Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA planning question
Hello everyone! I have three finals left to take. I took four finals this weekend!!!! Below are the courses that I have completed. I have a few questions. I am completing the BSBA Human Resources Management/Organizational Management program. Does my AOS look ok? I have both LL and UL Human Resources. Is this okay or do I need to complete one more class towards the AOS? I have 139 credits...will they all transfer? Is it okay to go over the 114 maximum or do they pick and choose which credits they will take? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Community College:

Human Bio 4
English 101 3
English 102 3 
Sociology 101 3
Sociology of the Family 3
Psychology 3
Psychology of Human Development 3
Child Psychology 3
Educational Psychology 3
Social Psychology 3
Abnormal Psychology 3
Western Civ I 3
Western Civ II 3
Statistics 3
Oral communication 3
Art Appreciation 3
Nutrition 3
Philosophy 3

55 Credits

Straighterline

Medical Terminology LL 3
Pharmacology LL 3 
Principles of Management LL 3
Business Ethics LL 3
Macroeconomics LL 3
Microeconomics LL 3
Business Law LL 3
Business Communication LL 3 
Organizational Behavior LL 3
Accounting I LL 3
Accounting II LL 3
Financial Accounting LL 3
Managerial Accounting UL 3
Introduction to Religion LL 3
American Government LL 3
IT Fundamentals LL 3 
College Algebra LL 3

51 Credits

Study.com

Business 102: Principles of Marketing LL 3 
Business 314: Employment Law UL 3
Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology UL 3
Business 106: Human Resources LL 3
Business 306: Strategic Human Resources UL 3 

Finals to take!
Business 120: International Business LL 3
Business 323: Organizational Theory UL 3
Finance 101: Finance LL 3 

24 credits 

NHA CCMA
9 credits

139 total
(01-18-2021, 05:18 AM)tpell1219 Wrote: Hello everyone! I have three finals left to take. I took four finals this weekend!!!! Below are the courses that I have completed. I have a few questions. I am completing the BSBA Human Resources Management/Organizational Management program. Does my AOS look ok? I have both LL and UL Human Resources. Is this okay or do I need to complete one more class towards the AOS? I have 139 credits...will they all transfer? Is it okay to go over the 114 maximum or do they pick and choose which credits they will take? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

TESU will take all your courses and put them on the transcript at least.

I assume you verified with TESU academic advising that these courses fit in your AOS.

TESU has their magic 8 ball they like to shake every 6 months, I wouldn't wait to get classes transferred in.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I would apply and enroll ASAP ( https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Th..._to_Enroll ) to get those all transferred in. It looks okay, at first glance, and it is perfectly fine to go over 114 being transferred in but, as LevelUP stated, transfers don't always go according to plan. Get the process rolling now so that you'll be able to register for the capstone/cornerstone as soon as possible.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I have heard that FIN 101: Principles of Finance will no longer work for the Core, you have to take FIN 104: Financial Management.

I have also heard that BUS 314: Employment Law will not work for the BSBA/HR AoS.

So, you need to apply and get all of your courses transferred in so that you can see if they take these, or else you need to take 1-2 additional courses. But you should apply anyway, with all of your credits (I'd have applied much sooner). Luckily, SL and Study.com courses can be sent via their own transcripts, no worries about Acclaim there. I wouldn't even bother with your NHA CCMA credits unless you really want them on a transcript (and I have no idea what those are and didn't use them in looking at your degree plan).

I would sign up to take the cornerstone immediately, and the capstone as well if you want (or at least plan on that soon). The sooner you finish, the less you have to worry about TESU changing things on you. Luckily, with the possibly exception of those 2 courses mentioned (and I could be wrong about them, I hope I am), you will be done in no time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
For the core, Sophia's Principles of Finance might be easier/faster than Fin 104 at SDC. But that depends on how much of Fin 104 has been completed by finishing Fin 101.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question on Ohio University accepting Sophia credits EducationSeeker 4 145 Yesterday, 05:13 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 77 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,552 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  New Member with a UMPI Question colonelcamp 13 437 04-19-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,085 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,208 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 205 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 612 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,359 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 10 408 03-29-2024, 01:55 PM