Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSU Global CBE in Information Systems Analysis and Design
I thought I'd start a separate thread for the exam I took. If these exams get more popular, it'll be easier for people to find feedback for individual exams if it isn't buried in the long CSU Global CBE thread.

First of all, I would like to say that I passed this exam on the first attempt! A 70% was required to pass, and I scored 80%.

The study materials in the student portal are very well-organized and cover most of what you need for the exam. The modules are in a slide format with text, embedded videos, links to articles, and a few flashcards here and there. I'll admit that I didn't watch the videos or read the external articles because I didn't have time. I spent probably a total of 6 hours over two days studying. I read the chapter reviews in the textbook (which was an older edition than recommended), and I went through the slides. I also took the pre-test and looked up everything I got wrong. The questions on the pre-test are easy. The answer choices for many of the questions were so ridiculous that it was easy to guess the right answer. Even before having gone through the slides and after only reading the chapter reviews in the book, I was able to get a 64% on the pre-test. The actual test is a little harder, but still has some ridiculously easy questions. The test is not nearly as technical as the recommended textbook; it felt more like a business management test than an information systems test. What I didn't know is that the test would have 5 essay questions. The essay questions weren't complicated and didn't require much writing, but I was not prepared for them. I just tried my best to BS an answer. The other 95 questions were multiple choice. I do not know if the essay questions are worth more than the multiple choice questions.

The system will tell you that it will take two weeks to grade your exam, but mine was graded in less than a week. It's supposed to take another two weeks for the credits to post on your official transcript. Kryterion is not much different from ProctorU. Their proctor looked a little more professional having been dressed in a business casual outfit, having her own cubicle, and acting more professionally. They don't require you to use a mirror to view your screen; but, you have to move your camera around the room, show them your ID, and answer security questions. The proctor fee is included in the test fee.

If it weren't for the exams costing $250 and the difficulty of signing up for them, I would say that taking these is better than taking CLEP and DSST. You get to take them at home, they give you excellent study materials, the questions are easier to answer, you're earning credits from a regionally accredited school, and you can retake the exam at no additional charge if you fail the first time.

The title of this thread is worded a little funny. Sorry.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Tolpeko
Can you post a link to the webpage with information on the exam?

Systems Analysis is commonly offered at community colleges. At a cost of $250, why did you choose this option over taking it through a CC?
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

CC credits are lower level. At TESC, the BSBA area of study requires 12 UL credits. A CC course might be coded as CIS-299 and not meet the systems analysis and design requirement.

They don't have much information on their website.
https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/prog...ions/cbes/
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Thanks for the feedback! Do you think the textbook is necessary or will the study materials in the student portal suffice? Are these exams graded on a pass/fail basis or are they assigned letter grades?
laughter Wrote:Thanks for the feedback! Do you think the textbook is necessary or will the study materials in the student portal suffice? Are these exams graded on a pass/fail basis or are they assigned letter grades?

I'm pretty sure the exams are pass/fail. There will be some stuff on the test that's not covered by the online study materials, so I would recommend buying or renting the book even if it's an old version.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:I'm pretty sure the exams are pass/fail. There will be some stuff on the test that's not covered by the online study materials, so I would recommend buying or renting the book even if it's an old version.
Okay, thank you!
Hello Fellow CSU global StudentSmile

I am glad to hear your feedback on this exam! I want to take a few of these, but I was a bit reluctant as I am not familiar with the format.
I have exceeded the allowed amount for CLEP so these exams are my only hope.
Thank you.

Thank you!
On the CSU CBE exam could you use your book during exam, use notes and have a blank sheet of paper for problems?
mccatm Wrote:On the CSU CBE exam could you use your book during exam, use notes and have a blank sheet of paper for problems?

Nope. Closed books, no notes, no outside resources. A blank sheet woudn't have been helpful, not sure if it was allowed.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Congratulations on passing this exam. System Analysis was one of two courses I took through TESC. It and Software Engineering both used horrible textbooks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,560 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Systems Engineering Certification NotJoeBiden 3 272 03-31-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 600 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,936 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,013 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 275 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
  Purdue Global Owes $128 Million. It May Not Be Able To Pay. smartdegree 12 1,533 12-20-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,548 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 824 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd
  Global Convention on Higher Education Alpha 0 376 03-07-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Alpha