Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Options at TESU? Residency vs Waiver for Military Dependent.
dfrecore Wrote:Just an FYI, I thought Public Relations was really hard. I passed, but it just was not as easy exam.

Prin of Marketing is new, and has short answer and essays as well as MC questions. So won't be as easy as other options.

Computer Concepts, Tech Writing & English Comp II - definitely recommended as TECEP's, I've taken them all w/o studying and passed.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll look into switching out the PR Relations now lol.

The Principles of Marketing TECEP isn't bad at all though, I've already taken it. You only need 65% to pass and the test has 74 multiple choice questions- so you have a good shot at passing without the essay section. Essay portion wasnt difficult either. Just have to know the definitions well enough to write a few sentences. I had already studied to take the exam at Saylor and used a rented textbook from Amazon to prepare. I don't even think the textbook was necessary, but having all definitions in one place was nice. I think it's a good option for those just needing easy TECEP's even though it is available elsewhere for cheaper.
Thankyou I did do the military option so heres to hoping I made the right choice and finding teceps!
Silly_Me Wrote:Is there a reason why so many people suggest English Comp II but not English Comp I (TECEP)? Just curious.

I personally chose it because I had already taken English Comp I, so I didn't need that course. I think that's the case for a lot of people who went to school and ended up not finishing. It's one of those courses many take early on in their college careers.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Silly_Me Wrote:Is there a reason why so many people suggest English Comp II but not English Comp I (TECEP)? Just curious.
Also, if you need both and want to test out, there's always the CLEP which is worth 6 credits and covers both.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:Also, if you need both and want to test out, there's always the CLEP which is worth 6 credits and covers both.

That's true... But, I'm really looking to take as many (easy-ish) TECEPs as possible so I don't have to pay that residency waiver. Smile
Silly_Me Wrote:That's true... But, I'm really looking to take as many (easy-ish) TECEPs as possible so I don't have to pay that residency waiver. Smile

Well then, I would add English Comp I to your list.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Have you taken a look at the TECEPS list? Go through these - Thomas Edison State University | All TECEPÂ Tests
I would find the ones you need, not because they are easy, but because it applies to the degree and residency.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Have you taken a look at the TECEPS list? Go through these - Thomas Edison State University | All TECEPÂ Tests
I would find the ones you need, not because they are easy, but because it applies to the degree and residency.

These are the ones I've put on my "to do" list -

English Comp I
English Comp II
Tech Writing
Applied Liberal Arts Math
College Algebra

I plan to take two upper level biology courses (the only two they offer at TESU), and my 3-credit capstone. Assuming I pass all the TECEPs, I should be good for my residency waiver! Smile
Silly_Me Wrote:These are the ones I've put on my "to do" list -

English Comp I
English Comp II
Tech Writing
Applied Liberal Arts Math
College Algebra

I plan to take two upper level biology courses (the only two they offer at TESU), and my 3-credit capstone. Assuming I pass all the TECEPs, I should be good for my residency waiver! Smile

That's an awesome list, I hope you do well on them. Good luck on your studies, keep pushing forward!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 2,929 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  GI Bill for independent and distance learning options BBryant165 1 1,319 08-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,130 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,576 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,534 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,775 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,875 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Application Fee Waiver ECH90 2 2,622 09-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Last Post: ECH90
  AF Commission with TESU Degree TESUAF 15 4,349 08-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Military Residency Requirement natshar 3 1,925 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: natshar