Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Information Systems and Computer Application..just passed! Dissapointed with IC
I gave this test today and scored 57.The test is a difficult one.I have a good knowledge of computers, had 10 days to prepare for the test, used Instant Cert and Wikipedia(thank god!). One has to have more knowledge of Information System concepts, KBS, DSS, Groupware, Expert Systems, file extensions, Network devices, Hardware, GPS, Database concepts etc..

IC only defines these topics...and thats all! But for the test one needs to know more than just that.(Thank god!! i had used wiki or would have failed for sure)PLZZZ do not just rely on IC!!! Use Wikipedia to understand(in detail) all the concepts mentioned in the "Knowledge and Skills Required" page of CLEP website.

Very disappointed with IC! they should either remove this test from the course list or update it!

And NO! the 'fill in the blanks' format does not help, the objective format on the real test is very confusing, the students should be prepared for that too!
This, my friend, is why most people favor (like myself) the DSST Intro to Computers. IC prepares very well for that particular test.

Also, please keep in mind, that IC isn't going to give you the answers to the real exam. Its just a prep test, like Petersons, that help you to apply learned concepts to different scenarios. Next time, check the InstantCert Members only area for test feedback. It really can make a difference.

Glad you passed istudyclep! Welcome to the board!
DONE!!!! :hurray:hilarious:hurray: 120 out of 120 Complete. BSBA in CIS at Thomas Edison State College

TESC - 9 C/H
Strategic Bus Management (BUS 425) - A
Sys Analysis and Design - A
Network Tech TECEP (CMP-311) - Pass

CLEP - 15 C/H
College Comp - 56
Prin of Management - 62
Prin of Marketing - 61
Business Law - 59

DSST - 9 C/H
Introduction to Comp - 476
M.I.S. - 464

South Suburban Com Col - 18 C/H
Phil 101 & 107, 16 credits in Music Study/diction/composition

Microsoft MCSA - 3 credit hours in BSBA CIS Area of Study

ALEKS-Straighterline-Penn Foster-FEMA-TEEX - 12-39-6-6-= 66 CR Hours
Interm/ Algebra, Col. Algebra, PreCalculus, Intro to Stats - Managerial Acc, Intro Bio, Business Ethics, Org. Behavior, US History I & II, Intro Psych, Macro, Microeconomics, Bus Comm., Intro to Business, Acc I & II - Intro to Prog, Fin. Management - TEEX IS Security Courses
I agree. If you could have, depending on the school you're transferring the test to, you should have taken the DSST. It's the easier exam and IC prepared me fine for it. I'm not even an IT professional.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
oh man .. im scared .. I have to take it April 11th.. I took test 2 of peterson and scored a 41 .. It was hard .. Instant cert didnt help at all .. using the rea book
I took the first PEtersons and got a 59. Trying to take another one this week and hope its in the 60s. I want to take this test in two weeks. I was thinking of switiching to the DSST one instead, I'm nervous too.
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems - ~TBD~ (currently working toward)
TESC AAS Applied Computer Studies - September 2013 (finished in June 2013)

GENERAL EDUCATION
SL English Comp I/II ~Intro to Sociology
ALEKS ~Intermedia Algebra~College Algebra
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
B&M 9 credits (computer classes)
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)
TEEX Cyber security courses 4cr (core)
DSST Intro to Computers 3cr (435)
PENN FOSTER Computer Applications 3cr

BUSINESS
TEEX Cyber security course 2cr (MAN-299)

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
You should always incorporate other study material along with IC. That is why the Specific Feedback section is priceless. Members discuss which points to focus on and also include other resources that are good for studying. Not only that, some threads have member-created study guides that are personally my favorite to use.

With just IC and Wiki, I think you did very well. In the past i have used 3-4 extra resources on some tests and have scored lower.

Congrats on passing though, a pass is a pass, and you only spent 10 days compared to a whole semester.
I've only failed 1 CLEP after passing 18, and it made me appreciate IC that much more for the tests i have passed. No matter the score.

Learn from this for future tests so you know to include more study resources. Good Luck!
BSBA General Management @ TESC 03/2014
AAS Environmental Safety & Security Technologies @ TESC 03/2014
AS Public Fire Service Option @ CC 12/2012

CLEP
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
College Algebra
US History I
Natural Sciences
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
College Composition

DSST
Principles of Supervision
Organizational Behavior
Human Resource Management
Business Ethics and Society
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Computing
Management Information Systems
Principles of Financial Accounting
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Business Law II

FEMA
21 Completed

TECEP
Strategic Management
Advertising
Sales Management

SL
Business Communications
Business Law
Accounting II

Aleks
Intro to Stats (24 hours!)

In Progress
M.B.A Management Cal Coast University
[-] The following 1 user Likes seanmathews's post:
  • greencouch
You have to realize you don't always rely on one study guide. The specific exam feedback is there for a reason.
Set yourself goals, not limitations
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tasman's post:
  • greencouch
I take CLEP Information systems this Wednesday. I went through the Modern States course and I have taken the exam from the 2018 Clep study guide. I got 72 out of 90 correct on it for an 80%. I feel like I know computers pretty well, but I am nervous since this is my first exam.
(03-25-2018, 08:35 PM)ChasingDegrees Wrote: I take CLEP Information systems this Wednesday. I went through the Modern States course and I have taken the exam from the 2018 Clep study guide. I got 72 out of 90 correct on it for an 80%. I feel like I know computers pretty well, but I am nervous since this is my first exam.

This is a 5 year old zombie thread.  You might want to start a new thread, and ask a question if you have one (this didn't seem like you were asking for any information).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes! Wow, and old thread.

Here is the most up to date thread for this CLEP (and I threw in DSST's for good measure)

CLEP: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...tions-CLEP

DSST: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...uters-DSST

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 210 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 857 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,443 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,163 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 3,876 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  UMPI YourPace Computer Science ashkir 99 18,847 09-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 796 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd
  LSU Online Computer Science JO37992 2 748 03-22-2023, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 13 2,361 03-07-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Ypsiterroir