Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CSM is INCREDIBLE!
(07-26-2019, 08:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Pretty much depends where you are located and which university you're interested in getting the degree from.  If you're in the USA, the method to use is CLEP/MS while they're still free and finishing the degree off with Study.com...  If you're not in the USA, then the method to use would be Saylor/Shmoop (Shmoop is not for TESU).  I wrote about this on the other sister forum.  Link 1: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...elp.51278/ and Link 2: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...000.52514/

I'm located in the US. Looking at TESU but definitely open to COSC as well.  So a  BALS TESU degree plan utilizing the max of the free credits listed would be incredible.  Also looking at using the free credits (and small fee ones) as mentioned to maximize a BSBA option, too!??
Completed:
The Institues-Insurance Ethics (2cr)                          
Sophia.orgDeveloping Effective Teams (1cr), The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
CSMLearn- CSMLearn Course (3cr)
TEEX- Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301 (11cr)
(07-26-2019, 10:48 AM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote: Ok, so for those of you who need a math course, I can’t suggest CSM enough.  I started yesterday and am nearly 20% complete with the overall course and as someone with ADHD who is AWFUL at math, this way of learning is far more effective than any traditional B&M setting that I have experienced in my life.  It’s fun and it will change its style based on what you do good & bad on.  Normally, I don’t retain this kind of information well, but the way they are explaining everything, I am learning a lot more than I ever have.  I can’t thank you all enough for suggesting this course to knock out my Quantitative Literacy requirement!
Very happy for you! CSM is indeed a great course for anyone who has math-allergy. They have created a wonderful course. I would suggest that you post your comments to CSMLearn- who is also a user on this forum. There is a very helpful guy named Clark, who occasionally posts on behalf of CSM. He would be very happy to hear such positive feedback. Let us all encourage CSM to create more such Math courses. I wrote to them that if they create such an effective and enjoyable learning model, I would be willing to even pay more and learn more advanced concepts like Trigonometry or Calculus from them!
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 3 users Like Supermind's post:
  • Caliokiegirl, CSMlearn, ss20ts
Here is what I've got for TESU since that is the school I most familiar with. Might not even be complete.

Written Com: CLEP College Composition (worth 6 credits)
Quantitative Lit: any math CLEP, CSM, or ALEKS
Diversity: Sociology CLEP
Ethical Leadership: Free ethics
Civic Engagement: American Gov CLEP
Humanities: Any Humanities, Foreign Language or Literature CLEP
Social Sciences: CLEP, od Psych or history, paid TEEX
Natural World: Free TEEX, any science CLEP, computers CLEP any science od.com
GE electives: anything CLEP non-bussiness, TEEX free and paid, ALEKS, CSM, some od.com
Free electives: literally anything

Speech and UL can't be done for free.

BSBA TESU:
Business Core can be mostly done via CLEP and od.com for some of them. Just match course/exam titles with the cores. Managerial Accounting can only be done via Saylor as far as cheap credit goes. So I'd recommend SDC, SL, etc unless you know to accounting.
Business in Society/International Management also can't be done for free and of course, UL can't either.

Saylor is also free if you get an outside proctor if not they are $25. Can be an option but the tests are kind of frustrating not the most popular option for members here. If you have a subject you know a ton and are a good test taker about maybe at least give it a try.
(07-26-2019, 10:09 PM)natshar Wrote: Here is what I've got for TESU since that is the school I most familiar with. Might not even be complete.

Written Com: CLEP College Composition (worth 6 credits)
Quantitative Lit: any math CLEP, CSM, or ALEKS
Diversity: Sociology CLEP
Ethical Leadership: Free ethics
Civic Engagement: American Gov CLEP
Humanities: Any Humanities, Foreign Language or Literature CLEP
Social Sciences: CLEP, od Psych or history, paid TEEX
Natural World: Free TEEX, any science CLEP, computers CLEP any science od.com
GE electives: anything CLEP non-bussiness, TEEX free and paid, ALEKS, CSM, some od.com
Free electives: literally anything

Speech and UL can't be done for free.

BSBA TESU:
Business Core can be mostly done via CLEP and od.com for some of them. Just match course/exam titles with the cores. Managerial Accounting can only be done via Saylor as far as cheap credit goes. So I'd recommend SDC, SL, etc unless you know to accounting.
Business in Society/International Management also can't be done for free and of course, UL can't either.

Saylor is also free if you get an outside proctor if not they are $25. Can be an option but the tests are kind of frustrating not the most popular option for members here. If you have a subject you know a ton and are a good test taker about maybe at least give it a try.

This is a great start, thank you!  It may still take me a bit to get familiar with it but it gives me a great starting point to try and tackle to GE stuff after the free TEEX courses.  Really appreciate it!
Completed:
The Institues-Insurance Ethics (2cr)                          
Sophia.orgDeveloping Effective Teams (1cr), The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
CSMLearn- CSMLearn Course (3cr)
TEEX- Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301 (11cr)
(07-26-2019, 10:48 AM)BrighterFuture88 Wrote: Ok, so for those of you who need a math course, I can’t suggest CSM enough.  I started yesterday and am nearly 20% complete with the overall course and as someone with ADHD who is AWFUL at math, this way of learning is far more effective than any traditional B&M setting that I have experienced in my life.  It’s fun and it will change its style based on what you do good & bad on.  Normally, I don’t retain this kind of information well, but the way they are explaining everything, I am learning a lot more than I ever have.  I can’t thank you all enough for suggesting this course to knock out my Quantitative Literacy requirement!

I missed this post when it originally went up. I am SO excited that you found the CSM Course so helpful! And congratulations on all your progress on your degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CSMlearn's post:
  • Caliokiegirl
I've heard mention of CSM and now your glowing review has me really interested in this as an option for my son to take even if just for high school credit. Is this what you're talking about, CSM certificate? https://www.csmlearn.com/product/certificate Do you know if they allow students under the age of 18 to register for the course?
[-] The following 3 users Like magflo's post:
  • Caliokiegirl, Clepper43, CSMlearn
(10-18-2019, 03:30 PM)magflo Wrote: I've heard mention of CSM and now your glowing review has me really interested in this as an option for my son to take even if just for high school credit.  Is this what you're talking about, CSM certificate? https://www.csmlearn.com/product/certificate  Do you know if they allow students under the age of 18 to register for the course?

My twin 13 yo are taking it right now!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 5 users Like TwinMom's post:
  • alab21, Caliokiegirl, CSMlearn, dragonwolf, magflo
This looks really good and I hate math so I may go this route for my TESU math requirement.
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

[-] The following 2 users Like BSLIONS's post:
  • Caliokiegirl, CSMlearn
(10-18-2019, 10:22 PM)BSLIONS Wrote: This looks really good and I hate math so I may go this route for my TESU math requirement.

I just finished and my brain is so tired, lol.  But... it was an excellent course and I actually learned so much!  I am going to have both of my high school boys take it asap.

Do you know if it satisfies the math requirement for COSC also, or does that only work for TESU?
[-] The following 2 users Like Caliokiegirl's post:
  • BrighterFuture88, CSMlearn
(10-21-2019, 09:16 PM)Caliokiegirl Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 10:22 PM)BSLIONS Wrote: This looks really good and I hate math so I may go this route for my TESU math requirement.

I just finished and my brain is so tired, lol.  But... it was an excellent course and I actually learned so much!  I am going to have both of my high school boys take it asap.

Do you know if it satisfies the math requirement for COSC also, or does that only work for TESU?

It should transfer as a 3 credit elective in liberal arts at COSC, but I don't think that it can be used to meet the math requirement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • CSMlearn