Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOG Degree Help
Hello, 
 I took English composition at a community college (RA) Eng 100 is what the cc labels it. It was 4cr (SH) and a 2 cr (SH) writing lab (Eng49). Together they are labeled ENG100w. Am I correct in assuming that at both Pierpont and TESU these will only transfer as College comp 1 4cr?
(I have multiple COM credits so this wont be a huge loss for the BOG degree.)

- Will Pierpont accept ALEKS? In 2017 I completed Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, and Pre-Calculus.

- Also, does pierpont accept study.com credits? I saw a lot about Sophia, but I have a decent amount of business credits from Study, and also World Religions, which I think will cover the 3cr social sciences requirement. 

- Finally, I was contemplating doing the google cert for the IT concentration. (12 cr+ Intro to computers 3cr) 
I don’t have much experience in IT, would this be a huge time commitment? If so, I should probably skip it.
Are you still an active service person? Do you have an evaluation from TESU? If you can, go get an academic evaluation done and copy/paste your info. You may want to use a browser extension such as Fireshot and copy/paste, save the academic evaluation to a PDF file. You can crop out the personal details such as your email, name, student number, etc... Pierpont will take all your RA/ACE credits towards the BOG AAS... Instructions Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-16-2021, 01:59 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Are you still an active service person?  Do you have an evaluation from TESU?  If you can, go get an academic evaluation done and copy/paste your info.  You may want to use a browser extension such as Fireshot and copy/paste, save the academic evaluation to a PDF file.  You can crop out the personal details such as your email, name, student number, etc...  Pierpont will take all your RA/ACE credits towards the BOG AAS... Instructions Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC

I still get military tuition at TESU. I can never get the printable version of my eval. I am an enrolled student at TESU. I am on the 2017 catalog.  I haven’t sent them the transcript that has the English credit, so I’m not sure how that would help. I have studied the wiki extensively. I am also enrolled in the enc102 tecep.

Attached Files
.jpeg   928104A2-5C74-466C-AF7D-CE5AD0F92408.jpeg (Size: 429.76 KB / Downloads: 16)
Your English credit should transfer in as 6 credits. Whether or not this all of this is acceptable for the English/Communication requirement, I can't say. I would guess that it should be, but it is possible that only the first 4 credits will count and the other 2 will be electives. If it's not good enough, Visual Communications from Sophia will be a quick and easy way to meet the English/Communications requirement!

Pierpont will definitely accept at least your ACE SDC credits, but they may or may not accept the NCCRS ones. I think it's possible that SDC having BOTH ACE and NCCRS credits confuses the people doing the transcripts. If it's on an ACE (Credly) transcript, it's good. If it's on a Study.com NCCRS transcript, not so much. Fingers crossed that you either have only ACE credits or they've figured things out by now!

(12-16-2021, 01:15 AM)ECH90 Wrote: - Finally, I was contemplating doing the google cert for the IT concentration. (12 cr+ Intro to computers 3cr) 
I don’t have much experience in IT, would this be a huge time commitment? If so, I should probably skip it.

Forgot to address this. It's pretty basic stuff, though the binary part can be a bit daunting at first. Experienced people can do it in 1-2 weeks. If you have no experience, I'd guess 4-6 weeks. Similar to, but a little more difficult than, a SDC course.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-16-2021, 01:15 AM)ECH90 Wrote: Hello, 
 I took English composition at a community college (RA) Eng 100 is what the cc labels it. It was 4cr (SH) and a 2 cr (SH) writing lab (Eng49). Together they are labeled ENG100w. Am I correct in assuming that at both Pierpont and TESU these will only transfer as College comp 1 4cr?

- Will Pierpont accept ALEKS? In 2017 I completed Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, and Pre-Calculus.

- Also, does pierpont accept study.com credits? I saw a lot about Sophia, but I have a decent amount of business credits from Study, and also World Religions, which I think will cover the 3cr social sciences requirement. 

- Finally, I was contemplating doing the google cert for the IT concentration. (12 cr+ Intro to computers 3cr) 

Re: transferring in your English Comp course, TESU will give you 4cr for ENC-101, and it depends on the writing lab as to if it's developmental or not - if your school says only courses 100-level and higher are transferable, then TESU will go by that and you won't get credit for it; if the school considers everything transferable, then TESU may bring it in as a 2cr elective.

Your best bet is to look at the catalog for the numbering system and see what it says.

No idea on Pierpont.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ECH90
(12-16-2021, 07:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Your English credit should transfer in as 6 credits. Whether or not this all of this is acceptable for the English/Communication requirement, I can't say. I would guess that it should be, but it is possible that only the first 4 credits will count and the other 2 will be electives. If it's not good enough, Visual Communications from Sophia will be a quick and easy way to meet the English/Communications requirement!

Pierpont will definitely accept at least your ACE SDC credits, but they may or may not accept the NCCRS ones. I think it's possible that SDC having BOTH ACE and NCCRS credits confuses the people doing the transcripts. If it's on an ACE (Credly) transcript, it's good. If it's on a Study.com NCCRS transcript, not so much. Fingers crossed that you either have only ACE credits or they've figured things out by now!

(12-16-2021, 01:15 AM)ECH90 Wrote: - Finally, I was contemplating doing the google cert for the IT concentration. (12 cr+ Intro to computers 3cr) 

Forgot to address this. It's pretty basic stuff, though the binary part can be a bit daunting at first. Experienced people can do it in 1-2 weeks. If you have no experience, I'd guess 4-6 weeks. Similar to, but a little more difficult than, a SDC course.

Oh! That might not me too bad! Thankyou!!!

(12-16-2021, 10:04 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 01:15 AM)ECH90 Wrote: Hello, 

Re: transferring in your English Comp course, TESU will give you 4cr for ENC-101, and it depends on the writing lab as to if it's developmental or not - if your school says only courses 100-level and higher are transferable, then TESU will go by that and you won't get credit for it; if the school considers everything transferable, then TESU may bring it in as a 2cr elective.

Your best bet is to look at the catalog for the numbering system and see what it says.

No idea on Pierpont.
Ah I see! I will go search! TY!
ECH90, yes, I saw your screenshot and see you're registered for the TECEP English Comp II.  You should do a few more TECEPS as you're missing some general education courses towards the degree.  I would suggest you do the BSBA General Management and be done with it slightly cheaper, easier, faster... most importantly, you "finish".

Here's the list of TECEPS they offer, you should take at least 8 of them to get the 24 RA credits for residency, you should take 1 more if possible in addition to your Capstone, then you'll have 30 RA credits for the new 30 RA requirement.  You'll have the cornerstone done already for an extra credit, that brings you up to 31 RA credits.

I highly suggest taking the 100 level Humanities or Social Sciences options or TECEPS that can go towards your BSBA GM AOS.  You can review these to see which one suits you more... remember to take at least 8, I suggest 9 of them - TESU TECEPS: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-16-2021, 08:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: ECH90, yes, I saw your screenshot and see you're registered for the TECEP English Comp II.  You should do a few more TECEPS as you're missing some general education courses towards the degree.  I would suggest you do the BSBA General Management and be done with it slightly cheaper, easier, faster... most importantly, you "finish".

Here's the list of TECEPS they offer, you should take at least 8 of them to get the 24 RA credits for residency, you should take 1 more if possible in addition to your Capstone, then you'll have 30 RA credits for the new 30 RA requirement.  You'll have the cornerstone done already for an extra credit, that brings you up to 31 RA credits.

I highly suggest taking the 100 level Humanities or Social Sciences options or TECEPS that can go towards your BSBA GM AOS.  You can review these to see which one suits you more... remember to take at least 8, I suggest 9 of them - TESU TECEPS: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php
Thanks! I am planning to take the TECEPS, because I am on the military degree plan, but I have another transcript they just haven’t evaluated yet that has GE credits. I am pretty set on the BSBA HR because I have all but 1 of the UL classes I need for that AOS. I don’t believe it would be wise to change that at this point.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 391 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,297 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,221 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 935 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,501 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 683 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,323 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is it possible to get a bachelor's degree in anything with mostly Sophia, etc? whiverem 19 2,419 06-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Liberty University Online Degree plan LevelUP 3 1,221 06-15-2023, 05:47 PM
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,134 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree