Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Roadmap review
Hi guys been a long time lurker (way back in 2013) first time poster I've been out of the game for a while but am now able to return but since I have been a way for a little while. I was wondering if anyone could give my Road map a quick review to see if its still relevant, or, if I need to make any changes, (yeah I know I only have 21 credits I'm planning to have that skyrocket in the next couple of months) if its any help I enrolled back in April 2017 so I could snag the Business admin TECEP before they ended it. Thanks for the help!

Attached Files
.xlsx   BSBAroadMAP.xlsx (Size: 32.38 KB / Downloads: 42)
That looks like a workable template, but I would change a few things around, you're taking "expensive/harder/slower" courses.
Don't use Sophia, use SL for Environmental Science for much cheaper/easier/faster. For MIS, use Study.com or Saylor.org

For English Composition I & II, switch from StraighterLine to Study.com
For Oral Communications, take Study.com Presentation Skills for the workplace.
For International Business, take Study.com Business 120: International Management.

For your Area of Study, you may want to take a look at my Beginners Guide.
You can mix and match many, but this is what I recommend.
Your template is very close to the one I have in my dropbox in the Guide.

General Management Area of Specialization - $297
You must take at least 1 course in 3 out of the 4 areas (MAN, ACC, MAR, FIN)
18 credits required, minimum of 12 upper-level credits.

*Saylor - Corporate/Managerial Communications (UL) - $25 (Davar $85)
*Saylor - Management Information Systems (UL) - $25 (Davar $85)
Straighterline Intermediate Accounting I (Financial Accounting) - $59
Straighterline Managerial Accounting (UL, transcribed as Cost Accounting) - $59
Straighterline Organizational Behavior (UL) - $59
Study.com Digital Marketing & Advertising (UL) - $70
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Blackstar12
You need to take another TECEP in order to maintain your enrollment since it's almost been a year. I would sign up for one TODAY so you don't forget and miss the deadline. Either take Computers to get your core, or take Applied Math because after passing the ALEKS courses, it will be very easy to pass (it's like Beginning Algebra and some 6th grade math).

Take the Institute's free Ethics course.

MIS can be taken at Study.com now instead of Ed4Credit (half the price).

DON'T use Study.com for your Oral Comm requirement, as there's some sort of issue they're working through with TESU right now. Use SL instead. Or the TECEP (Technical Comm).

(01-14-2018, 08:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For Oral Communications, take Study.com Presentation Skills for the workplace.  

DO NOT use Study.com right now for Oral Comm, there is an issue with TESU right now and they aren't accepting ANY Study.com courses for this requirement (even Public Speaking).

Saylor's BUS206: Management Info Systems course does NOT come in as UL - it comes in as CIS-201.  Instead, you would have to take BUS303: Strategic Info Tech to come in as CIS-301.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-15-2018, 11:52 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You need to take another TECEP in order to maintain your enrollment since it's almost been a year.  I would sign up for one TODAY so you don't forget and miss the deadline.  Either take Computers to get your core, or take Applied Math because after passing the ALEKS courses, it will be very easy to pass (it's like Beginning Algebra and some 6th grade math).

Take the Institute's free Ethics course.

MIS can be taken at Study.com now instead of Ed4Credit (half the price).

DON'T use Study.com for your Oral Comm requirement, as there's some sort of issue they're working through with TESU right now.  Use SL instead.  Or the TECEP (Technical Comm).

(01-14-2018, 08:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For Oral Communications, take Study.com Presentation Skills for the workplace.  

DO NOT use Study.com right now for Oral Comm, there is an issue with TESU right now and they aren't accepting ANY Study.com courses for this requirement (even Public Speaking).

Saylor's BUS206: Management Info Systems course does NOT come in as UL - it comes in as CIS-201.  Instead, you would have to take BUS303: Strategic Info Tech to come in as CIS-301.

are you refering to CIS-107?  seems fairly easy and straightforward
(01-15-2018, 09:13 PM)Blackstar12 Wrote: are you refering to CIS-107?  seems fairly easy and straightforward

Yes.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Blackstar12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,786 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,048 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,683 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,294 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,042 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,512 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,153 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,539 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,837 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan --- less time & money Bach2Mast 8 3,236 07-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Bach2Mast