Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Information Systems @ TESU
What course does CLEP Information Systems come in as at TESU?  Also can it be used to meet business core AND gen ed science, or does it need to be a different course?
https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/Curre...CLEP-Exams

COS-101, Introduction to Computers.

TESU needs different courses in each "slot". You can't double up requirements. And I don't think COS-101 will go in the Business Core (but I could be wrong).
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Juju7
(07-13-2021, 11:47 AM)Juju7 Wrote: What course does CLEP Information Systems come in as at TESU?  Also can it be used to meet business core AND gen ed science, or does it need to be a different course?

Comes in as Introduction to Computers COS-101  (Does fit Professional Business Requirements for Computer Concepts for BSBA degree)

A course can only go in one spot.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
According to the list at https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/Curre...CLEP-Exams it comes in as COS-101. Instead of taking the CLEP, I would recommend taking Intro to IT through Sophia.org. Classes at TESU only meet one requirement. It can either be business core or gen ed but not both.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-13-2021, 11:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote: According to the list at https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/Curre...CLEP-Exams it comes in as COS-101. Instead of taking the CLEP, I would recommend taking Intro to IT through Sophia.org. Classes at TESU only meet one requirement. It can either be business core or gen ed but not both.

Do you know if any study.com courses fit the business core comp requirement?
Business 109: Intro to Computing and Computer Science 103: Computer Concepts & Applications come in as COS-101 Intro to Computers and should work.
Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications probably also works; it comes in as CIS-103 Intro to Computer Info Systems. But Sophia's course would be faster, cheaper, and way easier to complete.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Juju7
Here's the thing: If you need some courses from CLEP/Sophia.org/Study.com and want to get the most bang for the learning. You can take the courses as they won't overlap in credits, but will overlap in course content, so it's like studying for one course but getting credit for 3 courses. 1 can go into the Business requirements and the other 2 will go into your General Education requirements (Sciences requirements).

TLDR: Take all 3, get COS-101, COS-103, and CIS-107 to hit all 3 spots, 1 Business core, 2 General Education (both Science slots completed)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Juju7
(07-13-2021, 11:47 AM)Juju7 Wrote: What course does CLEP Information Systems come in as at TESU?  Also can it be used to meet business core AND gen ed science, or does it need to be a different course?

This is a helpful page on SDC that shows how courses from SDC will transfer in to TESU.  https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html  It is still best to go ahead and apply and fully register for a TECEP so that you can contact an advisor and ask questions.  Sometimes TESU changes requirements and course transfers.  If you have it planned on your degree evaluation from TESU then it is "more" set in stone.

For science, I would take Sophia Human Biology and Environmental Science.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dorothy44's post:
  • Juju7
Getting a course planned on your evaluation: good.
Asking a TESU advisor which SDC course to take: not good.

Not only are TESU advisors often flat-out wrong when they answer, it's in their/TESU's best interests to get you to take a course from TESU instead of from somewhere else. There is exactly one TESU advisor who sounds like they know what they're doing (his name is on the forum somewhere), though I've never talked to him myself. Everyone else is a roll of the dice. With dice that are weighted in TESU's favor.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44, Juju7
(07-13-2021, 01:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here's the thing: If you need some courses from CLEP/Sophia.org/Study.com and want to get the most bang for the learning.  You can take the courses as they won't overlap in credits, but will overlap in course content, so it's like studying for one course but getting credit for 3 courses.  1 can go into the Business requirements and the other 2 will go into your General Education requirements (Sciences requirements).

TLDR: Take all 3, get COS-101, COS-103, and CIS-107 to hit all 3 spots, 1 Business core, 2 General Education (both Science slots completed)

This is what I did, and what I recommend - more bang for your buck.
Intro to Business Computing - CC years ago
Intro to Computers - DSST
by the time I took Computer Concepts & Applications - TECEP, it was a breeze

I did it with math
Finite Math - CC years ago
Intermediate Algebra - ALEKS
College Algebra - ALEKS
by the time I took Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics - TECEP, it was a breeze

So take as many courses as you can fit from one specific area if you can (computers is a good one), it just makes life easier.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Juju7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 430 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 415 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 434 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,258 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 244 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,174 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 225 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 351 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 270 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27