Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
Does anyone know what the basic composition of the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP is? Is it mainly poetry as described in the CLEP Study guide and if so, is studying just the poetry section of Humanities good enough preparation for the test?
Thanks.Smile
wsnoon Wrote:Does anyone know what the basic composition of the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP is? Is it mainly poetry as described in the CLEP Study guide and if so, is studying just the poetry section of Humanities good enough preparation for the test?
Thanks.Smile

I took this exam on Saturday and finished with a 68. The best preparation is to understand Literary terms and be able to apply them. I didn't recognize any of the reading selections except an obscure part of Hamlet. A Google search will do the trick on the Literary terms. About 16-20 selections with 4 to 5 questions per selection. Time really flies, so watch your clock.

Best of luck. I didn't think it was as easy as others have said, but I did okay.
Just wanted to add that if you need help with Reading Comprehension practice there is a free tool at Number2.com that helps you practice Reading and Vocabulary. Also Math, Data Analysis etc.
I took this test in March and I stink in these type of exam topics. . I call this subject matter topics, "Touchie - Feelie" subjects because that I always have problems with subject matter that is neither logical nor concrete like say either math or physics. I studied for about one week reviewing terms, definitions and took the test. I had such a problem with this touchie feely test that I didn't get to finish. I put all "C's" for the last 20 questions and still PASSED. YEH - 6 more credits.....Can anyone say, "Who Let The Dogs Out." The test is mainly answering about 4-5 questions about either a poem or a passage.
wsnoon Wrote:Does anyone know what the basic composition of the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP is? Is it mainly poetry as described in the CLEP Study guide and if so, is studying just the poetry section of Humanities good enough preparation for the test?
Thanks.Smile

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]Here's another key - during your study read a poem once, read it again and ask yourself how or what do you feel? This is the partial basis of the exam. Questions are based literally on your "interpretation" of your feeling. Take that feeling and compare it against the answers, the one the matches wins.

HOWEVER - time passes quickly during this exam, so only read, re-read the specific area of the related question and not the entire poem again and again. GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE][/COLOR]
I would like to thank everyone for thier responses. Iwill put these inputs to use and go knock out this exam. thanks again.
wsnoon Wrote:I would like to thank everyone for thier responses. Iwill put these inputs to use and go knock out this exam. thanks again.

[SIZE="5"]GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]
I just took the test and failed with a 47. I have historically scored high on reading comprehension tests.... However....This test is a little different since it has poetry and old english style literature. Best advice is to skip around through the exam to catch the easy ones. I spent way to much time on a few questions and had to guess toward the end as I ran out of time. Good Luck!
Get a goodnight sleep before the test, because the test is extremely boring and you find yourself falling asleep during the test.
Other than falling asleep, the test was real "touchy feely". I barely passed the test, thanks to some divine intervention.

Take the advice given above. Read through some old English and poems and see how you feel. Also know our literature terms and writing styles.

-William
williama79 Wrote:Get a goodnight sleep before the test, because the test is extremely boring and you find yourself falling asleep during the test.
Other than falling asleep, the test was real "touchy feely". I barely passed the test, thanks to some divine intervention.

Take the advice given above. Read through some old English and poems and see how you feel. Also know our literature terms and writing styles.

-William

[SIZE="2"]That you passed (barely or other wise) is not important. That you passed is - great job!![/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 514 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,854 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 855 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,326 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,649 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,284 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,241 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,164 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,346 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed yokopilar 4 2,092 05-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: yokopilar