Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA CIS degree help/guidance!
I found this forum years ago, made an account, but never pulled the trigger. I recently remembered this method of obtaining a degree and decided that I should stop overthinking and just go for it.

I currently have 38 semester credits from B&M colleges:

Anatomy & Physiology I – 4cr
Anatomy & Physiology II – 4cr
General Geology – 4cr
Macroeconomics – 3cr
Women in American History – 3cr
Speech – 3cr
Intro to Programming – 2cr
Intro to Web Development – 2cr
Fundamentals of Support – 2cr
Human Body in Health & Disease – 3cr
Human Diseases for the Health Professions – 3cr
Medical Terminology – 3cr
Employment Success – 1cr
College Success Strategies – 1cr

I’ve completed the ethics course from The Institutes, am currently working through the ALEKS intermediate algebra, and will continue with college algebra once I’m done. I’m also planning on taking the Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP exam within the week.

I've included a VERY tentative plan based off a spreadsheet I found on the forum, so thank you to whoever made it. I have no preference (yet) as to where I’ll take what, but if the offer for vouchers from modernstates.org is still active I plan on taking as many CLEP exams as I can. The intro to programming class I took was only 2 credits so I’m not sure if I need to take a different one. General education classes were just thrown in there as possibilities.

Also, does anyone have an opinion on when I should submit my application? I kind of just guessed at what credits would transfer when I made my excel file. Maybe finish up my gen eds and then send everything in?

I’m more than a bit overwhelmed. Any information or guidance offered would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">BSBA CIS.xlsx (Size: 34.75 KB / Downloads: 11)
interocitor Wrote:I've included a VERY tentative plan based off a spreadsheet I found on the forum, so thank you to whoever made it. I have no preference (yet) as to where I’ll take what, but if the offer for vouchers from modernstates.org is still active I plan on taking as many CLEP exams as I can. The intro to programming class I took was only 2 credits so I’m not sure if I need to take a different one. General education classes were just thrown in there as possibilities.

Also, does anyone have an opinion on when I should submit my application? I kind of just guessed at what credits would transfer when I made my excel file. Maybe finish up my gen eds and then send everything in?

I’m more than a bit overwhelmed. Any information or guidance offered would be greatly appreciated!

The spreadsheet template was created by dfrecore.
You should continue with your general education courses by CLEP'ing whatever is available at Modern States.
Then continue on with the courses you have for the remainder of the degree.
The AOS looks workable, there may be some updated list on the forum.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It was my spreadsheet, you're welcome to it.

If I were you, I would apply at TESU now, with your B&M Transcripts. Mostly because you have credits that we don't know where they'll fit - you'll want to know if any of them will work in the Gen Ed area so that you don't take things you don't need to (I'm speaking most of the Intro to Programming course and what happens with that 1cr you're down, as well as Human Body in Health & Disease and Human Diseases for the Health Professions which might come in as Bio courses). You need to know what TESU will do with those.

I would not send the ACE transcript yet, as it is not as important, and you're working on more courses. You should definitely get started on the rest of the courses while you're waiting though. Take English Comp I & II, Sociology/Anthropology, American Government, 3 courses from Area C, and College Algebra & Stats.

Once you see what happens with your other credits, you can then determine how many other GE Electives you need to take.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,205 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,860 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,345 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,871 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,037 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,011 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,965 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,326 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627