Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC BA Phycology Degree plan needed
I'm looking for a degree plan for the Psychology degree. I did find an older list of classes but it's a little old. The reason I decided to do this one was that I can test out of most of it.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Do you mean Psychology? This is no longer a degree that you can get at COSC by testing out of it. Most of the classes were from Coopersmith and COSC no longer accepts Coopersmith. If you want a BA Psychology, TESU or Excelsior are your only options. Since you already have a degree, though, Excelsior would be more difficult.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
This is what I have found and I'm going to talk with the advisor and see. Taking a few classes is fine but I would like to test out as much as possible.

PSY 101: Psychology Completed 1st degree
PSY 216: Statistics in Psychology
PSY 490: History & Systems in Psychology study.com
PSY 410: Research Methods for Behavioral Sciences study.com UEXCEL
PSY 320: Cognitive Psychology
PSY 322: Learning and Memory
PSY 321: Social Psychology Study.com UEXCEL
PSY 495: Psychology Major Capstone COSC

General Psych Possibilities
PSY 236: Life Span Development Study.com UEXCEL DSST
Introduction to Educational Psychology CLEP
Psychology of Gender (PSY-270-TE) TCEP
Abnormal Psychology UEXCEL
Psychology of Adulthood & Aging UEXCEL
Adolesent Psychology Completed 1st degree
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
You've never been able to test out of Statistics in Psychology, that's always been one you have to take at COSC.

PSY 320 & PSY 322 do not have any valid alternate sources now.

But why not add BA Psych to your BALS History at TESU? Or have you already applied for graduation at TESU? You can fully test out of that: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Well, you are correct and that is an option. I guess I didn't want to wait, another year.
With how slow COSC is (especially because you'll have to take at least 4 classes with them), it'll probably take a year to get a Psych degree, regardless. Since you already have one BALS, I would definitely recommend going with TESU over COSC and just pushing your second degree back a bit.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Depending on your goals and what psychology credits you already have, you could also add TESU's undergraduate certificate in psychology.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
@OP - I just looked at your signature, you're doing another BALS History, they're letting you do this? I also would recommend doing the Certificate in Psychology OR you can go straight to the Walden MS Psychology option instead of a second/third degree. I would skip the one at COSC in favor of doing a Masters, but if you want to add a certificate while working on the BALS History, that's a great option too.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Maybe a COSC General education degree with Applied Behavioral Science psychology concentration?
It is not the same but quite more flexible. Depend for what you want it.
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...cience.php
My youngest is working towards this, and you're welcome to look at his spreadsheet if you like:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Heh, that said, if anyone sees flaws here or how this is out of date, by all means please let me know.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,681 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,285 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,644 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,165 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  Help with Degree Plan origamishuttle 12 1,897 06-02-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium