Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bad Bad Vibes from WGU (and an Intro of sorts)
(11-07-2019, 12:53 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: As a general rule, if one "has" to resort to ad hominem, it's not because their *opponent* lacks reasoning and comprehension skills.

Like jsd said, your behavior is just childish, and I give up trying to reason with you.

A rule says who? Cite me peer-reviewed academic research stating that I can't observe that you can't process logic. You simply cannot. 

Here's what we can also observe. You're defending the college making off more with yours and others would be tuition dollars. I am defending the side of the student saving them money. You're far from being the paragon in this argument.
Please keep the conversation civil people. It is okay to disagree, but personal attacks and insults are not permitted on this forum.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(11-07-2019, 01:09 AM)ivythrowaway Wrote: A rule says who? Cite me peer-reviewed academic research stating that I can't observe that you can't process logic. You simply cannot. 

Here's what we can also observe. You're defending the college making off more with yours and others would be tuition dollars. I am defending the side of the student saving them money. You're far from being the paragon in this argument.

Merlin, this guy can no longer pretend he's here in good faith after this non-sense post. This is very transparent trolling.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(11-07-2019, 03:20 AM)jsd Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 01:09 AM)ivythrowaway Wrote: A rule says who? Cite me peer-reviewed academic research stating that I can't observe that you can't process logic. You simply cannot. 

Merlin, this guy can no longer pretend he's here in good faith after this non-sense post. This is very transparent trolling.

You're welcome to cite prior instances of what you consider trolling in my post history. We can disagree. I think trolling is wasting a thread with good intentions arguing in favor of a predatory policy designed to part students from their money. This prior individual was either trolling or simply not able to grasp this subject matter. 

Or are you in favor of students being forced to shell out ~$1000 for a CBE course, jsd? Do you think this line of thinking is consistent with the spirit of this forum?
(11-07-2019, 03:20 AM)jsd Wrote:

Warnings have been given.

In any case, considering that this thread has devolved and doesn't really add much value to the community at this point, I am just going to close the thread.

To be clear, the thread was not closed because the OP's negative opinion of WGU. People are entitled to their opinions, good and bad and they are free to discuss them here as long as the discussions add value to the community. The thread was closed because it was devolving into personal attacks and was becoming overly argumentative and non-constructive.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU/SL Intro to Programming in C++ theonlyski 3 2,416 11-02-2017, 06:38 AM
Last Post: theonlyski