Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHiME University
This does not appear to be a university in the classic sense yet they apparently offer both a Masters degree and a Doctoral degree.  I did not spend much time on the site but there does not appear to be any accreditation at all and not degree granting authority, etc.  Perhaps someone else can shed some light

https://www.iosconews.com/news/state/art...65235.html

https://ignitedigital.org/contact
(01-19-2022, 04:51 PM)Alpha Wrote: This does not appear to be a university in the classic sense yet they apparently offer both a Masters degree and a Doctoral degree.  I did not spend much time on the site but there does not appear to be any accreditation at all and not degree granting authority, etc.  Perhaps someone else can shed some light

https://www.iosconews.com/news/state/art...65235.html

https://ignitedigital.org/contact

I'm applying! Just kidding. Doesn't seem like they will get any accreditation anytime soon as they are offering a master's and a doctoral degree with no undergraduate course offerings. Might very well indeed be a degree mill but I can not make that determination as there is very little information on this school or the programs they offer. Also, the school is located overseas and has some type of affiliation with the University of Limerick
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
I don't see any prices on the CHIME site, but the article says that the degrees are $12k! Yikes. That's a lot of money for a completely unaccredited degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • thecontrarian
(01-19-2022, 05:05 PM)newdegree Wrote: I'm applying! Just kidding. Doesn't seem like they will get any accreditation anytime soon as they are offering a master's and a doctoral degree with no undergraduate course offerings. Might very well indeed be a degree mill but I can not make that determination as there is very little information on this school or the programs they offer. Also, the school is located overseas and has some type of affiliation with the University of Limerick

From their website:
[color=rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.7)]CHIME University has received authorization from the state of Utah to offer degree programs.  Based on this authorization, we will be able to offer remote learning in a number of states. We also may be able to offer remote learning internationally, depending upon the laws of the country in which a learner resides.[/color]
https://ignitedigital.org/important-details

They're not overseas. They're located in Michigan.
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.4)]CONTACT US[/color]

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.4)]710 Avis Drive, Suite 200
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Phone: (734) 665-0000
Fax: (734) 665-4922
www.chimecentral.org
[/color]

(01-19-2022, 05:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I don't see any prices on the CHIME site, but the article says that the degrees are $12k! Yikes. That's a lot of money for a completely unaccredited degree.

Tuition is $12K total for each degree. They have a payment plan so you don't pay it all upfront.

They will be going for their accreditation in the future. They are launching this month so it will be a few years before they're qualified to apply for accreditation.

https://ignitedigital.org/important-details
ss20ts is right, they're just state authorized/recognized, they don't seem to be going for any accreditation at this time either. So, technically, you're NOT supposed to take courses from them until they're at least in candidacy for some type of accreditation, either DEAC or a regional option...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-19-2022, 05:05 PM)newdegree Wrote: I'm applying! Just kidding. Doesn't seem like they will get any accreditation anytime soon as they are offering a master's and a doctoral degree with no undergraduate course offerings. Might very well indeed be a degree mill but I can not make that determination as there is very little information on this school or the programs they offer. Also, the school is located overseas and has some type of affiliation with the University of Limerick

I don't know about that name, ehn, but unless the state they're in prohibits graduate schools there is nothing unusual about not offering undergraduate courses per se, it's just that most grad schools are connected to a larger institution that offers undergrad courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 113 16,872 04-25-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 340 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 771 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 2,046 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,267 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 528 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,451 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 392 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,788 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 711 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger