Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CSM is INCREDIBLE!
sorry I am new here. What is csm?
(11-19-2019, 05:21 PM)mikepro Wrote: sorry I am new here. What is csm?

https://www.csmlearn.com
[-] The following 2 users Like Murdockb's post:
  • CSMlearn, mikepro
Does anyone know the CSM course this is accepted at Excelsior? If so, do we know how it counts (ex. Statistics, college algebra, other)? Thank you!!
(05-18-2020, 02:48 PM)BigDaddy1 Wrote: Does anyone know the CSM course this is accepted at Excelsior?  If so, do we know how it counts (ex. Statistics, college algebra, other)?  Thank you!!

There is a list of colleges here: https://www.csmlearn.com/product/ACEcredit It looks like some count it as basic stats, others count it as a basic (math) requirement. Excelsior is not listed, but there is contact information for CSM if you are trying to get it transferred to a non-partner college.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • CSMlearn
(05-18-2020, 03:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 02:48 PM)BigDaddy1 Wrote: Does anyone know the CSM course this is accepted at Excelsior?  If so, do we know how it counts (ex. Statistics, college algebra, other)?  Thank you!!

There is a list of colleges here: https://www.csmlearn.com/product/ACEcredit It looks like some count it as basic stats, others count it as a basic (math) requirement. Excelsior is not listed, but there is contact information for CSM if you are trying to get it transferred to a non-partner college.
Hi! CSM does not have a formal agreement with Excelsior, but they have accepted the CSM Course as elective credit in the past. So, it won't count towards any math requirement at Excelsior. Hope that helps answer your question.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CSMlearn's post:
  • BigDaddy1
I have to say, although I have never tried csmlearn, for anyone who struggles on math, try and try again.
Sophia and Straighterline have saved me.
I have previously failed foundations of algebra twice at two brick and mortar schools, and college algebra on Straighterline. I don’t know if attention is the issue, but retention certainly is.
For college algebra, I am almost done on Sophia. They are the only place that breaks down the lessons in to chunks of information that I can learn and have time to practice and I am actually retaining the information.
I feel like most places present too much information at once for me to be able to fully comprehend. But Sophia offers shorter chapter lessons, more ways to study, and multiple instructors if you don’t get a lot from one, so you can choose.
Straighterline is the only way I could have possibly passed a statistics course. I chose business statistics. It offered way more word problems than strictly math questions. I could apply the questions to things I do every day at work, and I was able to grasp the concepts much better. They also had several questions that dealt with just vocabulary vs only math.
Math has seriously been a huge part of what has held me back from my degree. And I want people to know that it doesn’t have to be that way. There are many providers. There are many alternatives. Be picky. Do what is the best option for you. That’s the prevailing theme of this forum as a whole. A good bit of us are coming back after years of “life” happening.
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
[-] The following 2 users Like jcooke's post:
  • GizmoJack, rachel83az

CSM came in to my Excelsior transcript in March as Quantitative Reasoning, 3 lower level credits, Applied Professional/Elective.
[-] The following 2 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • BigDaddy1, CSMlearn
I just finished the CSMLearn course and I want to cry. The most grueling thing I've ever done academically. It took me 17 hours of work (it's all one long test). I'm not as terrified of all that stuff now as I was before because it really is an effective way to learn. But if you're not that way inclined, like me, prepare to be put through the mill.

That said, I highly recommend it. It is no joke.
[-] The following 1 user Likes monchevy's post:
  • CSMlearn
(06-22-2020, 09:18 PM)monchevy Wrote: I just finished the CSMLearn course and I want to cry. The most grueling thing I've ever done academically. It took me 17 hours of work (it's all one long test). I'm not as terrified of all that stuff now as I was before because it really is an effective way to learn. But if you're not that way inclined, like me, prepare to be put through the mill.

Congratulations on finishing CSM! I am sorry it made you cry, but I'm glad you still recommend it!  Smile  I am also glad it's given you more self-confidence. You sound like a strong person, and I wish you every success.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CSMlearn's post:
  • monchevy
(06-23-2020, 12:32 AM)CSMlearn Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 09:18 PM)monchevy Wrote: I just finished the CSMLearn course and I want to cry. The most grueling thing I've ever done academically. It took me 17 hours of work (it's all one long test). I'm not as terrified of all that stuff now as I was before because it really is an effective way to learn. But if you're not that way inclined, like me, prepare to be put through the mill.

Congratulations on finishing CSM! I am sorry it made you cry, but I'm glad you still recommend it!  Smile  I am also glad it's given you more self-confidence. You sound like a strong person, and I wish you every success.

I'm in my mid-50s and have nearly 40 years' experience in my field, yet I don't have a degree. Every time I have decided I'd like to go back to school, the math requirement has scared me off. Then I read the comments here about your course, and figured I'd give it a go. At the start, I was really intimidated and deflated, but the learning method made feel... I think "safe." After the initial 2-hour trial, I was shaking because I was actually learning, and thinking, "OMG! I CAN DO THIS!!" 

This is not to say the course is easy. IT IS NOT. But once I realized I could get through it with a lot of hard work and determination, I figured maybe I CAN get a degree after all. This course gave me the confidence to at least try. Thank you!
[-] The following 5 users Like monchevy's post:
  • CSMlearn, Muldoon, P226mem, rachel83az, Tedium