Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSM Learn
For those that took it, is it just me or are these questions the most terribly written questions you’ve encountered? I know this is a fairly common problem in courses but this is especially brutal for me. The questions aren’t hard but the way they are written, what they’re asking you for, and what they consider to be the right answer makes no sense. Like don’t make 4 answers logically make sense then ask me too pick 3 Angry
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

Some of them seem that way at first, but you have to read them again carefully and it's usually easier to see what the questions are actually asking.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 4 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • BSLIONS, FastTrackDegree, jch, TwinMom
(02-28-2022, 03:18 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Some of them seem that way at first, but you have to read them again carefully and it's usually easier to see what the questions are actually asking.

Yep. It's a feature, not a bug. It's designed to instill attention to detail and reading comprehension.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • BSLIONS, FastTrackDegree
Oh I get that, but it isn't even the math problems. Those have actually been okay and I don't even like math. English, critical thinking, sociology, and psychology are subjects I like. It's the non math questions where they're off base. I can't remember the specific question I showed my wife but she just looked at me and said no then walked away. She has her masters and is working on being a lawyer.
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

I took the CSMLearn course a couple of years ago (it was actually the first non-committal start to eventually completing my degree last fall.)

I agree with MNomadic. Eveything about CSMLearn is intentional, and as far as I can see, it's one of the most sophisticated AI-based learning platforms I have encountered. The approach it takes to assessing knowledge requires a lot of attention to detail, but if you commit to that, and think about what they are asking, at least from my recollection, it always made sense. Even the questions I got wrong, when I looked at it, I could understand why they had the answer they did.

Quite honestly, I wish other providers were as detail-oriented and sophisticated with their learning process as the CSMLearn course is.
[-] The following 5 users Like studyingfortests's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Londinensi, rachel83az, Tedium, TwinMom
(02-28-2022, 03:10 PM)BSLIONS Wrote: For those that took it, is it just me or are these questions the most terribly written questions you’ve encountered? I know this is a fairly common problem in courses but this is especially brutal for me. The questions aren’t hard but the way they are written, what they’re asking you for, and what they consider to be the right answer makes no sense. Like don’t make 4 answers logically make sense then ask me too pick 3 Angry

CSM Learn has six "High Performance Competencies". (Taken from their website). One of the competencies is:

"Persistence, self-reliance, and resilience" - students must persevere through frustration and bounce back to try again with fresh ideas. 

So yeah, like previously mentioned, it's designed to make you want to throw your monitor out the window!  Angry
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

[-] The following 3 users Like GizmoJack's post:
  • LevelUP, rachel83az, Tedium
(02-28-2022, 03:18 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Some of them seem that way at first, but you have to read them again carefully and it's usually easier to see what the questions are actually asking.

Hi Rachel,

I too am working on BACS and BSBA CIS dual degrees from TESU. I would love to be able to share information on this specific topic as we move forward - successes, problems, etc...

If we start a thread just on this topic maybe that would be best.
(08-13-2022, 08:43 AM)scottlefoll Wrote:

Hi Rachel,

I too am working on BACS and BSBA CIS dual degrees from TESU. I would love to be able to share information on this specific topic as we move forward - successes, problems, etc...

If we start a thread just on this topic maybe that would be best.

Cool idea, it's great to start a new thread for things such as this...  However, if you start one for every single provider and course, that'll be too many.  You might want to have a few threads and keep updating them, such as a progress thread, a questions/answers thread, a degree plan thread all for yourself and keep updating them, 3 threads can pretty much house all you need... Ideally that's what I would want, but it never happens, people keep posting 1 question 1 thread and sometimes repeating the same thing on another thread.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia: U.S. History: Learn from the Past, Prepare for the Future Kab 18 2,467 06-24-2021, 12:30 AM
Last Post: DNMO
Thumbs Up CSM Learn Discount for 3 HighSchoolDropOut 9 1,388 05-11-2021, 06:32 PM
Last Post: NC Coach
  CSM Learn discount code rachel83az 12 2,681 02-20-2021, 03:44 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  CSM Learn nilahti2 2 958 09-10-2020, 05:03 PM
Last Post: nilahti2
  Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy studiousimp 34 6,767 10-24-2019, 09:20 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85