Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BABA Management & Leadership degree plan help needed please
Hello everyone, 
First time poster here. Thanks a million for the fantastic resources and discussion here. I am pursuing BABA Management & Leadership for August 29 start. I have looked at the degree plans here and need some help. I have completed the following Sophia courses so far:

1. Accounting
2. Art History I
3, Art History II
4. Business Law
5. Conflict Resolution
6. Developing Effective Teams
7. Environmental Science
8. Essentials of Managing Conflict
9. Intro to College Math
10. Introduction to Business
11. Introduction to Ethics
12. Introduction to Information Technology
13. Introduction to Sociology
14. Introduction to Web Development
15. Macroeconomics
16. Microeconomics
17. Principle of Finance
18. Project Management
19. U.S. History
20. U.S. History II
21. Visual Communications

I would like to max out on transfer credits: 90/120. I don't have any other credits from other sources.

What other courses do you recommend taking at Sophia or elsewhere. I am a little bit stuck at Sophia because touchstones are taking 5-10 days to evaluate and it looks like any remaining course I can take at Sophia will have a touchstone. Biology @ SDC, American Government @ IC have been recommended by other posters. Is there anything else you can recommend to get to 90 credits?

Wiki degree plan says 'Whatever you want' for General Electives courses at Sophia, worth 23 credits. Is this accurate? Can I take any class?

I have still not sent in application to UMPI. Should I do it now or wait till I finish all credit transfer courses? Application deadline is August 9. 

Thank you
A
I would finish as much as possible, while still beating the deadline.

Biology WITH lab at SDC - and while you're at it, take American Government. The ICC course is no longer available.

If the rest of your courses will be used as Free (General) electives at UMPI, then yes, you can take just about anything from Sophia. You could also do other courses from other places; CLEP (free in conjunction with ModernStates); CSM Learn $39; ALEKS for math (College Algebra, Precalculus, and Intro to Statistics will make the most of the $20/mo price); ICC still has some other courses you can take (Managerial Accounting, Business Ethics, Principles of Marketing, Intro to Entrepreneurship, College Algebra, Astronomy); Google IT Support Professional and some others through Coursera for $39 (?)/mo; Saylor exams are just $5 each; etc.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • arrakis
(07-16-2022, 08:37 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would finish as much as possible, while still beating the deadline.

Biology WITH lab at SDC - and while you're at it, take American Government.  The ICC course is no longer available.

If the rest of your courses will be used as Free (General) electives at UMPI, then yes, you can take just about anything from Sophia.  You could also do other courses from other places; CLEP (free in conjunction with ModernStates); CSM Learn $39; ALEKS for math (College Algebra, Precalculus, and Intro to Statistics will make the most of the $20/mo price); ICC still has some other courses you can take (Managerial Accounting, Business Ethics, Principles of Marketing, Intro to Entrepreneurship, College Algebra, Astronomy); Google IT Support Professional and some others through Coursera for $39 (?)/mo; Saylor exams are just $5 each; etc.

I wouldn't waste the money for Study's government course. American Government at UMPI is REALLY FAST and EASY. Most of us completed in 3 days or less. It's an easy A.

CSM Learn is a general elective. Doesn't transfer to UMPI as a math course.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • arrakis, Pikachu
(07-16-2022, 08:41 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-16-2022, 08:37 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would finish as much as possible, while still beating the deadline.

Biology WITH lab at SDC - and while you're at it, take American Government.  The ICC course is no longer available.

If the rest of your courses will be used as Free (General) electives at UMPI, then yes, you can take just about anything from Sophia.  You could also do other courses from other places; CLEP (free in conjunction with ModernStates); CSM Learn $39; ALEKS for math (College Algebra, Precalculus, and Intro to Statistics will make the most of the $20/mo price); ICC still has some other courses you can take (Managerial Accounting, Business Ethics, Principles of Marketing, Intro to Entrepreneurship, College Algebra, Astronomy); Google IT Support Professional and some others through Coursera for $39 (?)/mo; Saylor exams are just $5 each; etc.

The OP is already going to take the Bio with Lab at SDC - he's already paying for 2 courses anyway, so it wouldn't be a waste of money to take it there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-16-2022, 08:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The OP is already going to take the Bio with Lab at SDC - he's already paying for 2 courses anyway, so it wouldn't be a waste of money to take it there.

I'd take a UL course instead!
Thank you for your feedback.

@ss20ts, Is there a UL course at SDC that you'd recommend?

For foreign language, my native language is on the ACE National Guide list. So oral testing by ACTFL > LTI will get me 3 credits, please correct me if I am wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes arrakis's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-16-2022, 09:12 PM)arrakis Wrote: Thank you for your feedback.

For foreign language, my native language is on the ACE National Guide list. So oral testing by ACTFL > LTI will get me 3 credits, please correct me if I am wrong.

• Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior
  • Business 310: Advanced Business Ethics
  • Business 312: Advanced Operations Management
Which language?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • arrakis

Business 312: Advanced Operations Management is a solid choice. Shortest quiz count (68) and only one written assignment (800+ word count). The final matches well with the learning material. Four people in our house have taken and successfully passed along with finishing Biology + Lab within a month. 

Good luck
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 2 users Like KSoul's post:
  • arrakis, Pikachu
(07-16-2022, 09:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

• Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior
  • Business 310: Advanced Business Ethics
  • Business 312: Advanced Operations Management
Which language?

Thank you so much.
Language: Hindi.
ACTFL, you can take multiple tests there to grab quick credits. 

Sophia English Comp I you can turn in multiple assignments at the same time.  English Comp II you can't, which is why English Comp II might take 2 months to do.

You can open up to 3 Sophia courses at the same time, though you have to ask the Sophia staff to open up the 3rd.

Study.com, the max courses you can do in a month is 5, so you should start ASAP if you plan to make the deadline.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • arrakis

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I on the right path for any BLS degree rme1987 11 268 Yesterday, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 157 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 362 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  First post, political science class guidance needed Daniel14 6 199 03-23-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: wildebeest
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,422 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 0 204 03-02-2024, 06:33 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  I earned an Honors BLS Degree with Two Minors in 8 days!! basicunitoflife 34 3,285 03-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: laknight
  Help with getting a degree ASAP Talia99 3 283 02-27-2024, 04:36 PM
  Completed! BAS Minor in Info Systems & Project Management mohelena02 4 412 02-25-2024, 07:14 PM
Smile BAS UMPI Degree Planning Questions Chimera 6 562 02-25-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Chimera