Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I double major in accounting and psychology?
(03-31-2022, 03:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I've taken many accounting courses and some of them I can't imagine understanding all of the concepts and theory in an online course where you're on your own to learn. I did all of mine in person so I could ask the professor questions. That made a huge difference to me.

I've taken only one accounting course the intro financial accounting but I've attempted it multiple times in multiple variations.

I first took accounting fully in person but I had five other courses on my plate so I dropped it after a few weeks since I was not putting in the effort it needed. (accounting is not a course you can BS your way though IMO, stuff like marketing and management you can guess/BS/slack your way through but not accounting) Then next semester I started my accounting in person but it was during Covid and I was already struggling and in March 2020 when I was unexpectedly forced to learn it online (with basically no support) it was no surprise I failed the course. My school accepted ACE/NCCRS so I tried sophia (it was free back then), study.com and onlinedegree.com to learn accounting. I also glanced at Saylor but realized that wouldn't work. I found less depth in online options than in person course but still struggled. Since I was already lost and overwhelmed about accounting from my prior experiences, the lack of support online didn't help things. And when I found out how complicated and it could take to months to the get ACE accepted (IF it would be accepted all) I gave up on that idea all together. It was my final semester I was determined to graduate on time. Due to covid and time crunch I ended up doing it fully online in an accelerated 5 week RA course. It was difficult but I did it.

Anyways, long story short. I am not the biggest fan of accounting. And I have no desire to ever take another accounting course again. Also, I 100% agree that learning in person with support makes it way easier to learn and master the concepts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • ss20ts
For OP and those who really just want some credits in a certain subject area, a certificate or a minor would be a great option. An example is if you're going to TESU, you can get a BSBA CIS, Entrepreneurship or whatever AOS you want and get a cert in Accounting and a cert in Psychology, so you can save the second Bachelors degree later in life if you ever wanted to go back to TESU for a second Bachelors.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • natshar
Loved financial accounting. Loved it! Had already worked in accounting for years though. But it's not easy, you have to apply yourself.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 556 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,102 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Major career change, cosmetology to MSW/LMSW bonjourcat 20 587 04-04-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: bonjourcat
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 452 03-28-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: BELEEMA
  AA degree to BS Psychology - advice needed StJackson 7 336 02-26-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BA Accounting Planning - Help to get an H1B flamewerks 5 809 01-08-2024, 01:21 AM
Last Post: flamewerks
  UMPI or WGU? BA Business Administration or Accounting? IDK123LOL 7 1,063 11-21-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BSBA Accounting - Need to plan remaining classes Dosada 6 604 11-14-2023, 02:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Mature student seeks help with college credit/bypassing courses. Psychology oriented. Cyath 27 2,454 11-12-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Psychology or Liberal Arts with Excelsior University H31d1 6 517 10-01-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: H31d1