Charter which would require me to start over.
Just for clarity, while SOME colleges do take a student with an associate's degree and award them perfect transfer, letting you start as a junior, the big 3 are not in that category.

All 3 will take each and every credit and individually include/exclude it based on their own criteria. There is no advantage of obtaining an associate degree when the goal is to earn a BA at any of the big 3. In fact, the credit distribution required to earn an associate degree at a different school will most certainly add time and money to the process.
(01-03-2018, 12:14 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Just for clarity, while SOME colleges do take a student with an associate's degree and award them perfect transfer, letting you start as a junior, the big 3 are not in that category.

All 3 will take each and every credit and individually include/exclude it based on their own criteria.  There is no advantage of obtaining an associate degree when the goal is to earn a BA at any of the big 3.  In fact, the credit distribution required to earn an associate degree at a different school will most certainly add time and money to the  process.

Indeed. I will see what PF will do. I already have an AA and certainly don't need another. Thanks for the input!
(01-02-2018, 04:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 01:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I’ll hit you up with a second suggestion if BSPs and MBA is not up your list.  Hodges UPower has a BS Digital Design and Graphics Degree, you can then ladder that to a Masters of Science in Visual Communications.  Undergrad is $3K for 6 months, Grad is $3.5K for 6 months.  If you want something different, BS CIT and ladder to MIS - Masters of Science Info Systems.

The only issue is whether they will take the NA credits.  If not, then you're starting from scratch, and Hodges might not be the best choice in that case.

But certainly call them and ask.

Makes complete sense. I'm having my transcripts sent to them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 582 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 424 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,094 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Arts Institute is no longer... And they all bite the dust... bjcheung77 1 356 10-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Christian Leaders Institute… Vle045 17 3,954 09-30-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Travis_CVUgrad
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,080 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,972 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,305 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123