Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attn: TESC Graduates. What did your TESC degree look like?
I just recently finished my Bachelor degree in Business Administration with a Concentration in Management. I have a couple of concerns with the degree. First the degree looks like I printed it off my computer. Its paper thin and doesn't look anything like my associates degree. Also it doesn't state my concentration. Anyone else had this same issue? I was extremely happy to finish my Bachelor degree but concerned with transcripts not stating my concentration.
I'm interested in this as well. Anyone care to respond?
TESC - BSBA - Computer Information Systems
S.H. Required – 120
S.H. Applied – 109.3
S.H. Remaining – 10.7

Transferred Credits
Winona St. University – 9.3
Kean College – 37
Chubb Institute – 16

TESC Taken
Eng Comp I (OL) – A
Eng Comp II (TECEP) – Pass
Bus. Law (OL) – A
Quant. Business Analysis (OL) – A
Business Letter & Report Writing I (PLA) - Pass
Int. to Photography (OL) - B+ :ack:
Statistics (OL) - A
Business in Soc. (PLA) - Pass
Database Mgmt (OL) - A
File Mgmt (PLA) - Pass

TESC Planned
Principles of Managerial Accounting (OL) – May '10
Business Policy (OL) – Jan '11

CLEP/DSST Exams
Principles of Marketing – 76
Principles of Management – Aug '10
Microeconomics - 63

Penn Foster
Structured Systems Analysis – July ‘08 - A
System Design - July '08 - A
Principles of Finance (OL) – June '10
I am interested in knowing about this also. I plan to have my degree no later than June of 2009!!!

Give me a glimpse into the future!!!!!!!!!!hilarious

From a loyal degree seeker,

Marshall
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
Enrolled in BA in Liberal Studies - 105/120 Completed

Associate in Science, Excelsior College
I graduated from TESC with my BSBA, Marketing, last month.

I'm quite happy with my diploma. It is identical to the one I received for my ASM four years ago and is also identical in quality to the diploma my son received this past May from his B & M university.

Your concentration will not appear on your diploma...it normally doesn't from most schools. Your transcript, however, will state your concentration.
[SIZE="6"]Pattie[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]CLEP:
[SIZE="1"]English Comp 101 & 102 - Analysis & Interpretation of Literature 130 & 131 - Intro to Marketing[/SIZE]
TECEP:
[SIZE="1"]Marketing Comm - PR Thought & Practice - Intro to News Reporting - Sales Management - Operations Management - Marketing Research - Business in Society[/SIZE]
DSST:
[SIZE="1"]Intro to Computers[/SIZE]
FEMA:
[SIZE="1"]12 FREE Credits![/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Associate of Science in Management, TESC - 9/17/04
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, TESC - 6/6/08

Smile
I able to find my concentration on my transcripts. It was in very small print on the second page of the transcripts. TESC reported that they don't write a concentration on the degree. I didn't know this but at least I am actually finished. Just be prepared when the degree doesn't quite look like other degrees from other colleges. I have two other degrees. One in Psychology and the other is a business administration. They are both associates degrees but look real and feel real. TESC is extremely thin and felt that they could at least print it on a thicker paper. I asked them about this and said not too many people keep the degree out but keep it framed. I guess it a matter of preference. Does anyone else feel this way? Does the quality of the paper matter to them? TESC stated that they used identical paper that other colleges use. Please post what you think. I really am thankful to graduate from TESC but wished two things were different. I wished the concentration was printed on the degree and that its was printed on a higher quality piece of paper.
wow that is a bummer. First the thread about EC having sub-par degrees, I figured TESC's would have to be better.

Is the major listed, just not the concentration?
My husband's and mother's degrees were both from B & M schools and their degrees were on "thinner" paper and didn't have their concentrations (or majors, for that matter) printed on their degrees. I've seen a picture of TESC's and it looks almost the same to their two degrees (one from Central Mich. Univ. and one from Michigan State Univ.). They both say "Bachelor of Business Administration" and "Bachelor of Science" without the major listed.
I'm done!
B.A. English, TESC, completed December 2008

Tests passed: A/I Lit-73, Mgmt-71, Amer Lit-73, Tech Writing-64, Criminal Justice-56, Here's to Your Health-65, Law Enforcement-60
TakingNotes Wrote:I just recently finished my Bachelor degree in Business Administration with a Concentration in Management. I have a couple of concerns with the degree. First the degree looks like I printed it off my computer. Its paper thin and doesn't look anything like my associates degree. Also it doesn't state my concentration. Anyone else had this same issue? I was extremely happy to finish my Bachelor degree but concerned with transcripts not stating my concentration.
>>

My TESC diploma looks a lot better than my first diploma- it's bigger and a little nicer font. My first diploma cost a lot more money though hilarious
In any case, once it's framed, it will look great. I'm waiting for my BA to arrive (already have my AA) and am planning on a double frame from a professional frame company. After dropping about $175 for a professional frame with nice matting, it will look darn spiffy LOL. You earned it- get a nice frame and display it proudly!!!!!!!

As for majors and concentrations- they are not printed on diplomas, they are on printed on your transcript. Thats the standard at any school. Maybe some private schools do it differently, but among my family, friends, and colleagues, I haven't ever seen major or concentration on the actual diploma. Your degree will say either "Bachelor of Arts" or "Bachelor of Science" or whatever your bachelor is....
Here is a link that displays a photo of the TESC Master's degree diploma...

http://www.framingsuccess.com/images/inv...MGAAXX.JPG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,155 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,621 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,942 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,938 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,305 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero