Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA TESU - help please!
What are the best courses to take to satisfy the following for the BSBA HR/Organizational Management:

Finance
Business Society
Communications
1 cr Natural World

Thanks in advance!
That depends on what format you prefer. A few options:

Finance: Davar, Study.com
Business Society: International Business through Study.com, Davar
Communications: Saylor, Study.com, SL, Davar
1 cr Natural World: You probably won't find a 1 cr class but OnlineDegree.com offers some (such as Astronomy/Cosmology) that are only $9 each
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
Looking for the fastest! I’ve never used Davar or Saylor but thinking they might be good options. I’ve only used SL and SDC
In either case, how fast you can complete it is based on how well you know the material or whether you want to try taking the exam cold without studying.

Davar and Saylor are both credit by examination. Saylor has a (free) course associated with it, but you don't need to take the course. You can take the quizzes or practice exam to see how well you know the material first, or you can jump right into the direct credit exam for credit. For Davar, they let you download free study materials (a really long set of PowerPoint slides) that you can review at your own pace, then you pay and register for the exam.

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

(11-15-2018, 05:16 AM)Muldoon Wrote: In either case, how fast you can complete it is based on how well you know the material or whether you want to try taking the exam cold without studying.

Davar and Saylor are both credit by examination. Saylor has a (free) course associated with it, but you don't need to take the course. You can take the quizzes or practice exam to see how well you know the material first, or you can jump right into the direct credit exam for credit. For Davar, they let you download free study materials (a really long set of PowerPoint slides) that you can review at your own pace, then you pay and register for the exam.

Muldoon, did you like Davar? did you find their guides prepared you for the exam?

(11-17-2018, 11:55 AM)Mab81 Wrote: Muldoon, did you like Davar? did you find their guides prepared you for the exam?

I actually haven't taken any of their exams yet, I'm still working my way through the lengthy study materials. What I've looked at so far seems fairly straightforward though. If I can get through enough material in time, I'm planning on taking some exams over the Thanksgiving weekend, so I'd be happy to give my opinion when/if that happens.

Sorry, I ended up not taking the Davar exam when I first planned. I've since taken Organizational Behavior. I don't know if the other courses are different, but for this one, the exam questions were verbatim from the slides. There were maybe 3 questions that weren't in the slides and I had to guess, but the rest were pretty easy. I did review the quizzes too and don't recall seeing any questions from them. I did have trouble with the short answer questions because it was hard to recall exactly what was on the slides from memory, but I still passed.

I definitely recommend re-reading the slides right before you take the exam so it's still fresh in your mind.

Overall, yes, I enjoyed Davar and would recommend them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 718 1 hour ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch