Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic question about Study.com, Saylor.org, Shmoop, and other ACE credits services
Im so newbie so i want to ask:

If i open account in any of these services, i approve some courses and get transferible credits, may i then cancel my membership? Or i will loss the user and the credits if i cancel it??
As for Saylor, Straighterline, Aleks etc, you add your credits to the ACE credit register, and ACE will transfer it to your desired university. So, your credit records will always be with ACE, even if you canceled your membership eithbthese oroviders. Saylor has no membership fee, so nothing to cancel. As for study.com, I asked them this question. And they said that even if I canceled my membership, they would be preserving my credits just like any normal school would. So, you can cancel your membership after you have completed the required courses.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(07-17-2019, 09:04 AM)Supermind Wrote: As for Saylor, Straighterline, Aleks etc, you add your credits to the ACE credit register, and ACE will transfer it to your desired university. So, your credit records will always be with ACE, even if you canceled your membership eithbthese oroviders. Saylor has no membership fee, so nothing to cancel. As for study.com, I asked them this question. And they said that even if I canceled my membership, they would be preserving my credits just like any normal school would. So, you can cancel your membership after you have completed the required courses.

Thank you for your reply, so i need ACE account, or being enrolled in some college? I was thinking about getting some credits before enrolling in college, is this posbile?
(07-17-2019, 09:31 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 09:04 AM)Supermind Wrote: As for Saylor, Straighterline, Aleks etc, you add your credits to the ACE credit register, and ACE will transfer it to your desired university. So, your credit records will always be with ACE, even if you canceled your membership eithbthese oroviders. Saylor has no membership fee, so nothing to cancel. As for study.com, I asked them this question. And they said that even if I canceled my membership, they would be preserving my credits just like any normal school would. So, you can cancel your membership after you have completed the required courses.

Thank you for your reply, so i need ACE account, or being enrolled in some college? I was thinking about getting some credits before enrolling in college, is this posbile?

It is recommended that for any ACE recommended course you add it to your ACE transcript - even if the school you end up attending wants the transcripts send directly from the provider (such as the case with TESU and Study.com). Having them on the ACE transcript protects you many years down the road should a provider shutdown and you need to prove you indeed took Bio I w/lab someday (for example) - ACE would be your official transcript for that.

You didn't ask about NCCRS but since many of the providers we talk about here offer courses through both ACE and NCCRS it is important to note that courses that are only NCCRS - those transcripts must come direct from the provider, as there is no centralized transcript service for NCCRS credits. In example Saylor offers some courses that are both ACE/NCCRS, some that are only ACE, and some that are only NCCRS.  Also be aware that in the cases of those that are both ACE/NCCRS they may be evaluated at different levels (LL vs UL) - in example 'Business-301' may be ACE reviewed as LL, but NCCRS evaluates it as UL; this may determine which transcript you choose to send to the school you're getting your degree from.  In the end LL/UL credit granted is determined by the school - and can vary from school to school.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • cecilgambe7
Opening an ACE account does not require you to be enrolled with any college. You could just gather credits in your ACE credit register, and enrol with a university when you have sufficient credits.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 2 users Like Supermind's post:
  • cecilgambe7, CorrieElle
Thanks for your valuable information, I'll pay special attention the LL, UL issue...

So the suggestion is to transcript my courses to my ACE account, but for every transcription to ACE account I should I pay a fee? If i transcript one, two or three courses at once i may pay just one time this fee?
FYI, sending courses to be added into your transcript to ACE recommendation for credit does not require a fee. You should complete each course and when graded, add them to your ACE account. The only time you pay, is when you sign up $20. It includes 1 free transcript to go to the school you want to send the transcript to (in the future), all subsequent transcripts are $15. I usually tell people to do two transcripts, 1 when you are almost done with your classes and 1 final transcript for when you're done and they need to audit your credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • cecilgambe7, CorrieElle

What about for the Ethics course from The Institutes?  I tried registering it on the ACE site and they can’t find that name or anything.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
BrighterFuture88 Wrote:What about for the Ethics course from The Institutes?  I tried registering it on the ACE site and they can’t find that name or anything.

All of the FREE credits are ACE recommended for credit. You will need to get those sent to ACE for storage/transcript. Many people select the wrong course and completed Ethics 311 instead of Ethics 312. Can you tell us which one you selected and if you chose the $5 option? The course for $5 is actually continuing education units, it's not worth college credit, the FREE course is the one you want.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-18-2019, 03:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
BrighterFuture88 Wrote:What about for the Ethics course from The Institutes?  I tried registering it on the ACE site and they can’t find that name or anything.

All of the FREE credits are ACE recommended for credit.  You will need to get those sent to ACE for storage/transcript.  Many people select the wrong course and completed Ethics 311 instead of Ethics 312.  Can you tell us which one you selected and if you chose the $5 option?  The course for $5 is actually continuing education units, it's not worth college credit, the FREE course is the one you want.

I selected the CPCU Ethics course and did as this site originally recommended and selected the free option.  My question was actually based on registering my credit on the ACE website, but “The Institutes” isn’t any option for an institution.  I take it that it is called, “American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters, Insurance Institute of America”?
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 91 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,321 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,478 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,676 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 601 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 403 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat