Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP home proctoring issues
Good grief! That is just ridiculous!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
I was told during a ProctorU Exam (TECEP) that I had to have my face showing at all times (facing the camera). It was a math exam, where I had to work out every problem on paper. I just said "I cannot look at the camera AND at the paper to work out math problems at the same time, can you let me talk to your supervisor?" Voila, he suddenly understood that he was an idiot and left me alone to finish my exam.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle, rachel83az
I found out that certain proctors are assigned to certain CLEP exams.
Apparently, DHEERAJ is the proctor for Principles of Management and is a definite proctor to avoid.
When my son asked for a supervisor (because the proctor was asking for a windowless room again), he put my son on hold for 20 minutes then said my son could continue with the test once he moved.
My son again asked for a supervisor, and he put my son on hold for another 20 minutes.
After an hour of trying to get to someone else, my son gave up and we will be emailing the College Board execs.
This will be my son's last CLEP exam, dealing with the proctoring is just not worth the hassle.
If the College Board execs won't help, my son will have to take the exam asap at a local university before they start middle of next week.
Wow, that is harsh, never heard of that - ever for CLEP proctoring at least... Anyways, I having ProctorTrack's "data breach" issues was one thing, having such a Proctor is even worse. If at all possible, do the test at a college close by and be done with it. Otherwise, see if there are options other than the CLEP exam, do they accept ACE?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Crossing fingers...

From College Board:
Thank you for your patience as we investigated your son’s testing experience. After a thorough investigation, we discovered that the proctor incorrectly instructed your son to close and cover the windows. We take this matter seriously and have taken action by initiating retraining for the proctor involved.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We've instructed Proctortrack to assign your son a more experienced proctor for his upcoming tests. As a friendly gesture, we'd like to offer a CLEP exam voucher for a future CLEP exam.

Thank you for your feedback
[-] The following 1 user Likes Carnation's post:
  • PLEX
Hmm, for some reason, I thought that would happen. I've done proctoring in the bathroom before with ProctorU and the RPNow options, no issues at all with having a small window. I just threw everything into the tub and closed the glass sliding doors to the tub, did my exams with nothing on the counter and at the end of the exam... voila, no issues at all...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-16-2023, 02:25 PM)Carnation Wrote: Crossing fingers...

From College Board:
Thank you for your patience as we investigated your son’s testing experience. After a thorough investigation, we discovered that the proctor incorrectly instructed your son to close and cover the windows. We take this matter seriously and have taken action by initiating retraining for the proctor involved.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We've instructed Proctortrack to assign your son a more experienced proctor for his upcoming tests. As a friendly gesture, we'd like to offer a CLEP exam voucher for a future CLEP exam.

Curious, did this message come from an executive/high level person at College Board, or from someone in their contact center?  It sounds suspiciously like someone with no authority would have sent.

If that's the case, and if your son is still considering other CLEP exams, I believe I can still find the email of the person who actually took care of my problem (due to poor user interface, I inadvertenly exited the entire exam when I thought I was exiting the review session.)  In my case, the regular customer service said it would take weeks to even review what happened.  I found the email of an executive, and got a call the next morning, and a complete, satisfactory resolution within 48 hours.  Your mileage may vary, but I got the sense that when one gets to a high enough level, they are genuinely concerned.

Retaking the test, if he already took it, due to ineptitude, and waiting 20 minutes twice and not reaching a supervisor are both unacceptable.  If he didn't actually take the test, then nd a free CLEP voucher isn't a bad compensation for the problem. But the key would be, do you have someone that actually has authority (as in, senior management) that you can contact if your son has a future problem?  That's what I'd need to be confident of before using Proctor Track again.
(08-16-2023, 11:31 PM)studyingfortests Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 02:25 PM)Carnation Wrote: Crossing fingers...

From College Board:

Curious, did this message come from an executive/high level person at College Board, or from someone in their contact center?  It sounds suspiciously like someone with no authority would have sent.

If that's the case, and if your son is still considering other CLEP exams, I believe I can still find the email of the person who actually took care of my problem (due to poor user interface, I inadvertenly exited the entire exam when I thought I was exiting the review session.)  In my case, the regular customer service said it would take weeks to even review what happened.  I found the email of an executive, and got a call the next morning, and a complete, satisfactory resolution within 48 hours.  Your mileage may vary, but I got the sense that when one gets to a high enough level, they are genuinely concerned.

Retaking the test, if he already took it, due to ineptitude, and waiting 20 minutes twice and not reaching a supervisor are both unacceptable.  If he didn't actually take the test, then nd a free CLEP voucher isn't a bad compensation for the problem. But the key would be, do you have someone that actually has authority (as in, senior management) that you can contact if your son has a future problem?  That's what I'd need to be confident of before using Proctor Track again.

1. Yes the email came from a high level person at College Board.
2. This is the 3rd time trying to complete the same exam but getting the same idiot of a proctor.
The first time my son was 3 questions from completing the test and the proctor had some issue and cancelled the test even though my son believes he passed it. We were told by College Board that he could retake at his convenience, but the system made him wait 3 months before it would let us.
Can't remember what happened the 2nd time but it has been frustrating just to get this one CLEP completed.

We had technical issues early on which we fixed on our end (see previous post about connecting hard wire to our internet). 
Once we did that, all other CLEP exams have worked fine, it is just this one proctor who has crazy requests like taking an exam in a windowless room.

This 3rd time my son did not take the Management exam because the proctor would not let him talk to a supervisor.  So yes, it would be this exam plus the free voucher they gave us.
Not sure what he would use the free voucher on, I guess we will wait and see if he can use it later in program we laid out for him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Carnation's post:
  • PLEX

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 3 176 10 hours ago
Last Post: cannoda
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 101 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 124 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP Economics marinereef 3 267 04-05-2024, 01:46 PM
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 208 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 531 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 896 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 570 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 734 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 467 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill