Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC transfer question
I’m planning on taking a program at my community college and I need one more pre requ to register for the fall. The pre requ requires a grade of C or better so a pass/fail course wouldn’t cut it. If I take an SL course and transfer it to COSC and then transfer my COSC transcript to community college will a letter grade show? When I graduated from TESU my transcript only reflected CR for community college courses I transferred in on my (official transcript)
Letter grades will show for courses or tests that receive a letter grade. Uexcel and transfer college courses gives grades, CLEP counts as credit only, for instance. SL gives letter grades I believe, so COSC will record that.

In my experience colleges want the credit directly from the source. So, you need to find out if the CC even accepts SL. They don't automatically take them because another school did. Good news is, if they do take SL, the letter grade should be recorded. I would double check with the registrar just to be safe.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
I'm guessing it's not going to work that way - you're trying to "launder" your SL course through COSC, and your CC won't take it. They want the course directly from the source.

Your only option is to take it somewhere where you can get a grade. What is the course you need? We may know of a way to get it faster than the norm.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-28-2018, 12:25 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm guessing it's not going to work that way - you're trying to "launder" your SL course through COSC, and your CC won't take it. They want the course directly from the source.

Your only option is to take it somewhere where you can get a grade. What is the course you need? We may know of a way to get it faster than the norm.

QFT
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:

COMPLETED:
GED (11/16/2004)
Biology with a lab component

I took all the other science courses when I took my paramedic program but bio was the only thing that wasn't required. I'm trying to do a paramedic to rn bridge program (1 year) and this school is the only one in my area that has a bridge for paramedics. I know excelsior offers a paramedic to rn bridge online but I feel like i'd rather do it in person. Most colleges only offer an LPN to rn bridge.

Also, some colleges in my area offer a BA/BS to BSN fast track that's only a year long but they're very intensive and i'd rather bridge off paramedic knowledge so I don't have to start from square one. I live in the Boston area. Mass General and Simmons college offer the fast track but they're very intensive and I wouldn't be able to work full-time like I could with the community college paramedic to RN program.
Hi. Is this Biology I or Biology II? I took several Biology courses from ACE sources, but I am taking Biology II + Lab at NMJC as I want "college credit" with a grade. I took mainly all the other sciences (Chem, A&P I+II, including Environmental Science) from ACE sources as well. I am planning on taking Physics I and II at NMJC or at Study.com as that's the last science on my list... If you need a science that's graded, then the New Mexico community colleges might be a good choice, like NMJC, Clovis, etc.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Ask your school if they will accept SL.

Rio Salado has Biology Concepts with an accelerated 8-week course. Starts 7/2, ends 8/27.

BYU-IS has Biology, I think you can finish in as little as 3 weeks (not certain of that though), and you could take the 1-cr lab through TESU or another school like that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-28-2018, 04:51 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Ask your school if they will accept SL.

Rio Salado has Biology Concepts with an accelerated 8-week course.  Starts 7/2, ends 8/27.

BYU-IS has Biology, I think you can finish in as little as 3 weeks (not certain of that though), and you could take the 1-cr lab through TESU or another school like that.

Awesome, that sounds like my best bet. I'm also enrolled in the WGU MBA in healthcare management so this next year is going to very ambitious if I can pull off both at the same time. I may adjust my goals for the MBA and complete it in two terms now that i'm interested in the paramedic to rn bridge program as well. I found that most administrative hospital jobs say (rn preferred or required) in their description so it made me question by path for the MBA in healthcare admin. I think my biggest issue is that there are so many nurses with masters degrees that are better qualified to be the manager or director of a unit or program.

I applied for a couple FEMA positions and I think my TESU BA helps check off a much needed box.
I will second Clovis and NMJC. Highly recommended. I actually took my Biology and lab at Clovis. Nicest people in the world and cheap to boot. Have yet to hear of a bad experience with any of the New Mexico community colleges. I had a terrible English 102 instructor, but that is a risk at any college.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:

COMPLETED:
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,392 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,672 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,619 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,958 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,967 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM