Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BACS Degree Plan - Please Provide Feedback
After quite a bit of research and exchanging information with some of you here on this Forum, I've decided to pursue a BACS from TESU. Yes, I know I can probably get an IT BS cheaper at WGU but personally, I'm comfortable spending the $5K.

I've pulled my hair-out (whatever is left) trying to narrow the right course-curriculum that will help me achieve my goals. I'm planning on testing out all the classes I can possible test out and my goal in to complete by EOY (9 month). With 25+ years of professional and life experience, I'm hoping to move through this portion quickly.

In case you're wondering how I got the the cost, I'm assuming I can get test vouchers for all the CLEPs through ModerStates. Even if I can't get them all, I can split them with OnlineDegree and the cost increase would be nominal at best. For the SDC courses, I'm assuming 2 classes a month which makes each class ~$100.

Here's where I'm stuck. I have 3 highlights classes I'm not crazy about and will consider options, especially if they're cheaper Smile.

1. Information Literacy - Information Sciences - Right now that's a course through SDC. Is there an alternative I can use to CLEP?
2. Intro to Criminal Justice - Is there another Knowledge and Human Culture class I can CLEP?
3. To meet the 18 UL credits, I have Cloud Computing as a CS Elective. Can't seem to find an online class for it. Is there a better 300+ UL class I can take?

Thanks for all the feedback and recommendations. Looking forward to start banking those credits Smile

Attached Files
.xlsx   Degree Plan BACS.xlsx (Size: 18.23 KB / Downloads: 53)
The Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP is 6 credits at TESU, and could replace both 1 & 2. It's also considered one of the easier CLEPs to pass without studying.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
So apparently people on this forum are saying that you have to take "living in the information age" instead of as of the cornerstone. So add over $1000 for that to your degree plan, however, it will count for this new course will count for the information literacy requirement. Just FYI.

So lets say you want to have your degree conferred by December 2019
You would have to...

1) applied to TESU been accepted and taken a Tecep or course by May at the latest.
2) Have most of your credits done by June because can takes a month or to get all you everything in. If you wanted until June to do everything that means it would in and evaluated by July.
3) At that point, if you had 100 credits transferred in July you would be able to register for the August capstone which would give you December graduation.
4) 100 credits is about 33 tests/courses and there are 15 weeks until June. So you are looking at about two cleps or courses a week to reach 100 credits by then. Not impossible but definitely hard work.

(02-13-2019, 12:08 AM)Zataralos Wrote: 1. Information Literacy - Information Sciences - Right now that's a course through SDC. Is there an alternative I can use to CLEP?
2. Intro to Criminal Justice - Is there another Knowledge and Human Culture class I can CLEP?
3. To meet the 18 UL credits, I have Cloud Computing as a CS Elective. Can't seem to find an online class for it. Is there a better 300+ UL class I can take?

Thanks for all the feedback and recommendations. Looking forward to start banking those credits Smile

1. The analyzing and interpreting literature clep: 6 credits
2. american literature clep: also 6 credits
Remove the $300 Cornerstone, and replace the Info Lit requirement with the new cornerstone requirement SOS-110 Living in the Information Age for $1125.

Replace CJ with whatever you want.

Prin of Marketing & Management are not GE Electives - they are Free Electives. You can move some of the Free Electives up there instead.

I don't think (although I'm not certain that Intro to Computers won't count in the CS Electives area (too low level). Not sure, someone else here may be able to help.

Foundations of IT Saylor course is not credit-bearing. Neither is Database Fundamentals from Study.com.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The Teex courses are expired and we're not sure if they're being renewed.
The biology and Nat sci CLEPs are worth 6 credits each so the extra can go towards general electives.
I would double check all of those Saylor courses, some that you mentioned are not worth credit.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(02-13-2019, 11:19 AM)MNomadic Wrote: The Teex courses are expired and we're not sure if they're being renewed.
The biology and Nat sci CLEPs are worth 6 credits each so the extra can go towards general electives.
I would double check all of those Saylor courses, some that you mentioned are not worth credit.

Is it known if the Teex courses were renewed? I ask because https://teex.org/Pages/Program.aspx?catID=231 shows that it has ACE credits. Also, are there any special requirements for being able to take Teex classes for free?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,463 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 483 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 772 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,180 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,706 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 618 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 377 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader