Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Three and a Science Degree
So will you apply this summer since you've completed all your pre-reqs?

And yeah, you have to schedule CLEPs to take in person. Same with DSSTs, UExcels, and/or TECEPs. You can also do some straighterline "minicourses" or "Penn Foster" courses too. Biggest setback will be getting like 30-33 upper level credits for the degree, so if you don't have them, figure out which ones are going to be the most straightforward to do and from which institution (COSC, TESC, or Excelsior)

edit: TECEPs are typically done through ProctorU now.
KittenMittens Wrote:So will you apply this summer since you've completed all your pre-reqs?

And yeah, you have to schedule CLEPs to take in person. Same with DSSTs, UExcels, and/or TECEPs. You can also do some straighterline "minicourses" or "Penn Foster" courses too. Biggest setback will be getting like 30-33 upper level credits for the degree, so if you don't have them, figure out which ones are going to be the most straightforward to do.

Just to clarify, TECEPS can be completed via ProctorU.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
KittenMittens Wrote:So will you apply this summer since you've completed all your pre-reqs?

I wish. Currently I only have my 49 credits I've earned at other colleges. I'm going to make a CLEP/UExcel/self-paced online courses/etc. plan, get 50-54 credits using that route, then apply and take probably the last 18 or so credits at TESC. I may even take some on campus; I don't live too far from Trenton.
You could look at the Natural Science/Mathematics BA at TESC, that would give you a science degree and your in seat science classes would help. Have you taken your sciences at a 2 or 4 year college? If at a 4 year TESC may take some of them as UL. I would suggest you take Organic Chem with Lab for UL credit if you can find it and you could take TESC Global Enviromental change for 6 UL credits.

I started with 43 credits most of them science, but that was before a lot of TESC programs and requirements got harder.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Any degree and the proper prerequisites should get you into the program. As someone who works in healthcare just make sure that is definitely the path you want to take. It sounds like you did you homework but I always recommend job shadowing to be sure you like it. Also, a universal tip is to get to know the gatekeepers in a program. Learn their history and look at any research they may have done. If they have done a research paper, bring up some details with them. This shows initiative and research ability. That's half the battle in healthcare. PubMed can be your best friend.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,202 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,868 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,008 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,963 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,325 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,684 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero