Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC Waiver, Study.com Referral, other discounts
Hello every booty!  How is it going?  I've been getting a few people private message me but their "Private Messages" are turned off. 
Please make sure you enable private messages otherwise you wouldn't be getting a notification from me when I reply back.  Thanks

For those applying to COSC, there is a waiver code to use, and I can't put it on here for public use.  Just PM me and I'll send it your way.  This will save you $50 for the application fee (making it FREE to apply).  For Excelsior/WGU, they have similar discounts, if you take a course from an ACE provider, you get the application free. 

For those who didn't know already, COSC/WGU and a few other schools have tuition discounts if you use select ACE providers.  Just make sure to do some courses with the recommended combo from Sophia.org/StraighterLine/Study.com as you get a discount in tuition and fees, it's 10% essentially.  I mean if you take enough courses from these providers, it actually comes out FREE.  

Example: StraighterLine, if you take 4 courses from them in a month, that'll be roughly $336 ($99 monthly membership)+(4x59).  If you add all the fees together from COSC (cornerstone, capstone, graduation, etc) and take 10% off, you get roughly the same amount back, thus... the courses you took at StraighterLine are paid for!

Here's an example of a PM just a today, I was not able to get back to the user:

DegreeForum Member Wrote:Hi, are you still able to provide a referral link for Study.com?  My email is <insert email address here>@gmail.com.  Thanks, appreciate it.

Hey, I got my cousin to send you the referral. I had paused my subscription earlier last week. Just click the link on the email and sign up as you would. Thank you!

Side note: You may want to "wait on this" Study.com subscription if you still have some general education/free electives to do. Sophia.org has an amazing special right now, all their courses are FREE.

Complete all that applies to your degree and then use Study.com to finish the upper-level requirements.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • harrypotter, ss20ts
(07-13-2020, 09:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For those who didn't know already, COSC/WGU and a few other schools have tuition discounts if you use select ACE providers.  Just make sure to do some courses with the recommended combo from Sophia.org/StraighterLine/Study.com as you get a discount in tuition and fees, it's 10% essentially.  I mean if you take enough courses from these providers, it actually comes out FREE.  

Just to clarify, WGU does have a deal with StraighterLine for taking 4 classes from SL but it is a scholarship, not a discount. It is also a competitive scholarship, so you're not guaranteed to get it. You still have to fill out a scholarship application, be selected for the interview, etc. In the end they may deny your application or you might end up with a better scholarship depending on which ones you qualify for. Just be aware that you can only receive one WGU scholarship per degree program so you cannot stack them either.

That said, if you do obtain the WGU StraighterLine scholarship, it is a $2,000 scholarship but comes in as a $500 tuition discount per term for 4 terms. That is roughly a 15% discount on tuition, but it would be much more useful if it was paid out at one time. Most people on this forum are probably aiming to only have to enroll for a single term if they can manage it. Still, a 15% discount is better than nothing. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 264 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 213 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 333 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,223 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,281 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 924 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study Together Validity + Benefits Stacie 0 414 07-26-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Looking for a PERRLA referral code suzycupcake 0 623 06-19-2022, 07:20 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake