Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS105 - Programming for Everyone?
Hi everyone, 

Is anyone familiar with CS105 Programming for Everyone I at TESU? On my latest academic evaluation, I've been thrown a little challenge related to this course.

This was what the BSBA Accounting course requires as part of the Professional Business Requirements:

CIS-107 Computer Concepts and Applications: This course provides an overview of computer systems with a focus on historical development, hardware, application software, programming considerations, multimedia, communications, and the utilization of internet resources. 

So I took the following at TEL and passed:

TEL - Introduction to Information Technology: This course provides an introduction to information technology and computing systems. It covers both the history and theory of information systems as well as the practical application of technologies. 

On the latest eval, TESU accepted the TEL credit, but they bought it in as:

"CS105 Programming for Everyone I"

I don't have any more info because I can't even see any course like this on the TESU catalog ... either the code (which looks weird itself) or the title of the course.  It creates a bit of a mess because it starts bumping around courses and now I'm 3 short (the slot for COS-107).

Has anyone done Programming for Everyone at TESU?
All TESU course codes are three letters, so it should have transferred in as something like CAP, CIS, CMP, or COS. Which university did you choose to transcribe the credits?

There's a ton of transfer equivalencies that aren't offered as courses at TESU. You can find a lot of them in the PLA database, in the Professional Learning Reviews, and the MicroBachelors programs.

If you're looking at the academic evaluation, the "TESU #" column is what matters for the equivalency.

If you're looking at the unofficial transcript, it should only show the equivalency.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(04-01-2022, 11:39 AM)carrythenothing Wrote: All TESU course codes are three letters, so it should have transferred in as something like CAP, CIS, CMP, or COS. Which university did you choose to transcribe the credits?

There's a ton of transfer equivalencies that aren't offered as courses at TESU. You can find a lot of them in the PLA database, in the Professional Learning Reviews, and the MicroBachelors programs.

If you're looking at the academic evaluation, the "TESU #" column is what matters for the equivalency.

If you're looking at the unofficial transcript, it should only show the equivalency.

Thanks that makes sense.

The TESU course it landed under was COS-111 which is Intro to Programing. 

But that was really minimal on the course.

Do you think they'd change it?
Maybe. They probably evaluated it based on the course name. Do you have a syllabus?

You can appeal it by emailing the registrar's office: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/Curre...eal-Policy

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • thecontrarian
(04-01-2022, 12:54 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: Maybe. They probably evaluated it based on the course name. Do you have a syllabus?

You can appeal it by emailing the registrar's office: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/Curre...eal-Policy

That worked.

They changed it to COS-107 which is where I needed it to be!

Thank you.
That's great!

Oh wow... If it was me, I would have kept it as COS-111 Intro to Programming and added a course from Sophia.org such as their Intro to IT as that should come in as CIS-107... just in case you wanted extra "courses" to show in your transcript or if you wanted to add the CIS option as an additional AOS, or whatever the case may be... But in any case, carry on with your goal of finishing the BSBA!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile BACS: COS-2050 Python Programming VS COS-4510 AI,which course is easier? Felisa 5 461 01-21-2024, 01:59 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Intro to Programming techmama 17 1,662 03-28-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: techmama
  Sophia programming course gams007 0 455 03-15-2023, 09:21 PM
Last Post: gams007
  CS115: Programming in Java, COM209: Public Speaking mt_1994 7 644 03-14-2023, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Ninjadude
  cos-111 intro to programming techmama 1 371 03-11-2023, 11:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA CIS Programming course options 4zilla 8 1,468 05-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Last Post: akr680
  TESU: Final course needed, "Computer Programming/Programmable Logic Controllers" justinhemi 8 2,022 03-26-2019, 07:03 PM
Last Post: justinhemi
  BSBA CIS Programming course options 4zilla 5 895 03-10-2019, 11:31 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU cos-111 - introduction to programming equivalency? posabsolute 16 4,248 10-25-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Merlin