Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bathroom break during study.com final
I just took my first test today with RPNow to speed up my progress. I have a kidney problem so I have to go once during the test (probably 1-2 mins). I forgot to check if there was any button to pause the test. After I came back, I continued to do my test and it let me. Is it going to be a problem? I'm so mad at myself for not checking because I was so anxious about the test.
Sophia.org: 74 LL credits
TEEX: 13 credits (3 UL + 10LL) 
ACTFL: 24 credits (12 LL + 12 UL) 
Community College: 81 LL credits (2 AAs)
WGU: 9 UL credits
UMPI: 42 credits (30 UL + 12 LL)
Study.com 12 credits (6 UL + 6LL)
UMPI BLS, minor in Management. Magna Cum Claude. (May '22)
It may be a problem, yes. You're not supposed to leave the computer at all for any reason while testing is in progress. Unfortunately, your test will probably get kicked back due to "cheating" because you got up.

In the future, I would suggest taking a bathroom break immediately before beginning the test.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, park0902
Talk to study.com about it because you have a medical issue and they have to accommodate it by law.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • park0902
(11-29-2021, 10:56 AM)ashkir Wrote: Talk to study.com about it because you have a medical issue and they have to accommodate it by law.

These type of arrangements are supposed to be made beforehand though, so I wouldn't expect them to be too flexible here.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 3 users Like jsd's post:
  • jch, MNomadic, park0902
(11-29-2021, 11:14 AM)jsd Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 10:56 AM)ashkir Wrote: Talk to study.com about it because you have a medical issue and they have to accommodate it by law.

These type of arrangements are supposed to be made beforehand though, so I wouldn't expect them to be too flexible here.

Correct - if you have an issue that needs to be accommodated, you have to get that all going in advance, not afterwards.  Ask for forgiveness, rather than permission will not be your best bet at this late date.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • park0902
This problem can be solved without leaving the room. Pretend you're old.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old Guy's post:
  • MNomadic, park0902
RPNOW is third party and not under Study.com's control, you can send an email to support@study.com and explain what happened. They will most likely get RPNOW to revisit the video, if you left the screen as is while you're at the loo, it's not really that transparent how they "flag/score" you, but most likely they'll flag the system with a note what transpired. Study.com will most likely have the "final" say of what they can/can not do... Make sure to explain in detail, be courteous, and ask what your possible next steps are...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • park0902
Thank you all for the recommendations. If they disqualify the test because they consider it "cheating", does this mean I've lost one test attempt this month, or does it count as 1/3 failed attempt and I can retake it?
Sophia.org: 74 LL credits
TEEX: 13 credits (3 UL + 10LL) 
ACTFL: 24 credits (12 LL + 12 UL) 
Community College: 81 LL credits (2 AAs)
WGU: 9 UL credits
UMPI: 42 credits (30 UL + 12 LL)
Study.com 12 credits (6 UL + 6LL)
UMPI BLS, minor in Management. Magna Cum Claude. (May '22)
Whether they accept it or not, I'm pretty sure you've lost both the test attempt per month and the attempt per course. I'm sorry and I hope that you're able to resolve this satisfactorily.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • park0902
(11-30-2021, 02:59 AM)park0902 Wrote: Thank you all for the recommendations. If they disqualify the test because they consider it "cheating", does this mean I've lost one test attempt this month, or does it count as 1/3 failed attempt and I can retake it?

I'm guessing you just lost that single attempt, and they'll allow you to retake it.  You're allowed 3 attempts per course, so you get 2 more.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • park0902

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,325 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,590 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,343 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 731 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 328 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,901 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 581 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 309 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue