Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"C" Grades in Graduate School
I'm so disappointed, I made a "C" in one of my courses this semester, for which I take the blame for. I became unmotivated, and began to slack, while not putting my direct focus on my studies. My body really just needed a break from all the academic activities. I went hard at finishing my degree at Excelsior, and enrolled in grad school as soon as I finished; no breaks. However, the rest of my grades have been nothing but A's and one B+, so that C is really gonna stick out. Plus my school recently decided to issue iPads, while closing down Blackboard, so for those of us who decide to take a course online we have to use iTunes U, for which the professor was really not prepared for. Every week we were off course, she went totally opposite of what the syllabus stated. She was adding new assignments that needed to be done during the week, outside of what she had in the syllabus, which was never even mentioned in the syllabus. Then out of no-where creating Google Hang out chats; which caused the entire class to fall behind. So my question is for those of you who have went to grad school did any of you repeat any courses?

Thank God, at my school a grade of "C" is considered passing, and won't put you on academic probation, but I sure will take this as a lesson.
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
Exfactor Wrote:I'm so disappointed, I made a "C" in one of my courses this semester, for which I take the blame for. I became unmotivated, and began to slack, while not putting my direct focus on my studies. My body really just needed a break from all the academic activities. I went hard at finishing my degree at Excelsior, and enrolled in grad school as soon as I finished; no breaks. However, the rest of my grades have been nothing but A's and one B+, so that C is really gonna stick out. Plus my school recently decided to issue iPads, while closing down Blackboard, so for those of us who decide to take a course online we have to use iTunes U, for which the professor was really not prepared for. Every week we were off course, she went totally opposite of what the syllabus stated. She was adding new assignments that needed to be done during the week, outside of what she had in the syllabus, which was never even mentioned in the syllabus. Then out of no-where creating Google Hang out chats; which caused the entire class to fall behind. So my question is for those of you who have went to grad school did any of you repeat any courses?

Thank God, at my school a grade of "C" is considered passing, and won't put you on academic probation, but I sure will take this as a lesson.

You'll recover Smile Listen, I put grad school in a different category than undergrad. Honestly, there are a lot of reasons to pull good grades in undergrad, but grad school? Ehhh beyond keeping your GPA above the water and or any kind of employee reimbursement type situation (my hubby needed B or better to get reimbursed) I can't see the pressure to pull in the same high grades necessary in undergrad. Chin up, you can do it :hurray:
**It happens.

I have heard on more than one occasion that whatever type of student you were in undergrad, expect to be one grade lower in grad school -- if you were an A student in undergrad, expect B's. Don't sweat it too much. Your current and/or future employer is unlikely to pull your transcript anyway.

dmjacobsen http://donaldjacobsen.com
Author, nurse, and all-around awesome guy
MSN Executive Leadership - The University of Memphis - 2016
MBA Healthcare Management - Western Governors University - 2015
Thank you for providing this cautionary tale. Getting a 'C' grade in graduate school can happen to the best of us, so don't beat yourself up over it too much.

I'm enrolled in graduate school at ENMU, where 'C' grades in graduate school are allowed as long as the overall grad school GPA is at or above 3.0. In essence, a 'C' will not automatically result in academic probation unless one's GPA dips below the 3.0 threshold.
• Master of Science in Nursing - Eastern New Mexico University (in progress)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Western Governors University (3/2015)
• Associate of Science in Nursing - Platt College (3/2010)
• Diploma of Vocational Nursing - Casa Loma College (10/2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Professional licensure: LPN/LVN (1/2006); RN (5/2010)
• 16 brick & mortar credits from Oxnard College (2000 to 2001)
• 38 brick & mortar credits from Tarrant County College (2006 to 2008)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,210 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 894 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,850 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 65 15,190 03-06-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 946 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,355 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  ENEB won't let me graduate and refusing to answer all emails and calls slayer35 41 4,475 02-20-2024, 10:20 PM
Last Post: William.H
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,284 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  List of free graduate credit udi 15 7,616 01-26-2024, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Transferring graduate credit from UofPeople Quackerz 8 649 01-16-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Quackerz