Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best masters degree to complete to get a good paying job after you graduate?
Especially, if only have internship or volunteer experience, but no
"real job" experience. Would have long work history, but in restaurants. TIA
This is too wide open. What would "good" be? Almost all median salary statistics for jobs "requiring" a master's look good to me Wink ! And someone will come along shortly, I'm sure, and advise you that if you attempt a master's program from the point of view of "this will make me money" and not "I enjoy doing this" then you will be in for a really rough time. Most people agree that you might be able to "force" your way through a bachelor's you don't love but doing so through a master's is a different animal.

That being said, the broadest brush I could paint with here is that professional grad degrees have an edge over sciences and sciences have an edge over humanities. Again that is a very broad brush, but average lawyer and doctor types edge out average engineers and researchers who in turn edge out average writer types.

If this is going to be your approach to picking a grad degree to attempt you might be better off starting at the other end and working backwards. By that I mean find web sites that talk about what certain jobs pay on average, the forecast for growth of certain jobs in the future, etc. I was flipping through the latest issue of Money and saw they have a new jobs list out: Best Jobs in America 2010 – Salary and Job Market Information, Data and Research - Money Magazine on CNNMoney.com I think it's a good place to start for this approach.
With the addition of "has a quantitative and applied focus".

Do you like working in restaurants? Seriously. There might be something to do there that would give you experience on the way to the master's...

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 29 6,028 10 hours ago
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 717 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,178 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 299 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 686 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 614 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 301 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 548 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 299 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 908 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden