Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachelor's Degree Plan Need Help
Thank you all for your assistance.

"You should be able to test out of 6 of the 7. If you are good in history it would be easy. Only the Capstone has to be done at Excelsior.

Do you have the Post 9/11 GI Bill at 100%?"

I suck at history and it is actually one of my worse subjects. I do have the G.I. Bill at 100% though.

-----

"You're trying to hit two birds with one stone, I like that actually, that's a very good plan of getting a BALS and also an Engineering degree. Awesome, so, what type of engineering do you think you're going to go for? There are several recommendations, I would suggest looking at other options in addition to Temple as Temple requires at minimum 45 credits residency for their bachelors degrees in house.

An example is Software Engineering, you can do the final 36 credits at Penn State and have the rest transferred in.... So find the "program" you want and find the "school" you want to go to, you need to plan those courses to transfer seamlessly. If you took those 7 courses carefully planned, that's 21 credits towards your Engineering degree...

What I don't understand is, why not continue at Excelsior or TESU as they have ABET accredited Engineering programs already. You can save your time and $ by going for a Masters in your "engineering field" instead when the time comes... again, you might want to quickly get your application into TESU for an evaluation, you may already have enough for the BS Tech Studies, you may need more for their Engineering programs. And email Excelsior one more time for another evaluation for their ABET Engineering programs..."

I'm not sure about Penn State. I am going for electrical engineering though. I was actually looking into the Excelsior and TESU programs, but they aren't engineering degrees though. It is engineering technology and completion of the degree will make me a technologist, not an engineer. Furthermore, I e-mailed TESU already about an evaluation towards the Tech Studies and Liberal Arts. I applied to TESU a long time ago and my account is now expired and I am considered unenrolled. Temple offered me 52 credits (10 towards GenEd, 42 completing all my electives, and 0 towards my major) and I would need 74 credits to complete my Eng Degree. I was wondering if you guys know if I can take any online engineering major classes to satify temple requirements.

-----
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
Talk to Temple and see if they accept APUS credits. You may want to take credits from them and transfer if it's OK.
They should take these at Excelsior. See their program information, it is a good RA program, but not ABET accredited...
http://www.apu.apus.edu/academic/schools...ering.html
https://catalog.apus.edu/undergraduate/a...ring/#text

Update 1: If you don't want to finish at Temple, and if ABET is not totally needed in your state, then you can finish it at AMU/APUS.
You can transfer 91 credits into the program and finish the rest to get to 126 credits total.
$250-$270/credit as per the links above... it's online and starts monthly for most if not all the classes.

Update 2: This is an example of what a transfer program will go from a CC to Temple, roughly 60-66+ credit transfer.
Link: http://www.temple.edu/vpus/documents/MCC...ebcopy.pdf

Link: https://www.temple.edu/vpus/documents/Pr...Credit.pdf
If you look at Military Experience Credits**, it's only allowing up to 12 credits for UL
For ACE/CLEP/DSST credit, it's limited to 9 credits total! So use those credits wisely
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MrBossmanJr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,156 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,819 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,622 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,753 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,943 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,938 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,305 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero