Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad economy = no more ramen noodles
[QUOTE=P00057870]Black Beans. Is this fast food restaurant available in other parts of the country -- Pollo Tropical? 1/2 chicken, black beans & rice, and a role for under $4. If you want a desert, think of fried plantains or key lime pie.

I've never heard of it in the NY-NJ area but I know in CA they have a chain called El Pollo Loco which sounds similar to what you're talking about. Under $4 sounds like a bargain, over here I spend twice as much at a drive thru. I do think NY-NJ has the best pizza and CA has the best Mexican food. To be fair I've never been to Florida.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
taylor Wrote:CA has the best Mexican food.
:iagree: Adalberto's carnitas burrito was the best! Picture a burrito the size of a tall boy beer can, only thicker, filled to capacity with delicious pulled pork (fried on the griddle just barely), guacamole and pico de gallo. And that's it, no BS fillers like rice or whatever to get in the way of pure pork goodness! All for under 5 bucks.

I miss California now. Sad
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
JanusthePhoenix Wrote::iagree: Adalberto's carnitas burrito was the best! Picture a burrito the size of a tall boy beer can, only thicker, filled to capacity with delicious pulled pork (fried on the griddle just barely), guacamole and pico de gallo. And that's it, no BS fillers like rice or whatever to get in the way of pure pork goodness! All for under 5 bucks.

Muchas gracias amigo!!! I've heard about them, I got to try them out next time. I think they're more in San Diego. I lived in more L.A. and Orange County area, El Taurino is the busiest and tastiest 24 hour Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. I get carne asada tacos, burritos, and tortas. Man, you got me craving for food when I should be sleeping now. Thanks a lot.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
I used to eat quite a bit of Ramen when I was a poor working student in my freshman and sophomore years at the local university. It was 6 cents a pack at the local grocery store.
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
taylor Wrote:To be fair I've never been to Florida.

Reward yourself when done and come on down.....Go to Disney World, check out Central Florida, and if you get as far as South Florida, make sure you really enjoy the flavor and mixture of cultures -- great food. During the crab season, one of the more favorite places in South Beach is Joe's -- but bring a credit card with lots of room on it!

I don't know much about Mexican food here, but there are plenty of choices, as that is one of many cultures we have down here...along with Peruvian, Brazilian, Guatemalan, ....I can go on and on. All with their own variations on the food and lots of small mom and pop shops with great food.

Best time of year to visit is probably beteen now and April/May. After that it gets into our rainy season and heat. Right now the sky is beautifully blue, lots of sunshine, and average temps are to wake in the 60s and get up into the mid to upper 70s....unless a cold front comes through and then it can be most anything but rare to get as cold as it did here a few weeks back. Summers are hot and steamy, but your will find great buys at that time.
P00057870,

Are you employed by the Dept. of Tourism for the state of Florida? LOL! Regretfully, I've had several opportunities to visit Florida but decided to travel elsewhere during my vacations. I do plan on visiting someday but right now every nickel is going into my education and my planned move back to CA. Once you live in a warm weather state, it's hard getting your body adjusted to cold weather again.

Hopefully, the economy does a 180 so we won't have to talk about unhealthy processed food such as ramen. I can't even afford bottled water anymore. No Cashy No Splashy! Once things pick up, we can splurge once in a while and order filet mignon at Ruth Chris or prime rib at Lawry's again.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
Rolleyes No, not for the Department of Tourism --

But it is a place that is unique, warm like California, but lot's cheaper to live here then there -- and no earthquakes. Yeah, we have hurricanes but you know they are coming and can prepare.

California is interesting -- and we all are hoping things will turn around and the sooner the better. Like you, all money is going toward the degree, so we don't go very far either. Good thing there are so many things to do down here. Rolleyes
JanusthePhoenix Wrote::iagree: Adalberto's carnitas burrito was the best! Picture a burrito the size of a tall boy beer can, only thicker, filled to capacity with delicious pulled pork (fried on the griddle just barely), guacamole and pico de gallo. And that's it, no BS fillers like rice or whatever to get in the way of pure pork goodness! All for under 5 bucks.

I live in Southern Caliornia and in my town alone we ave TONS of Mexican chains AND an Adalbertos! Plus 2 or 3 Los Jilbertos. Absolute cheap filling yummness.
P00057870 Wrote:Rolleyes No, not for the Department of Tourism --

But it is a place that is unique, warm like California, but lot's cheaper to live here then there -- and no earthquakes. Yeah, we have hurricanes but you know they are coming and can prepare.

California is interesting -- and we all are hoping things will turn around and the sooner the better. Like you, all money is going toward the degree, so we don't go very far either. Good thing there are so many things to do down here. Rolleyes

I'm a t shirts, shorts, and flip flop kind of guy, so warm climate suits me fine. Taking your kid to the beach or park for free all year round is one of the invaluable perks of FL and CA, especially now. Yeah, good eats, sunshine, and beaches sounds like paradise to me.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
Hey I'm in the navy and I'm getting out, so I'm trying to Clep as many subjects as I can before I enroll in school, I got a year and a half left, what is the most Clep credits do you think a school will except, I'm going to go to Thomas Edison State and go for a BSBA..