Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUS 421 Case Studies
Hi everyone, I'm planning on taking the BSBA capstone in Jan or Feb 2020. I have four weeks to prepare and while waiting I would like to get a head start on reviewing the material. I have some questions for you all. 

1. Please provide a link where I can rent or buy the book. Pdf is the best option.. It might cost a bit more but I like to have the option of text to speech for while traveling (I have a very good text to speech app that works best with pdf).

2. I really want to see the case studies in advance to start researching. I'm not the best researcher or writer, it takes me time to get going. So, if I can see the case studies in advance, I can start preparing.

a) Are the case studies the same?
b) Are the case studies part of the final project, sort of like drafts or no relation at all?
c) Are the case studies in the textbook or given by the professor?
d) Do we choose the case study or is assigned by the professor?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mitmike2019's post:
  • akr680
2. No idea which case studies your instructor will assign, so you can't do them in advance. You also want to see feedback from the first one before doing the rest, in case you're not doing it how he/she wants.

a) don't know what you mean by this - same as what?
b) case studies were weekly assignments for my course back in 2017, probably the same now
c) they are in the textbook, but there are MANY, the instructor chooses which ones to assign (I had 7 of them)
d) assigned by the professor
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for getting back to me. 

Question 2a: I was not very clear, sorry. What I meant to ask was, are the case studies in every class/semester the SAME? But I think I know the answer... NO

Thanks again
(12-27-2019, 12:42 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm planning on taking the BSBA capstone in Jan or Feb 2020. I have four weeks to prepare and while waiting I would like to get a head start on reviewing the material. I have some questions for you all. 

1. Please provide a link where I can rent or buy the book. Pdf  is the best option.. It might cost a bit more but I like to have the option of text to speech for while traveling (I have a very good text to speech app that works best with pdf).

2. I really want to see the case studies in advance to start researching. I'm not the best researcher or writer, it takes me time to get going. So, if I can see the case studies in advance, I can start preparing.

a) Are the case studies the same?
     b) Are the case studies part of the final project, sort of like drafts or no relation at all?
   c) Are the case studies in the textbook or given by the professor?
    d) Do we choose the case study or is assigned by the professor?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Could you please share the "text to speech app" name?
------------------

There are so many text to speech apps for Android and Apple, but my favorite is: eReader Prestigio.  It reads different type of files, i.e PDF,. Word and many others. I found pdf to be the best. You can adjust the reading speed, choose a gender voice and accent, US, British, Hindi, etc. I copy one chapter at the time and play it over and over then when I get to a confortable place, then I read it.... This method works for me....
I took the course a few month ago, and the digital textbook version has a text to speech feature. You can't prepare the case studies in advance because professor can choose from 30 different possible case studies, furthermore, even if you know the case study (company), the assignment questions can be different by each professor.
Recommendation. Study the textbook now to prepare.
(12-27-2019, 07:30 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: I took the course a few month ago, and the digital textbook version has a text to speech feature. You can't prepare the case studies in advance because professor can choose from 30 different possible case studies, furthermore, even if you know the case study (company), the assignment questions can be different by each professor.

Thank you....Who was your professor? and how long were the study cases (word count or pages)??? Next, how long in advance you were you getting each assigned case study? Do you get them all at once or one per week?

I just bought the book, it was very inexpensive and its PDF....I hit chapter one already. I'm going to register for the February semester.
(12-27-2019, 07:46 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:
(12-27-2019, 07:30 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: I took the course a few month ago, and the digital textbook version has a text to speech feature. You can't prepare the case studies in advance because professor can choose from 30 different possible case studies, furthermore, even if you know the case study (company), the assignment questions can be different by each professor.

Thank you....Who was your professor? and how long were the study cases (word count or pages)??? Next, how long in advance you were you getting each assigned case study? Do you get them all at once or one per week?

I just bought the book, it was very inexpensive and its PDF....I hit chapter one already. I'm going to register for the February semester.

When the course starts you will know all the case studies, the required assignment questions and everything else for the entire course.

Having recently completed the BSBA capstone at TESU, here is the course breakdown.

1.  7 business case studies (1000-1100 words per case study, all APA style) account for 35% of the final grade. 
2.  The midterm (10 questions plus 4 written essays during the proctored exam, timed) account for 25% of the final grade. The essay questions are all related to the textbook and the midterm instructions provide some guidance in the chapters for possible essays.
3.  Final paper (3500 to 5000 words, all APA style) account for 20% of the final grade.
4.  Weekly discussions (12 total), (each post is usually around 250-400 words and follow up comments from other posters, all APA style) account for 15% of the final grade.
5.  ETS profile test, account for 5% of the final grade.
Did you use a editor program other than ms word for the APA style? Can you DM me an example of one if your papers just to see the APA style?
Programs.
MS Word - writing the case studies, discussions, etc.
Grammarly (paid version) - corrects grammar, improves the overall writing style (academic level), and it reviews for possible or mistaken plagiarism.
Hemingway App - its a free website tool that reviews your writing style.
EasyBib (paid version) - APA style generator - saved many hours putting together a APA style format. Also, the professor required in-text citations for everything. The program will auto create in-text citations as well. another plus, it reviews for possible or mistaken plagiarism.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BS Technical Studies Engineering AOS Bryant.tj 7 560 12-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Technical Studies topdog98 11 848 07-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  TESU Liberal Studies Degree Plan Help afro_knowledge 24 5,099 12-14-2022, 06:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New degree plan: Professional Studies rachel83az 5 796 09-07-2022, 03:45 AM
  Any new test out alternatives for Liberal Studies/General Management, BA vetvso 16 1,665 08-04-2022, 12:36 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Upper level classes for liberal studies janthonys 11 1,744 03-27-2022, 12:49 PM
Last Post: janthonys
  Advice for a liberal studies-psychology student futureaccountingstudent 6 921 03-15-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  BA in Liberal Studies-Computer Science (BA.LSCOS akr680 10 1,991 02-23-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Liberal Studies- Healthcare management Degree?? schoolgirlb 2 675 11-30-2021, 09:14 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BA in Liberal Studies- Healthcare management schoolgirlb 4 1,084 11-30-2021, 12:32 AM